Your boss could fire you for using birth control

Should your boss be able to fire you if he disagrees with your reproductive choices?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bad move for the GOP. Say good bye GOP.

One would certainly think that would be people's reaction but that's not we're seeing here.

I suspect that people think the Rs mean "other people" but not them.

I was shocked to see presidential candidates openly supporting such incredibly invasive legislation.

I don't think you were that shocked. :tongue:

I'm still trying to figure out how they are going to legally ask those questions.

Bad move for the GOP. Say good bye GOP.

One would certainly think that would be people's reaction but that's not we're seeing here.

I suspect that people think the Rs mean "other people" but not them.

I was shocked to see presidential candidates openly supporting such incredibly invasive legislation.

not surprising. right now it's all about attracting the rightwingnut loons.

Its not that I'm surprised that they want to control birth control. They've actually been pretty open about wanting to curtail almost every freedom we now enjoy.

Its that they said it AFTER they announced they're running for the leader of the free world while voting in favor of taking basic freedoms away from both men and women.

What dummy would vote for that person?

They constantly lie about everything else. Why not that?

You need to do a bit more research on this subject. Until then...

insurance coverage

and thus the horror of hobby lobby

Oh no! How are you possibly going to survive your gang bang if your insurance won't pay for the murder of any child that is the result!? How in the world can you possibly survive this tragedy!? My goodness, if there were only some other option...what could that possibly be do you think?

insurance coverage

Oh no! How are you possibly going to survive your gang bang if your insurance won't pay for the murder of any child that is the result!? How in the world can you possibly survive this tragedy!? My goodness, if there were only some other option...what could that possibly be do you think?

gang bang? i understand that misogynist scum thinks women should be tied to the kitchen and making babies. but really, if you had half a brain, you'd know that no one should have to ask their boss for permission to get a prescription.

no doubt if a woman ever deigns to tolerate you, you might learn that.

insurance coverage

What are you implying?

insurance coverage

What are you implying?

he's not implying anything. that would require subtlety.

insurance coverage

What are you implying?

I'm waiting on him to answer.

insurance coverage

What are you implying?

I'm waiting on him to answer.

good luck! :)

I don't believe that its any of their business what their employees do away from the work place.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

While there are some obvious exceptions, ffor the most part, I agree with you.

Back in the 80s, the right pushed for laws that allowed employers to fire their employees if they smoked on their own time and away from their work place.
Because cigarettes have never been illegal, I don't how such a law could go through at all ever.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. What a person does with their body, to me, is between them and the Lord.
Birth control is not illegal either.
And you would think that they would be all for birth control because it keeps the female employees from having a pregnancy get in the way of their job performance or being at the job at all.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

lol, this cant be true.

...and I thought Hobby Lobby did cover birth control, just not as many birth control choices as some thought should be covered.
Wasn't the morning after pill the method they really disagreed on?

insurance coverage

What are you implying?
That I expect female bosses to help me with diversity, client relations, and stress management in a team oriented manner; so I can put it on my resume. :p

insurance coverage

gang bang? i understand that misogynist scum thinks women should be tied to the kitchen and making babies. but really, if you had half a brain, you'd know that no one should have to ask their boss for permission to get a prescription.

no doubt if a woman ever deigns to tolerate you, you might learn that.
If it's not covered by insurance pay for it yourself. You need to make up your mind. Are women too stupid to leave the kitchen and need others to take care of their birth control needs or are they smart enough to get a job and handle their own? You're thee reason I don't associate with liberal women. You pathetic people chant all about women can do anything and in the same breath beg for help because you can't handle it.

I get along just fine with my wife. Because she's not a whiny twit like you.

Simply wow.

It's nobody's business what MY reproductive health and decisions are. I wonder if this will be overturned.

Republicans Vote To Allow Employers to Discriminate Against Women Who Believe In Choice

By: Sarah Jones more from Sarah Jones

Friday, May, 1st, 2015, 7:27 pm

Coming soon to an office near you: Imagine yourself in your boss’ office explaining why you are on the pill or being asked your beliefs about abortion as you apply for a job. If you like this idea, thank a Republican.

In the late hours of Thursday evening in an attempt to quietly pander to the crowd of Republicans who feel that by not being allowed to impose their religious beliefs on others they are being harmed (aka, the “religious freedom” crowd last seen trying to deny gay couples the right to a wedding cake), “small government” Republicans voted to overturn a District of Columbia law that protects women from discrimination at work due to their use of contraceptives, having an abortion or getting family planning.

In other words, they voted to make sure your boss has the right to not only know but discriminate against you if you are on the pill, get family planning, or choose to have an abortion for whatever reason.

But, the GOP says there's no war on women. They also say they are in favor of personal liberties and that they're in favor of "small government".

What they don't say is that to the rabid right, "small government" means more laws and more control over your private lives.

Needless to say, President Obama will veto this monstrous bill but you can bet we will be hearing more about it in the future.

What if one of the RW nutters is elected prez? Both Cruz and Paul are in favor of this law.
Knucklehead......DC is owned and operated by democrats.
Jeez you are gullible..
If you want to live in this fantasy world of liberal/progressive blogs, go ahead.
it doesn't make you look intelligent.

Forum List

Back