You know how the left continues to say there is no voter fraud

Oh I see so now you will just blatenently LIE about this historical case which made the courts place the republican party into a consent decree that prohibits them from doing voter purges.

If the republicans would quit violating the consent decree by trying to keep voters from voting them maybe the judges woujld let it expire.

The Judges dont because the republican party keeps getting caught trying to keep legal American voters from voting.

Tell me , why do you continue to back a party that requires you to lie every day about clear court documented evidence?????

Just what the hell does the party give you in return for your adherance to lies daily?

how does requiring a valid photo ID make it harder to vote?

you have to have one to do everything from cash a social security check to driving.

so, how is requiring an id, which lowers fraud, BAD?

i want a serious answer

Florida Central Voter File - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

James Lee's testimony

On 17 April, 2001, James Lee testified, before the McKinney panel, that the state had given DBT the directive to add to the purge list people who matched at least 90% of a last name. DBT objected, knowing that this would produce a huge number of false positives (non-felons).[7]

Lee went on saying that the state then ordered DBT to shift to an even lower threshold of 80% match, allowing also names to be reversed (thus a person named Thomas Clarence could be taken to be the same as Clarence Thomas). Besides this, middle initials were skipped, Jr. and Sr. suffixes dropped, and some nicknames and aliases were added to puff up the list.

"DBT told state officials", testified Lee, "that the rules for creating the [purge] list would mean a significant number of people who were not deceased, not registered in more than one county, or not a felon, would be included on the list. DBT made suggestions to reduce the numbers of eligible voters included on the list". According to Lee, to this suggestion the state told the company, "Forget about it".

"The people who worked on this (for DBT) are very adamant... they told them what would happen", said Lee. "The state expected the county supervisors to be the failsafe." Lee said his company will never again get involved in cleansing voting rolls. "We are not confident any of the methods used today can guarantee legal voters will not be wrongfully denied the right to vote", Lee told a group of Atlanta-area black lawmakers in March 2001.[8]

So, in response to comments that your 2007 piece is outdated, you post a 2001 piece.

Moron.

It would keep all persons from voting twice...as it should.

One thing I think we really need to address that isn't being addressed in this pissing match between factions is that, if you assume party X is dishonest and party Y is dishonest....why do we assume the poll workers are honest? I would be quite interested in seeing hust how often congressional districts moved from one side of the ledger to the other depending on who was working the polls during the biennial (sp?) elections. I would think you'd find some fraud there too.

The point is; we need to make the elections of all public officials and public policy referendums as sterile a process as possible.

Forcing those casting ballots to prove they are able to vote in that particular election is one way to ensure it. It has my full endorsement as there is no logical opposition that can be staged in defense of basically allowing anyone to vote anywhere, multiple times.

OK you deny it happens in a significant way. I say one ineligible vote is significant because it negates one legally cast ballot.

Hell only one woman out of 100,000 is raped each year. By your logic, we shouldn't prosecute rapists.

The problem comes in when we move from these theoretical considerations to talking about practical ways of addressing the "problem." Suppose that, in order to screen out 10 instances of voter fraud in an election, you implement a "solution" that denies 100,000 legitimate voters a vote?

If you're honestly trying to address such real voter fraud as actually exists, you have to conclude that this would not be a good method -- it would be a cure far worse than the disease.

If, however, your real but hidden agenda is to deny those 100,000 legitimate voters a vote, because most of them won't vote the way you like . . . then you would resist any such cost-benefit analysis being done in the first place, and simply try to promote hysteria about the existence of voter fraud with comparisons, say, to rape.

OK you deny it happens in a significant way. I say one ineligible vote is significant because it negates one legally cast ballot.

Hell only one woman out of 100,000 is raped each year. By your logic, we shouldn't prosecute rapists.

The problem comes in when we move from these theoretical considerations to talking about practical ways of addressing the "problem." Suppose that, in order to screen out 10 instances of voter fraud in an election, you implement a "solution" that denies 100,000 legitimate voters a vote?

If you're honestly trying to address such real voter fraud as actually exists, you have to conclude that this would not be a good method -- it would be a cure far worse than the disease.

If, however, your real but hidden agenda is to deny those 100,000 legitimate voters a vote, because most of them won't vote the way you like . . . then you would resist any such cost-benefit analysis being done in the first place, and simply try to promote hysteria about the existence of voter fraud with comparisons, say, to rape.
no voter Id law does this. period.

That is correct... it is not preventing a legally registered and proven voter from voting, whatsoever...

Does not stop the winger's fear tactics though... "hidden agenda" LMAO

Only in winger land are showing and proving legitimacy to vote and helping prevent fraud bad things... and continuing a system and practice that allows fraudulent registrations and votes a good thing

It would keep all persons from voting twice...as it should.

One thing I think we really need to address that isn't being addressed in this pissing match between factions is that, if you assume party X is dishonest and party Y is dishonest....why do we assume the poll workers are honest? I would be quite interested in seeing hust how often congressional districts moved from one side of the ledger to the other depending on who was working the polls during the biennial (sp?) elections. I would think you'd find some fraud there too.

The point is; we need to make the elections of all public officials and public policy referendums as sterile a process as possible.

Forcing those casting ballots to prove they are able to vote in that particular election is one way to ensure it. It has my full endorsement as there is no logical opposition that can be staged in defense of basically allowing anyone to vote anywhere, multiple times.

I totally agree. This should not be a Partisan Issue. It should be about Our Dedication to maintain Fair, Transparent, and Verifiable Elections. It is about either Establishing and Maintaining the Integrity of the Election Process, not making excuses for Incompetence and or Corruption of the Process.

I disagree. The harder you make it to do anything, the more people will be prevented from doing it. Even if, theoretically, no absolute barrier is imposed, some people will, in actual practice, be blocked.

Preventing Voter Fraud is not Primarily about cost benefit analysis, it is about protecting the integrity of the Election Process. It costs nothing To bring your Legal ID, to Vote, that you use to drive, to enroll in School, to register for State or Federal Aid, to shop, to cash a check. Your argument is utter mind game. Still, State ID's are being provided free of charge, in States that require them for Voting, which makes your argument more lame and disingenuous.

I disagree. The harder you make it to do anything, the more people will be prevented from doing it. Even if, theoretically, no absolute barrier is imposed, some people will, in actual practice, be blocked.

Sorry, FAIL.
EVERY voter ID law recently enacted includes FREE ID's, and allow a provisional ballot even if you cannot produce ID, and even if you are not listed on the voter roles. You simply cast your provisional ballot, then follow the same procedure that has always been in place in ordfer for it to be verified.

NO ONE is prevented from voting. Period.

Alright, I'll play ball. I'm up to bat though.

Not that this will matter to anyone here because you are all so insanely biased toward your own party and stance on the political spectrum.

Investigation into Trashed Voter Registrations

Man arrested in voter fraud - Los Angeles Times

Republican Lawyers Group's Own Study Undercuts Vote Fraud Claims | News & Politics | AlterNet

Sharpton: Voter fraud found, perpetrated by a Republican

Seriously. Shut the fuck up. All of you.

Both parties do it, both parties are always guilty of the same crime that they claim the other side only does.

Deal with it.

/homerun

Alright, I'll play ball. I'm up to bat though.

Not that this will matter to anyone here because you are all so insanely biased toward your own party and stance on the political spectrum.

Investigation into Trashed Voter Registrations

Man arrested in voter fraud - Los Angeles Times

Republican Lawyers Group's Own Study Undercuts Vote Fraud Claims | News & Politics | AlterNet

Sharpton: Voter fraud found, perpetrated by a Republican

Seriously. Shut the fuck up. All of you.

Both parties do it, both parties are always guilty of the same crime that they claim the other side only does.

Deal with it.

/homerun

I do not disagree. Which is why I believe voter ID laws are good for EVERYONE.

Forum List

Back