Yes Thor is a woman: Republicans can now rage.

Marvel announced the next Thor movie will be played by Natalie Portman wielding the Hammer. Republicans and Trump supporters, I know how much you scream about how women are keeping you down. You may commence with your rage.

No rage. In the last year I’ve given up on Disney and especially their Marvel franchises. I simply won’t support them financially. No tickets. No support of sponsors or themed items/locations. No merchandise.

Likewise, I’ve given up in the DCEU for its poor choice of actors and storylines.
No one buys their merch. I’ve noticed all of the action figures and collectible Hot Wheels from Rogue One and the Last Jedi ended up in bulk at Dollar Tree. Along with the Star Wars,Marvel and DC Coffee mugs.

The unmistakable signs of a society cannibalizing itself are movies that try old blockbusters with new woke casting
(i.e. Ghost Busters or Wild Wild West) that fall on their faces.
Last summer I saw on someone's home streaming device a Marvel movie where Valhalla (the Norse paradise)
had Asian and black guardians protecting it.

It's cheap pandering but if your younger audience is too stupid to know the difference why not?
Movies have black Roman centurions, black knights and St. George the dragonslayer is now Chinese. Queen Guinevere is black. Robin Hood has a black Littlejohn and mexican merry men. They have been trying to make Cleopatra black for years.

This is a time when all of history is being reorganized into a static present where it has always been politically correct.

Cleopatra was black. You're thinking of Elizabeth Taylor who played her in that movie. Dumb ass.
No. Dipshit.... Cleopatra was was of Macedonian Greek stock. Fuck you're an idiot...

Marvel announced the next Thor movie will be played by Natalie Portman wielding the Hammer. Republicans and Trump supporters, I know how much you scream about how women are keeping you down. You may commence with your rage.

Stupid is stupid, and woke is fucking retarded.

Let's not just pick a woman. let's make her the tiniest one there is to play a super strong man.

:lol:

Marvel didn't just jump the shark, they fucked it first....

Republicans/conservatives whine about the most inane things.

The right’s unwarranted fear of change, diversity, and inclusion is truly ridiculous.

No one buys their merch. I’ve noticed all of the action figures and collectible Hot Wheels from Rogue One and the Last Jedi ended up in bulk at Dollar Tree. Along with the Star Wars,Marvel and DC Coffee mugs.

Trust me, people buy the merch. The companies just produce 3X what they actually expect to be bought. That’s why it ends up in the sale bin.

Trust me, people buy the merch. The companies just produce 3X what they actually expect to be bought. That’s why it ends up in the sale bin.

Exactly. It is better to print too many and eventually blow it out at cost, than not have enough and miss out on huge profits.

If people are freaking out about this...

I can't imagine if the rumors come to be true that Marvel is thinking of making Hercules gay in the Eternals movie.

Heads will pop everywhere.

The unmistakable signs of a society cannibalizing itself are movies that try old blockbusters with new woke casting
(i.e. Ghost Busters or Wild Wild West) that fall on their faces.
Last summer I saw on someone's home streaming device a Marvel movie where Valhalla (the Norse paradise)
had Asian and black guardians protecting it.

It's cheap pandering but if your younger audience is too stupid to know the difference why not?
Movies have black Roman centurions, black knights and St. George the dragonslayer is now Chinese. Queen Guinevere is black. Robin Hood has a black Littlejohn and mexican merry men. They have been trying to make Cleopatra black for years.

This is a time when all of history is being reorganized into a static present where it has always been politically correct.

Cleopatra was black. You're thinking of Elizabeth Taylor who played her in that movie. Dumb ass.
Northern African rulers were never black.

The desert kept the rabble in their own 'hoods

Let's not just pick a woman. let's make her the tiniest one there is to play a super strong man.

she is not playing a man...

thumbs-down-facebook.png

6571f0d8c3332e7862c70b0624606448

What happens when Hulk hits her in the face or lower?

It won't be republicans...it will be fans of Thor, the ones who grew up with Thor in the comics and are tired of lazy left wing writers with no talent simply taking well established products, throwing in the latest P.C. subject group into the lead role, and calling it creativity.....

Exactly. That move nearly bankrupted Marvel and the comic industry as a whole in the late 90's into the early 2000's. Taking characters fans had grown up with and changing them (into blacks, women, making them gay just for ....reasons) led to a whole group of long time fans abandoning the product. Yet these geniuses couldn't figure out why things were tanking. Once they moved the characters back to their original roots, things turned around. The movie money likely helped too. Though with Stan Lee gone now, it remains to be seen what direction Marvel/Disney goes in.
That's easy to guess. They'll go straight downhill.

Republicans/conservatives whine about the most inane things.

The right’s unwarranted fear of change, diversity, and inclusion is truly ridiculous.
shut the fuck up jones....were is your next drive-by post going to be so i can go there and tell you to shut the fuck up there too...

she is not playing a man...
The OP was misleading.

The OP was definitely misleading. Thor is not going to be played by a woman. That's like saying Superman was going to be played by a woman or Batman was going to be played by a woman. All false statement. There is Supergirl and Batgirl. So? There are plenty of superheros that are women. It's no big deal. We don't really care.

No reason for any outrage, it follows the story line found in the comics. It's not like the male Thor isn't going to be in the movie.

Natalie Portman Returns for ‘Thor: Love and Thunder’ as Female Thor

Portman hit the stage at San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday to great fanfare, standing beside returning director Taika Waititi and co-stars Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson, where she was handed a Hasbro version the hero’s famous hammer...

The development shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise for those who read the comic books. Foster’s introduced to the series as an astrophysicist who becomes the object of Thor’s affections, but in a 2014 comic-book storyline, she’s deemed worthy to wield Thor’s hammer, Mjolnir, and adopts the title of Thor, the Goddess of Thunder...

If anyone gets bent about this, they're looking for any reason whatsoever to get bent.
Point being this was not a popular storyline in the comic books. I doubt it will go over well on screen. Comic book fans hated female Thor.

No, the point is... people getting angry and bent over this are looking for something to get angry and bent over. It's entertainment.

There are bigger things in the world to worry about.
The point is also the right’s idiotic notion that ‘the media’ and ‘Hollywood’ are engaged in some sort of nefarious conspiracy to turn America against ‘male white culture.’

If people are freaking out about this...

I can't imagine if the rumors come to be true that Marvel is thinking of making Hercules gay in the Eternals movie.

Heads will pop everywhere.

To be fair, Hercules did kill his wife. It's clear he has issues with women.

Forum List

Back