Yes, this looks like the right place...

Welcome to USMB. My hands are not heavy. In fact, it's easy to live a moderation free existence here.

IMO -- anyone with an Avie that looks like Jeff Sessions is just asking for trouble. :badgrin: But that's your choice and I respect that. :biggrin:
Thanks for the welcome, Senior Lighthands.

I’m not fond of my “Jeff Sessions” avie but, as they say, a photo is worth a thousand words. So it will remain my avie until American voters come to their senses, or until our Congress Critters grow a pair and do what they know in their hearts should be done for the good of the country, whichever comes first.

Just checked out the available Smilies and from the look of them, get the feeling this must be a fairly free-wheeling place. Good news! :smile:

And what is it that you think the "congress critters" should do for the good of the country? Why don't you elaborate? I mean, this is an introduction and people should get to know something about your views. Why make such vague comments?

Time to introduce myself, I suppose. I’ve been a member of another pol forum for about a year, and I like most members and the level of interaction. But the moderation there is, I feel, too clumsy and heavy-handed. And it seems to be squashing the life out of the place. Mods can be seen in almost every thread, commenting or keeping people in line. So much so, that the forum seems to be all about the Mods, when it should be about the interaction between forum members. That's why I started checking out other forums.

After lurking here for a while, I decided this is a lively, fun place. You have a wide variety of members, attitudes, and posts: serious, funny, insulting, etc. And the Mods seem to use a light touch — that’s really important.

I’m a registered Independent, and I piss off both lefties and righties at various times. I think trump is an incompentent imbecile and an embarrassment to humanity. But I can’t stand Hillary, either. America got screwed by both parties in the last election, imo. The single thing I like about trump is his tough stance on illegal immigration.

Imo, humor, and a bit of snark add a lot to the vitality of a forum. And, reading other members’ opinions about a variety of subjects is what I enjoy most. Long, serious debates can quickly get boring as they too often fill quickly with dull, repetitive, posts.

Two people have already earned their way onto my Ignore list. One is an foul-mouthed old member who thinks he knows it all. He insulted me, first thing, and used some curse words that would earn him a fat lip on the street. The other guy was just plain hateful and dumb. I didn’t have any interaction with him, but I don’t want to read his drivel in the future. So, maybe that was my Welcoming Committee. Lol...

I hope I’ll fit in here, and look forward to getting to know you all.

Welcome to USMB. My hands are not heavy. In fact, it's easy to live a moderation free existence here.

IMO -- anyone with an Avie that looks like Jeff Sessions is just asking for trouble. :badgrin: But that's your choice and I respect that. :biggrin:

I think it is supposed to be what Trump would look like without his makeup and funny hairdo. Like any other old man apparently. Lol. ;)

That's a micro-assault --- you ageist. :banned:

How so? Without his funny hairdo and tan and makeup, he would look like any other old man. He is almost 70 after all. ;)

Just eighteen posts under my belt, and I just had my first post deleted. Is that good, or what!

Moderation is alive and well. :omg:

Just eighteen posts under my belt, and I just had my first post deleted. Is that good, or what!

PMessage me. We'll figure it out. Heck -- you're batting 97% so far. whatcha bitching about? :biggrin:

You just need "The Official Cheat Sheet"... :cool:

He's a liberal, KG. :D A FLAMING liberal who hates Donald Trump.
Please. Don't be dumb. Hating trump does not make one a liberal, flaming or otherwise.

These kinds of posts are what prompted me to put you on Ignore, on that 'other' forum.

Please. Don't be dumb. Hating trump does not make one a liberal, flaming or otherwise.

These kinds of posts are what prompted me to put you on Ignore on the 'other' forum.

So what conservative viewpoints do you hold then. I mean really, why don't you give a REAL introduction. That is what people here want to know. This is a POLITICAL forum.

Yes sometimes you get a mod orator known as Timmy. He/she doesn't like when you double-dip the chip. Just pretend you're an architect and everything will be fine.

I think it's funny that some are so threatened by me that they put me on ignore. :2up: Means I'm accomplishing my goals.
You could never make me feel 'threatened'. The reason I put you on Ignore on that other forum, is because I had responded to a long thread that I found interesting and I wanted to read the other opinions. I wasn't even familiar with you until that day.

Unfortunately, you had posted about fifty different posts, each with a moronic single sentence in it. All your posts did is clutter up and ruin the thread. You had, single-handedly, screwed up the entire flow of that thread. By putting you on Ignore, I was able to clean up the thread and get to the "good" posts. It made that, and other threads to which you posted, easier to read, and much more enjoyable.

You're doing the same thing to this thread. I guess it's just your 'style'.

I am trying to stick to the topic here. Why don't you tell us what your conservative views are? You claim you aren't a hard core leftist, right? You are one of the Russian conspiracy theory anti Trump posters is all. You don't like what I have to say? So sad but too bad. My posts are based on facts and logic. Yours are based on fearmongering and falsehoods.

I think it's funny that some are so threatened by me that they put me on ignore. :2up: Means I'm accomplishing my goals.
You could never make me feel 'threatened'. The reason I put you on Ignore on that other forum, is because I had responded to a long thread that I found interesting and I wanted to read the other opinions. I wasn't even familiar with you until that day.

Unfortunately, you had posted about fifty different posts, each with a moronic single sentence in it. All your posts did is clutter up and ruin the thread. You had, single-handedly, screwed up the entire flow of that thread. By putting you on Ignore, I was able to clean up the thread and get to the "good" posts. It made that, and other threads to which you posted, easier to read, and much more enjoyable.

You're doing the same thing to this thread. I guess it's just your 'style'.

Why don't you explain the purpose of your avi to the "nice people?" :D

Oh, thanks for the explanation. ;)

I hate my avatar. It's a photo of donald trump with his ever present grimace, and shows him bald as a cue ball. I chose it, and keep it, only to drive trump supporters nuts. Nuttier than they already are, that is. I just want them to see, over and over, that their God is as ugly on the outside as he is on the inside.

I'll keep looking for an avatar I actually like, but I'll probably keep this ugly thing until trump is impeached or resigns.

See, I'm optimistic, too.

That makes you one of the cool kids.

All the "cool kids" are dontcha know.

New Topics

Forum List

Back