Paul Sorvino was the best actor in Goodfellas, prove me wrong.

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I have seen the movie a dozen times, often in clips or because it is on TV so often so I catch a scene or two. For my money Pauls performance was the most convincing and natural. Odd because he didn't even want to do the movie.

My favourite scene in the entire movie was after Henry gets out of prison and Paulie tells him "you did what you had to do in prison" but warning him that the dealing stops now. The smack to emphasize the point was so well timed that it seemed to catch Ray off guard (those surprises always make for good scenes). The interaction between him and Ray seemed quite believable.

Anyways, IMO his performance was the best in that movie.

Prove me wrong.

Last edited:
I don't know..Joe Pesci is pretty damn good.
I found him to be the least believable to be honest. His scene where he became all serious was perhaps his best, but, overall, he just seemed off. I understand the real life person he was trying to portray but he seemed off to me. He was much better in the Irishman.

I have seen the movie a dozen times, often in clips or because it is on TV so often so I catch a scene or two. For my money Pauls performance was the most convincing and natural. Odd because he didn't even want to do the movie.

My favourite scene in the entire movie was after Henry gets out of prison and Paulie tells him "you did what you had to do in prison" but warning him that the dealing stops now. The smack to emphasize the point was so well timed and the interaction between him and Ray seemed quite believable.

Prove me wrong.
I'm not sure I want to try. He was fantastic.

My favourite scene in the entire movie was after Henry gets out of prison and Paulie tells him "you did what you had to do in prison" but warning him that the dealing stops now. The smack to emphasize the point was so well timed that it seemed to catch Ray off guard (those surprises always make for good scenes). The interaction between him and Ray seemed quite believable.

Prove me wrong.
prove you wrong? easy. can you spell

d e n i r o

he was right about the garlic....I don't like garlic that much but slicing it super thin makes a little go a long way.
i like garlic, and i do it that way with a box cutter. the old lady uses a press.

Prove me wrong.
I think the best one was the guy who said "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."

he was right about the garlic....I don't like garlic that much but slicing it super thin makes a little go a long way.
I recall him saying they did that scene ad lib. It seemed like it too.

I believe he wrote his own cookbooks at one time. His advice was great and I incorporate it whenever I make pasta.

Prove me wrong.

Probably agree with you. Him and Lorraine Bracco were amazing. This was also DeNiro's last good movie.

prove you wrong? easy. can you spell

d e n i r o
Deniros best scene was when Tommy confronts Billy Batts IMO.

When Deniro tries to diplomatically say "na, well...you were a little but out of order" and Batts just takes his stance in disagreement and Deniro just smiles at him in a way that you knew something was going to happen at some point. It felt authentic. In most movies, authenticity draws me in.

Forum List

Back