Yes, this looks like the right place...

monkrules

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2017
Time to introduce myself, I suppose. I’ve been a member of another pol forum for about a year, and I like most members and the level of interaction. But the moderation there is, I feel, too clumsy and heavy-handed. And it seems to be squashing the life out of the place. Mods can be seen in almost every thread, commenting or keeping people in line. So much so, that the forum seems to be all about the Mods, when it should be about the interaction between forum members. That's why I started checking out other forums.

After lurking here for a while, I decided this is a lively, fun place. You have a wide variety of members, attitudes, and posts: serious, funny, insulting, etc. And the Mods seem to use a light touch — that’s really important.

I’m a registered Independent, and I piss off both lefties and righties at various times. I think trump is an incompentent imbecile and an embarrassment to humanity. But I can’t stand Hillary, either. America got screwed by both parties in the last election, imo. The single thing I like about trump is his tough stance on illegal immigration.

Imo, humor, and a bit of snark add a lot to the vitality of a forum. And, reading other members’ opinions about a variety of subjects is what I enjoy most. Long, serious debates can quickly get boring as they too often fill quickly with dull, repetitive, posts.

Two people have already earned their way onto my Ignore list. One is an foul-mouthed old member who thinks he knows it all. He insulted me, first thing, and used some curse words that would earn him a fat lip on the street. The other guy was just plain hateful and dumb. I didn’t have any interaction with him, but I don’t want to read his drivel in the future. So, maybe that was my Welcoming Committee. Lol...

I hope I’ll fit in here, and look forward to getting to know you all.

Moderators can be pretty heavy handed here as well. We aren't even allowed to use the c or n-word upstairs. How the hell am I supposed to comment on a topic if I can't use those words?

Time to introduce myself, I suppose. I’ve been a member of another pol forum for about a year, and I like most members and the level of interaction. But the moderation there is, I feel, too clumsy and heavy-handed. And it seems to be squashing the life out of the place. Mods can be seen in almost every thread, commenting or keeping people in line. So much so, that the forum seems to be all about the Mods, when it should be about the interaction between forum members. That's why I started checking out other forums.

After lurking here for a while, I decided this is a lively, fun place. You have a wide variety of members, attitudes, and posts: serious, funny, insulting, etc. And the Mods seem to use a light touch — that’s really important.

I’m a registered Independent, and I piss off both lefties and righties at various times. I think trump is an incompentent imbecile and an embarrassment to humanity. But I can’t stand Hillary, either. America got screwed by both parties in the last election, imo. The single thing I like about trump is his tough stance on illegal immigration.

Imo, humor, and a bit of snark add a lot to the vitality of a forum. And, reading other members’ opinions about a variety of subjects is what I enjoy most. Long, serious debates can quickly get boring as they too often fill quickly with dull, repetitive, posts.

Two people have already earned their way onto my Ignore list. One is an foul-mouthed old member who thinks he knows it all. He insulted me, first thing, and used some curse words that would earn him a fat lip on the street. The other guy was just plain hateful and dumb. I didn’t have any interaction with him, but I don’t want to read his drivel in the future. So, maybe that was my Welcoming Committee. Lol...

Welcome to a place where most of the mods don't interfere, except one who is a moron. However all that happens is that every thread descends into pointlessness.

Ignore feature is for thin skinned pussies. You'll make many friends here. Welcome aboard.

Ignore feature is for thin skinned pussies. You'll make many friends here. Welcome aboard.

No, the ignore feature is for people who don't come on here to pretend they're still in High School.

Welcome!

Rules here:

Rules for Politics: A Reminder

You must see the mascot:

3.jpg

Falena and the other forum that's so restrictive can suck it!

USMB! :rock:

Thanks for the words of welcome everyone.

To answer a couple of the posts:

A) I did read the rules (hope I can remember them).
B) I love the Ignore feature. Nothing cleans up a board faster. Only a masochist would tolerate ignorant, hateful AHs.
C) Looking forward to the Mods completely ignoring me...
D) Hope I never have need of armor or weapons while 'enjoying' the board. Lol.

Great! Finally I won't be the only one here being reviled from both sides, typically at the same time........ Oh and I'm not an ass hole (except to some) but I am a prick working to become an entire cactus patch.......... :eusa_whistle:
Welcome to the insane asylum!!

I'm sure I recognize your name and your avatar from another forum. Welcome and good luck.

Welcome to USMB. My hands are not heavy. In fact, it's easy to live a moderation free existence here.

IMO -- anyone with an Avie that looks like Jeff Sessions is just asking for trouble. :badgrin: But that's your choice and I respect that. :biggrin:

Welcome to USMB. My hands are not heavy. In fact, it's easy to live a moderation free existence here.

IMO -- anyone with an Avie that looks like Jeff Sessions is just asking for trouble. :badgrin: But that's your choice and I respect that. :biggrin:
Thanks for the welcome, Senior Lighthands.

I’m not fond of my “Jeff Sessions” avie but, as they say, a photo is worth a thousand words. So it will remain my avie until American voters come to their senses, or until our Congress Critters grow a pair and do what they know in their hearts should be done for the good of the country, whichever comes first.

Just checked out the available Smilies and from the look of them, get the feeling this must be a fairly free-wheeling place. Good news! :smile:

I’m not fond of my “Jeff Sessions” avie but, as they say, a photo is worth a thousand words. So it will remain my avie until American voters come to their senses, or until our Congress Critters grow a pair and do what they know in their hearts should be done for the good of the country, whichever comes first.

Just checked out the available Smilies and from the look of them, get the feeling this must be a fairly free-wheeling place. Good news! :smile:

Oh yes, now I remember who you are. The poster who uses an avatar that he hates but he uses it anyways because he is under some mistaken impression that it annoys others. Lol. :rolleyes:

I think it is supposed to be what Trump would look like without his makeup and funny hairdo. Like any other old man apparently. Lol. ;)

Oh yes, now I remember who you are. The poster who uses an avatar that he hates but he uses it anyways because he is under some mistaken impression that it annoys others. Lol. :rolleyes:

Kinda like the mug shot for a mad Jeff Sessions the day after he punches out the Trumpster.

Let's just hope MonkRules is that attractive. We have our standards here.. :rofl:

I think it is supposed to be what Trump would look like without his makeup and funny hairdo. Like any other old man apparently. Lol. ;)

That's a micro-assault --- you ageist. :banned:

I'm not fond of your "Jeff Sessions" avie either. :dunno:

Welcome anyway.

New Topics

Forum List

Back