WTF, This is what we believe?

Cecilie1200, you do not know the story.

I noticed that a book study made by Fawn McKay Brodie, the UCLA historian, whose research in the plantation records reveal only one Jefferson (Thomas) male at the plantation nine months prior to the birth of each of the five children, was left out of the PBS study below.

A great review of the major discussions and points from the beginning to 2000 can be found at frontline: jefferson's blood: the history of a story | PBS

PBS? You're quoting fucking PBS at me? Shut the fuck up.

Background DNA Study Thomas Jefferson – Sally Hemings

Tell me again how I "don't know the story", dumbfuck.

This is super. As my family is related to Thomas Jefferson, it is a good thing to know that what we believed is probably untrue. Sorry for all those who believed they were related to Jefferson and aren't. Jefferson is the maternal cousin of John Marshall, Who is the Brother of my Great Great great Grandfather.

I noticed that a book study made by Fawn McKay Brodie, the UCLA historian, whose research in the plantation records reveal only one Jefferson (Thomas) male at the plantation nine months prior to the birth of each of the five children, was left out of the PBS study below.

A great review of the major discussions and points from the beginning to 2000 can be found at frontline: jefferson's blood: the history of a story | PBS

You don't know the story, and your comments have revealed just how silly you are. The fact that you rely on a hack like Barger, a hired gun to twist the evidence, proves it. I wonder why you are being the hack yourself.

Most reputable historians accept that TJ is the father of at least one of the children.

The larger portion of the Jefferson descendants' groups accept that the Hemings descendants are their relatives through TJ.

Please don't write until you have your facts, right, because you will just continue to look stupid, as you did above.

Last edited:

This is super. As my family is related to Thomas Jefferson, it is a good thing to know that what we believed is probably untrue. Sorry for all those who believed they were related to Jefferson and aren't. Jefferson is the maternal cousin of John Marshall, Who is the Brother of my Great Great great Grandfather.

Don't pay attention to, CC, Ollie. She has only a part of the story, the minor portion of it, and she is flatly wrong. Do all the research, and you will see that it is so.

John Marshall is one of my heroes by the way, a great economic nationalist and the force behind the doctrine of judicial review.

Don't pay attention to, CC, Ollie. She has only a part of the story, the minor portion of it, and she is flatly wrong. Do all the research, and you will see that it is so.

John Marshall is one of my heroes by the way, a great economic nationalist and the force behind the doctrine of judicial review.

Fact is Jake, that Cecilie"s article spelled out more fact than yours and proved that Thomas Jefferson could only have been one of possibly eight people to father one child from Sally Hemings, and it goes on to show that there is a very good chance that it was his brother and not him who fathered that child. I think I like the results of investigation she shows a lot more than what has generally been believed. Your article mentions the DNA testing as proof positive and it is not.

No, it did not, Ollie. I know both sites and I know the evidence backwards and forwards. What you are missing is the DNA evidence indicates he is the father of at least one and possibly all five. Throw in the research in the farm records that reveal only TJ was available at the farm the nine months before each of the births, and it is an almost slam dunk case. That is why CC is looking so silly. Most reputable historians now accept that TJ and SH were a major thing with several children the result.

No, it did not, Ollie. I know both sites and I know the evidence backwards and forwards. What you are missing is the DNA evidence indicates he is the father of at least one and possibly all five. Throw in the research in the farm records that reveal only TJ was available at the farm the nine months before each of the births, and it is an almost slam dunk case. That is why CC is looking so silly. Most reputable historians now accept that TJ and SH were a major thing with several children the result.

Seems to me that Herbert Barger told more of the truth along those lines. Jefferson was actually ruled out by DNA evidence on all except the last of Sally's children. And all the DNA could prove was that a Jefferson was the father. His research also showed that Randolph Jefferson was at Monticello 9 months prior to the birth and 6 days after the birth.

Seems to me that Herbert Barger told more of the truth along those lines. Jefferson was actually ruled out by DNA evidence on all except the last of Sally's children. And all the DNA could prove was that a Jefferson was the father. His research also showed that Randolph Jefferson was at Monticello 9 months prior to the birth and 6 days after the birth.

You don't have all the material, Ollie, but believe as you will. I wish you the best today.

Well, let's review the evidence and see who looks silly, shall we, dumbfuck?

On February 24, 2003, The Thomas Jefferson (Memorial) Foundation revised their statement regarding the children of Sally Hemings:

Although the relationship between Jefferson and Sally Hemings has been for many years, and will surely continue to be, a subject of intense interest to historians and the public, the evidence is not definitive, and the complete story may never be known. The Foundation encourages our visitors and patrons, based on what evidence does exist, to make up their own minds as to the true nature of the relationship.

Huh. "Most reputable historians", you say, and yet the Thomas Jefferson (Memorial) Foundation condradicts you. Yeah, it really looks like you know the evidence backward and forward . . . excepting that.

Now, let's investigate this statement of yours, Mr. "I-know-the-evidence-backward-and-forward":

What you are missing is the DNA evidence indicates he is the father of at least one and possibly all five.

From Monticello.org:

The DNA study found no link between the descendants of Field Jefferson and Thomas C. Woodson (1790-1879), whose family members have long held that he was the first son of Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings.

Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings

So no, DNA evidence does NOT, in any way, indicate that he is the father of "possibly all five". In fact, it conclusively states that he was NOT the father of at least one. Who looks silly, dumbfuck? Or would you like to tell us you know more about what the DNA study says than they do?

By the way, just as an aside, Sally Hemings had more than five children.

I've already linked to MY evidence that, in fact, other Jefferson males WERE available at Monticello at the times of conception for her children. Please link us now to the evidence for YOUR claim that ONLY Thomas Jefferson was there, because I KNOW you don't think anyone's going to take YOUR word for it, dumbfuck.

Throw in the research in the farm records that reveal only TJ was available at the farm the nine months before each of the births,

Your words. Now let's see your proof.

Your research is outdated, and the questions indicate a void. Yes, I will fill them, but not tonight. I can get to it this weekend. This is a great subject, with much misinformation out there.

Forum List

Back