WTF is wrong with a civil union?

It's how gay men tilt their head from side to side which gives them this super special power. :eusa_whistle:

Oh, so how would Marines react to YOU pushing for Bill and Bob moving into on base housing as a couple????

I'm sure E-3 Mike and his young wife would really love the gay parties in the backyard next door while their kids play seeing it. Men in short shorts, etc.....:cuckoo:

WHat I put in bold is crap...and you are generalizing based on a stereotype that has never been proven to be true.

It is like saying that gay men are better than straiught men at color coordinating.

I am pro gay marriage....but I think you are full of shit.

Hey, sorry that you don't believe it, but that's what the data showed.

And...........fwiw............gay men ARE better than straight men at color coordinating. Matter of fact, one of the guys that got me from dressing like a backwoods redneck to dressing in a manner that would attract the ladies was a gay shipmate. Additionally, whenever we went on liberty, the chicks would flock to him and he'd direct them my way.

And yeah..........gays DO pay better attention to detail. Wanna know why? Simple actually, because they knew their sexuality would result in them being ostracized, so they take steps to make sure they can keep their sexuality secret, while being able to spot others who are sexually inclined like them.

What do you think "gaydar" is all about?

So you are saying that gay men are diferent than straight men?

If not, then why do are gay men better at color coordinating?

You are showing your bias...I hate to say it...but hell....you are stereotyping....

Being able to color coordinate has NOTHING to do with sexual orientation.

32 States have defined within thier Constitutions or similiar actions as to what will be recognized under law in thier States pursuant to the 10th Amendment.

WHY so many here wish to usurp that Amendment and give it to the FED?

:eusa_whistle:

IOWs less than those who wanted to avoid the 14th Amendment and institutionalize racism. Yeah, you'll get your homophobe amendment passed. You really are a lightweight.

Everybody DOES get a civil union now. No one has to get married by clergy. Once an approprate person (including an employee of the County Recorder's office) signs the marriage certificate the marriage is a done deal. No one need go any further than that. If the appropriate person you desire to sign the marriage certificate is a clergyman, you get a wedding in a church. This whole "marriage" argument is simply to have some basis on which to force churches to perform same sex marriage rites. Actually none are necessary. If gays have some gripe with federal laws and benefits they feel they are entitled to as spouses, change the law. Don't change the marriage.

I dont give a rats ass about gay marriage, Fuck you very much. That is all.

Marriage has ALWAYS been defined as between a man and a woman. It is centuries of tradition. A civil union can be created to give all the same perks as traditional marriage so what's the big fucking deal? Is this just a ploy to diminish the traditional values of most Americans or just a political weapon to divide the people? Cause it sure seems so since there is an alternative that achieves the same goal, civil union legislation.

I mean this is considered an "alternative" lifestyle so why the push for a traditional label that has long been honored by everyone?

Many of you claim some of us are against equal treatment but you're wrong. You can have equal treatment but you don't need to trash traditional values to achieve it.

So, I assume that you're opposed to North Carolina's constitutional amendment banning gay marriage, because it also bans civil unions.

North Carolina overwhelmingly voted Tuesday in favor of a state constitutional amendment defining marriage between one man and one woman as the only legal union recognized by the state.

The vote makes North Carolina the 30th state to adopt a ban on gay marriage. While North Carolina law already bans same-sex marriage, the amendment means civil unions and potentially other types of domestic partnerships will no longer be recognized legally by the state.

Read more: Amendment One: North Carolina gay marriage ban passes - Juana Summers - POLITICO.com

Oh gawd, So now Obama was scarred that the gays would vote for Romney so he had to say he supported gay marriage? Where in the world does that make sense?

Obama took a stance that could hurt him more than help him. The gays are already with him. He faces alienating the independents that may disagree with his opinion.

Let's keep the debate honest for once shall we. I never mentioned Romney or votes. I spoke to money. It is well known that several organized groups were refusing to donate to his superpac UNLESS he took a stand publicly

My bullshit alarm just went off. It happens whenever someone says "it is well known" or "it's common knowledge" without providing a link.

Can you provide a link? Please dont respond with why you cant give me a link...a link is fine

WashingtonPost

32 States have defined within thier Constitutions or similiar actions as to what will be recognized under law in thier States pursuant to the 10th Amendment.

WHY so many here wish to usurp that Amendment and give it to the FED?

:eusa_whistle:

IOWs less than those who wanted to avoid the 14th Amendment and institutionalize racism. Yeah, you'll get your homophobe amendment passed. You really are a lightweight.
14th does NOT usurp the 9th or the 10th junior.

TRY again.

Marriage has ALWAYS been defined as between a man and a woman. It is centuries of tradition. A civil union can be created to give all the same perks as traditional marriage so what's the big fucking deal? Is this just a ploy to diminish the traditional values of most Americans or just a political weapon to divide the people? Cause it sure seems so since there is an alternative that achieves the same goal, civil union legislation.

I mean this is considered an "alternative" lifestyle so why the push for a traditional label that has long been honored by everyone?

Many of you claim some of us are against equal treatment but you're wrong. You can have equal treatment but you don't need to trash traditional values to achieve it.

So, I assume that you're opposed to North Carolina's constitutional amendment banning gay marriage, because it also bans civil unions.

North Carolina overwhelmingly voted Tuesday in favor of a state constitutional amendment defining marriage between one man and one woman as the only legal union recognized by the state.

The vote makes North Carolina the 30th state to adopt a ban on gay marriage. While North Carolina law already bans same-sex marriage, the amendment means civil unions and potentially other types of domestic partnerships will no longer be recognized legally by the state.

Read more: Amendment One: North Carolina gay marriage ban passes - Juana Summers - POLITICO.com

You can ASS ume anything you like. I've made it clear I support civil unions.

Let's keep the debate honest for once shall we. I never mentioned Romney or votes. I spoke to money. It is well known that several organized groups were refusing to donate to his superpac UNLESS he took a stand publicly

My bullshit alarm just went off. It happens whenever someone says "it is well known" or "it's common knowledge" without providing a link.

Can you provide a link? Please dont respond with why you cant give me a link...a link is fine

WashingtonPost

Why would anyone doubt that The Obama would modify His views based on how much campaign/PAC money He could raise?

You can ASS ume anything you like. I've made it clear I support civil unions.

So, you oppose NC's amendment banning gay marriage. Got it.

Was yesterday 'Gaymancipation Day' By proclimation of Obama?

LINCOLN_OBAMA.jpg

WHat I put in bold is crap...and you are generalizing based on a stereotype that has never been proven to be true.

It is like saying that gay men are better than straiught men at color coordinating.

I am pro gay marriage....but I think you are full of shit.

And...........fwiw............gay men ARE better than straight men at color coordinating. Matter of fact, one of the guys that got me from dressing like a backwoods redneck to dressing in a manner that would attract the ladies was a gay shipmate. Additionally, whenever we went on liberty, the chicks would flock to him and he'd direct them my way.

And yeah..........gays DO pay better attention to detail. Wanna know why? Simple actually, because they knew their sexuality would result in them being ostracized, so they take steps to make sure they can keep their sexuality secret, while being able to spot others who are sexually inclined like them.

You are showing your bias...I hate to say it...but hell....you are stereotyping....

Yes, I am saying that gays and lesbians are different than their straight counterparts, as Swedish scientists have proven that the brains of gays is STRUCTURALLY DIFFERENT than the brains of straights.

What makes people gay? Biologists may never get a complete answer to that question, but researchers in Sweden have found one more sign that the answer lies in the structure of the brain.

Scientists at the Karolinska Institute studied brain scans of 90 gay and straight men and women, and found that the size of the two symmetrical halves of the brains of gay men more closely resembled those of straight women than they did straight men. In heterosexual women, the two halves of the brain are more or less the same size. In heterosexual men, the right hemisphere is slightly larger. Scans of the brains of gay men in the study, however, showed that their hemispheres were relatively symmetrical, like those of straight women, while the brains of homosexual women were asymmetrical like those of straight men. The number of nerves connecting the two sides of the brains of gay men were also more like the number in heterosexual women than in straight men.

Just what these brain differences mean is still not clear. Ever since 1991, when Simon LeVay first documented differences in the hypothalamus of gay and straight men, researchers have been struggling to understand what causes these differences to occur. Until now, the brain regions that scientists have come to believe play a role in sexual orientation have been related to either reproduction or sexuality. The Swedish study, however, is the first to find differences in parts of the brain not normally involved in reproduction — the denser network of nerve connections, for example, was found in the amygdala, known as the emotional center of the brain. "The big question has always been, if the brains of gay men are different, or feminized, as earlier research suggests," says Dr. Eric Vilain, professor of human genetics at University of California Los Angeles, "then is it just limited to sexual preference or are there other regions that are gender atypical in gay males? For the first time, in this study it looks like there are regions of the brain not directly involved in sexuality that seem to be feminized in gay males."

Read more: What the Gay Brain Looks Like - TIME

And yeah............color coordination has a great deal to do with how your brain operates, because otherwise you'd end up with colors that didn't match or go together.

It's how gay men tilt their head from side to side which gives them this super special power. :eusa_whistle:

Oh, so how would Marines react to YOU pushing for Bill and Bob moving into on base housing as a couple????

I'm sure E-3 Mike and his young wife would really love the gay parties in the backyard next door while their kids play seeing it. Men in short shorts, etc.....:cuckoo:

Obviously you've never been in the military, nor have you lived in base housing, otherwise you wouldn't have made such bullshit remarks.

Base housing has certain rules they have to follow, as well as have guidelines for how the appearance of your place is. If there was a loud party going on, all the E-3 would have to do is to call the base police and it would be shut down pronto.

How would I feel about it if a gay couple applied for base housing? If they were entitled to it, more power to 'em, it's sometimes a long waiting list.

Yes, I am saying that gays and lesbians are different than their straight counterparts, as Swedish scientists have proven that the brains of gays is STRUCTURALLY DIFFERENT than the brains of straights.

What makes people gay? Biologists may never get a complete answer to that question, but researchers in Sweden have found one more sign that the answer lies in the structure of the brain.

Scientists at the Karolinska Institute studied brain scans of 90 gay and straight men and women, and found that the size of the two symmetrical halves of the brains of gay men more closely resembled those of straight women than they did straight men. In heterosexual women, the two halves of the brain are more or less the same size. In heterosexual men, the right hemisphere is slightly larger. Scans of the brains of gay men in the study, however, showed that their hemispheres were relatively symmetrical, like those of straight women, while the brains of homosexual women were asymmetrical like those of straight men. The number of nerves connecting the two sides of the brains of gay men were also more like the number in heterosexual women than in straight men.

Just what these brain differences mean is still not clear. Ever since 1991, when Simon LeVay first documented differences in the hypothalamus of gay and straight men, researchers have been struggling to understand what causes these differences to occur. Until now, the brain regions that scientists have come to believe play a role in sexual orientation have been related to either reproduction or sexuality. The Swedish study, however, is the first to find differences in parts of the brain not normally involved in reproduction — the denser network of nerve connections, for example, was found in the amygdala, known as the emotional center of the brain. "The big question has always been, if the brains of gay men are different, or feminized, as earlier research suggests," says Dr. Eric Vilain, professor of human genetics at University of California Los Angeles, "then is it just limited to sexual preference or are there other regions that are gender atypical in gay males? For the first time, in this study it looks like there are regions of the brain not directly involved in sexuality that seem to be feminized in gay males."

Read more: What the Gay Brain Looks Like - TIME

And yeah............color coordination has a great deal to do with how your brain operates, because otherwise you'd end up with colors that didn't match or go together.

So in other words, you see gay men as different than heterosexual men..not only in their sexual prefernces, but in the way other aspects of their brains operate that has nothing to do with attraction, romance, allegience or sex.

I find that position disturbing.

Obviously you've never been in the military, nor have you lived in base housing, otherwise you wouldn't have made such bullshit remarks.

Base housing has certain rules they have to follow, as well as have guidelines for how the appearance of your place is. If there was a loud party going on, all the E-3 would have to do is to call the base police and it would be shut down pronto.

How would I feel about it if a gay couple applied for base housing? If they were entitled to it, more power to 'em, it's sometimes a long waiting list.

Do as I do. Ignore him. I have already proven him to be faux military....and I have lost interest in him. He is likely a child of no more than 17...maybe younger.

No, I said that the scientists have proven this.

But then again, people like you thought at one time that sickness was caused by vapors and demons instead of bacteria and viruses.

Do as I do. Ignore him. I have already proven him to be faux military....and I have lost interest in him. He is likely a child of no more than 17...maybe younger.

If I'm "faux military" why do I have a retirement certificated signed by Jr., as well as a DD Form 2N (Blue), as well as receive 1,300/mo from the government?

Think what you want, your opinion matters nothing to me.

They can form their own legal contracts on such matters. It isn't the perogative of the state to dictate social matters of this kind. it is their role to enforce a contract and protect the participants from contract fraud.

Unless you think people are so fucking useless they need to be led by the hand in order to maintain such matters. i do not. But I dont hate people like statists do.

So gay folks have to hire a lawyer to define a contract, and straights can save those fees and use state law? Yeah, that's equal protection.

I'm not seeing how you got that from his post.

EVERYONE can form their own legal contracts, gay or straight.

I think what he meant is that homosexuals have to pay attorneys to draw up a contract (which can be quite expensive) while straights simply need to see a justice of the peace.

I hate to say it, but I understand where he is coming from in that point. He's right.

Immie

So gay folks have to hire a lawyer to define a contract, and straights can save those fees and use state law? Yeah, that's equal protection.

I'm not seeing how you got that from his post.

EVERYONE can form their own legal contracts, gay or straight.

I think what he meant is that homosexuals have to pay attorneys to draw up a contract (which can be quite expensive) while straights simply need to see a justice of the peace.

I hate to say it, but I understand where he is coming from in that point. He's right.

Immie

And no states/businesses seem obligated to recognise such contracts....case in point:

The case of Lisa Marie Pond. Look it up.

If you didnt see it as "trashing values" there wouldnt be a problem. Would it?

Nope I wouldn't. People can do whatever they want in this great country. Including gays. What you can't do IS REDEFINE AND FORCE that redefined definition on someone who has lived their entire life believing something else.
"Forced acceptance" .

Nobody is forcing you to accept shit. You can still be the backwards idiot you choose to be. Gays would be recognized by the state and all of the same rights.

Forum List

Back