Wtf is up with liberal relatives insulting and bashing conservative relatives?

Dead is dead little friend. Don't have sympathy for them, they couldn't give a damn. And there is no afterlife that anyone knows of. That is the fantasy of children and childish adults believing that death. meaning oblivion, can be overcome. Nothing could be further from the truth.

How very pompous of you.
Honest you mean. You were granted one life, stop treating as if it doesn't matter and asking for eternity instead.

What you do in this life matters very much, for you are judged by what you do here on Earth.
You don't ask for eternity, you are guaranteed it by believing in God.
You think you know better and think you are correct, when you don't even understand the basics of Christianity.
There is no judge beyond the judgement of mankind while you wander the earth. Your One True Faith is as much a lie as all the faiths that came before it.

You will find out that it is true one day.
I pray that you accept the lord before you die, it not you will find out that it is true after you die.
Jesus is coming back, no matter who believes or does not believe.
And you guys still wonder why so many hate the Christians. Cocky little bastards, without a leg to stand on.

How very pompous of you.
Honest you mean. You were granted one life, stop treating as if it doesn't matter and asking for eternity instead.

What you do in this life matters very much, for you are judged by what you do here on Earth.
You think you know better and think you are correct, when you don't even understand the basics of Christianity.
There is no judge beyond the judgement of mankind while you wander the earth. Your One True Faith is as much a lie as all the faiths that came before it.

I pray that you accept the lord before you die, it not you will find out that it is true after you die.
And you guys still wonder why so many hate the Christians. Cocky little bastards, without a leg to stand on.

Wanting your soul saved and living with God is having mercy for you not cockiness.
The Bible tells us that people like you with that same attitude are the ones who vilify, persecute and will kill Christians in the future.

Wanting your soul saved and living with God is having mercy for you not cockiness.
The Bible tells us that people like you with that same attitude are the ones who vilify, persecute and will kill Christians in the future.
Here's how it works, the Bible says you'll know it to be true because others will reject it, so you make you pitch and someone like me says that's utter bullshit and then you scream Praise The Lord, see, it's true. Nice eh? Works like a charm. The problem is, it's self-fulfilling.

The people who made up the faith knew others more rational would reject it, and every time we do your faith grows. It's a feedback loop. A classic way to keep the faithful in line, just like keeping them away from unbelievers and avoiding critical thinking. The Bible even says come to Jesus as a child would, trusting in what can't be proven. Faith cannot stand up to reason so it pats you on the back for not using it. Christianity praises faith, not thinking or rationality. And all the while you get to feel smug because you are saved and will live forever in a paradise while everyone else goes to Eternal Hell. All other faiths that seek converts have the same kind of messages, believe or be lost but those with the faith never question who is lost and who can see the forest for the trees.

Last edited:
How very pompous of you.

Read your responses and then tell us how they are any different...

Liberals always seem to need a boogey man, even if their own relatives.

Seems like you're in need of one yourself, and are willing to cast your own family in the role. Here's an idea: Instead of using your family to represent the political boogeyman you wish existed, maybe just accept the fact that your family sucks.

Merry Christmas, BTW.

Because I am not basing my arguments upon faith, the faith that I happened to be raised in. I did my homework and that's why I rejected their faith. I've been in their churches while they have been in those of no other faith since they just happened to have been raised in the One True Faith. How very convenient for them eh? Very...

Because I am not basing my arguments upon faith, the faith that I happened to be raised in. I did my homework and that's why I rejected their faith. I've been in their churches while they have been in those of no other faith since they just happened to have been raised in the One True Faith. How very convenient for them eh? Very...

Who cares. Your "arguments" are every bit as annoying and self indulgent and every bit as full of poo. You are no different from any of the faithful who post here. In fact, based on many of your posts I would say you are a particularly venal individual who offers nothing positive for the human race.

Who cares. Your "arguments" are every bit as annoying and self indulgent and every bit as full of poo. You are no different from any of the faithful who post here. In fact, based on many of your posts I would say you are a particularly venal individual who offers nothing positive for the human race.
You asked and I told you. Next time don't ask.

And humanity is a disease. The only thing I truly have to offer it is a one-way ticket to extinction, which can't happen soon enough. A large part of why I feel that way is because of people like you. We tell you the truth and you scream bullshit because your mind is closed, entirely.

Here's how it works, the Bible says you'll know it to be true because others will reject it, so you make you pitch and someone like me says that's utter bullshit and then you scream Praise The Lord, see, it's true. Nice eh? Works like a charm. The problem is, it's self-fulfilling.

The people who made up the faith knew others more rational would reject it, and every time we do your faith grows. It's a feedback loop. A classic way to keep the faithful in line, just like keeping them away from unbelievers and avoiding critical thinking. The Bible even says come to Jesus as a child would, trusting it what can't be proven. Faith cannot stand up to reason so it pats you on the back for not using it. Christianity praises faith, not thinking or rationality. And all the while you get to feel smug because you are saved and will live forever in a paradise while everyone else goes to Eternal Hell. All other faiths that seek converts have the same kind of messages, believe or be lost but those with the faith never question who is lost and who can see the forest for the trees.

That is not even close to the actual truth.
You know it to be true when you accept God and receive the holy sprit, not because people reject it.
Praise the Lord? The only ones I have seen that says that is TV Preachers who are not walking in the ways of Godly works.
I believed because I did very critical thinking and doing research
Smug? God says he will wipe our tears from our eyes because of ones who are not saved.
Non believers will not live in eternal hell forever, your soul will not live forever.
We all had very hard questions before we became believers. You don't become a believer in Christ with just blind unthinking faith alone.

You asked and I told you. Next time don't ask.

And humanity is a disease. The only thing I truly have to offer it is a one-way ticket to extinction, which can't happen soon enough. A large part of why I feel that way is because of people like you. We tell you the truth and you scream bullshit because your mind is closed, entirely.

But you are not telling the truth, based just on what you are saying about Christians. None of what you are saying is true about Christians.
You are the one who has a closed mind and a closed soul.

I've got the opposite problem, my conservative relatives sit around and discuss conservative politics saying all the things conservatives say about liberals (communist, out to destroy America, lazy good-for-nothings looking for a handout) when I am right there in the room. They totally lack tact, tease me for my politics and attack my retorts to their comments as if I have blasphemed against God and dishonored the family. I do not go home all that often.

Families are actually combinations of families. Each bringing their experiences and beliefs to the table. Some came from dirt poverty of the Depression and cling to the Democrats as salvation through FDR. Others benefited from the conservative 1950s achieving middle class status and see free markets and limited government as the best. I think that is why each side makes sense to someone. No one seems to accept the middle as a good place to be, so they press for more of whatever they champion. Being the minority in a family is often tough.

Every time my family tries to pull me into a political discussion I usually find an excuse to extract myself from the room. I discuss enough politics and at holiday gatherings I am more interested in catching up, over eating, and playing Christmas carols on the piano.

You don't become a believer in Christ with just blind unthinking faith alone.
Oh but you do, almost without exception. Those who truly know know Christianity could never believe in it, at least not the way that you do. It would be impossible. You have faith because you were raised within the faith. That is true almost without exception, and for all other faiths as well. Once you accept the simple answers to the questions that have none, you go off to fight wars, plow the fields, and make babies, just exactly what the powers that be need you to do...

This morning I overheard two of my liberal family members.

"They don't even make 100k a year, and they think they are well off, haha. That's why the vote Republican, because they think they're well off."

When I hang out with my other relatives (conservatives) they (at most) will say this about the liberal pocket in family (AT MOST): "I wish they could see past the smoke and mirrors."

Really that's the worst thing my conservative relatives ever said.

Actually, neither one of these sounds particularly bad. They both make the assumption that the person who thinks that way is being "fooled".

I hactually had to intevene this Christmas morning and say:

"Listen I'm not well off, and I'm conservative. We don't vote for rewards and handouts, we vote for principle."

But here's the problem with that kind of thinking. Yes, it's easy to dislike the poor woman on Food Stamps. It's a bit harder to dislike her because the company she works for doesn't pay her enough to put food on the table, but that same company will claim billions in tax deductions and easements because they are a job creator.
Not to worry. That company moved overseas where the labor and tax rates aren't as high and now the poor woman is even poorer, with no job at all.

Oh but you do, almost without exception. Those who truly know know Christianity could never believe in it, at least not the way that you do. It would be impossible. You have faith because you were raised within the faith. That is true almost without exception, and for all other faiths as well. Once you accept the simple answers to the questions that have none, you go off to fight wars, plow the fields, and make babies, just exactly what the powers that be need you to do...
Atheists do all those things as well.

No really. Although my most immediate 8 family members are liberal (stemming from my grandmother), the other 46 family members at Christmas Eve are all conservatives.

This morning I overheard two of my liberal family members.

"They don't even make 100k a year, and they think they are well off, haha. That's why the vote Republican, because they think they're well off."

When I hang out with my other relatives (conservatives) they (at most) will say this about the liberal pocket in family (AT MOST): "I wish they could see past the smoke and mirrors."

Really that's the worst thing my conservative relatives ever said.

Liberals always seem to need a boogey man, even if their own relatives.

I hactually had to intevene this Christmas morning and say:

"Listen I'm not well off, and I'm conservative. We don't vote for rewards and handouts, we vote for principle."

My extended family (husbands side) were mostly liberal. They never seemed to miss a chance to say something in front of me about Jesus in an attempt to offend me - which all stemmed from their being liberal Marxists - very educated people mind you - I pretended to not hear them and treated them with respect. All of them have died of cancer in the past several years and only two are left. They died young too. I couldn't get over how quickly they were gone. One still contacts us occasionally and the other person doesn't contact us at all. If you think about how miserable they are it will cause you to feel more empathy for them. After all, what have they got to look forward to after this life is over? Hell? You know it is so true - the Word says, What will it profit a man to gain the whole world only to lose his own soul. Life is so fleeting. They just do not understand how much so until it is too late.
Dead is dead little friend. Don't have sympathy for them, they couldn't give a damn. And there is no afterlife that anyone knows of. That is the fantasy of children and childish adults believing that death. meaning oblivion, can be overcome. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Actually, the belief that there is no afterlife is quite common among the lower intelligent species of our planet. After all, any forest creature will never look to an after life. They lack that higher brain function to imagine. The same with most of the primates. Though many of them can and do mimic humans, and some are quite bright, they lack that higher form of cognitive ability to imagine a source of creations.

It seems some humans have also failed to fully evolve and exhibit those same traits.

Atheists do all those things as well.
Atheists, like Theists, are morons.

Forum List

Back