Wtf is up with liberal relatives insulting and bashing conservative relatives?

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
No really. Although my most immediate 8 family members are liberal (stemming from my grandmother), the other 46 family members at Christmas Eve are all conservatives.

This morning I overheard two of my liberal family members.

"They don't even make 100k a year, and they think they are well off, haha. That's why the vote Republican, because they think they're well off."

When I hang out with my other relatives (conservatives) they (at most) will say this about the liberal pocket in family (AT MOST): "I wish they could see past the smoke and mirrors."

Really that's the worst thing my conservative relatives ever said.

Liberals always seem to need a boogey man, even if their own relatives.

I hactually had to intevene this Christmas morning and say:

"Listen I'm not well off, and I'm conservative. We don't vote for rewards and handouts, we vote for principle."

Insulting seems to be the mainstay of politics, most people don't seem to have the ability to say what they want to say, get frustrated then insult. Happens all the time on this board.

"They don't even make 100k a year, and they think they are well off, haha. That's why the vote Republican, because they think they're well off."

When I hang out with my other relatives (conservatives) they (at most) will say this about the liberal pocket in family (AT MOST): "I wish they could see past the smoke and mirrors."

Actually, neither one of these sounds particularly bad. They both make the assumption that the person who thinks that way is being "fooled".

"Listen I'm not well off, and I'm conservative. We don't vote for rewards and handouts, we vote for principle."

But here's the problem with that kind of thinking. Yes, it's easy to dislike the poor woman on Food Stamps. It's a bit harder to dislike her because the company she works for doesn't pay her enough to put food on the table, but that same company will claim billions in tax deductions and easements because they are a job creator.

No really. Although my most immediate 8 family members are liberal (stemming from my grandmother), the other 46 family members at Christmas Eve are all conservatives.

They said that because you are voting against yourself and for the rich.

I've got the opposite problem, my conservative relatives sit around and discuss conservative politics saying all the things conservatives say about liberals (communist, out to destroy America, lazy good-for-nothings looking for a handout) when I am right there in the room. They totally lack tact, tease me for my politics and attack my retorts to their comments as if I have blasphemed against God and dishonored the family. I do not go home all that often.

Was it Billy Crystal who talked about how family gatherings were great - until someone asks "What do you mean by that?"

Happily, my family is mostly pretty well educated so they're liberals. Yeah, we have a few uneducated nutters but we just overlook their ignorance.

Face it - you don't get to pick your family.

The bottom line is that liberals are assholes. My older brother is a die-hard union man libturd. Whenever we would have family dinners, he would spend the entire dinner talking about politics with my mother and his wife. Of course, he has plenty of derogatory things to say about conservatives. One time I piped up and made an insulting crack about Al Franken. You wouldn't believe the silence that immediately fell upon the table. You would think I had insulted Jesus during a church service.

That's the way liberals all: one standard for them, another for the rest of us. That's why they are all rude assholes.

Was it Billy Crystal who talked about how family gatherings were great - until someone asks "What do you mean by that?"

Happily, my family is mostly pretty well educated so they're liberals. Yeah, we have a few uneducated nutters but we just overlook their ignorance.

Face it - you don't get to pick your family.

You're obviously one of those typical rude asshole liberals I mentioned in my other post.

The bottom line is that liberals are assholes. My older brother is a die-hard union man libturd. Whenever we would have family dinners, he would spend the entire dinner talking about politics with my mother and his wife. Of course, he has plenty of derogatory things to say about conservatives. One time I piped up and made an insulting crack about Al Franken. You wouldn't believe the silence that immediately fell upon the table. You would think I had insulted Jesus during a church service.

That's the way liberals all: one standard for them, another for the rest of us. That's why they are all rude assholes.

first, it's generally considered rude to talk about politics at family gatherings. Especially if you are a guest and not the host.

Second, if you come off half as belligerent and ignorant IRL as you do here, my guess is that this isn't the first time people have been mortified by you.

I've got the opposite problem, my conservative relatives sit around and discuss conservative politics saying all the things conservatives say about liberals (communist, out to destroy America, lazy good-for-nothings looking for a handout) when I am right there in the room. They totally lack tact, tease me for my politics and attack my retorts to their comments as if I have blasphemed against God and dishonored the family. I do not go home all that often.

Fox bots

Many families I know are split by liberals and conservatives quarreling in the families.

It seems most of the time it is the males being the jerks and the females trying to keep the peace.

Anyone on either side who does it is a jerk.

My extended family (husbands side) were mostly liberal. They never seemed to miss a chance to say something in front of me about Jesus in an attempt to offend me - which all stemmed from their being liberal Marxists - very educated people mind you - I pretended to not hear them and treated them with respect. All of them have died of cancer in the past several years and only two are left. They died young too. I couldn't get over how quickly they were gone. One still contacts us occasionally and the other person doesn't contact us at all. If you think about how miserable they are it will cause you to feel more empathy for them. After all, what have they got to look forward to after this life is over? Hell? You know it is so true - the Word says, What will it profit a man to gain the whole world only to lose his own soul. Life is so fleeting. They just do not understand how much so until it is too late.

My extended family (husbands side) were mostly liberal. They never seemed to miss a chance to say something in front of me about Jesus in an attempt to offend me - which all stemmed from their being liberal Marxists - very educated people mind you - I pretended to not hear them and treated them with respect. All of them have died of cancer in the past several years and only two are left. They died young too. I couldn't get over how quickly they were gone. One still contacts us occasionally and the other person doesn't contact us at all. If you think about how miserable they are it will cause you to feel more empathy for them. After all, what have they got to look forward to after this life is over? Hell? You know it is so true - the Word says, What will it profit a man to gain the whole world only to lose his own soul. Life is so fleeting. They just do not understand how much so until it is too late.
Dead is dead little friend. Don't have sympathy for them, they couldn't give a damn. And there is no afterlife that anyone knows of. That is the fantasy of children and childish adults believing that death. meaning oblivion, can be overcome. Nothing could be further from the truth.

first, it's generally considered rude to talk about politics at family gatherings. Especially if you are a guest and not the host.

Second, if you come off half as belligerent and ignorant IRL as you do here, my guess is that this isn't the first time people have been mortified by you.
If dumbass attended my family events, I'd move and forget to send him the new address.

Dead is dead little friend. Don't have sympathy for them, they couldn't give a damn. And there is no afterlife that anyone knows of. That is the fantasy of children and childish adults believing that death. meaning oblivion, can be overcome. Nothing could be further from the truth.
And you know this, how?

And you know this, how?
Because I am a rational person who can figure out that if you came from nothingness, you return to nothingness. You have one life, live it up.

Fox bots
You betcha, wonderful caring folks until talk turns to politics and then they get about as hateful as anyone I have ever seen. The transformation can be sudden so I really have to watch what I say around them.

I did a music gig once with Franken speaking as the headliner, back when he was a comedian and before his political career. We tried to get him to take a photo with the band but he was being rudely reluctant about it. Once we got him to agree to the photo, he insisted instead of lining up side-by-side with the band that he'd be in front and we'd be side-by-side behind him. He made the mistake of lining up directly in front of me, bent over with his hands on his knees. As the shutter released, I moved my arms from a folded position to that which placed my hands along both of his hips. The resulting photo appeared as though I was having my Deliverance way with Franken. I call the photo Porkinfranken.

Forum List

Back