Wtf is up with liberal relatives insulting and bashing conservative relatives?

No really. Although my most immediate 8 family members are liberal (stemming from my grandmother), the other 46 family members at Christmas Eve are all conservatives.

This morning I overheard two of my liberal family members.

"They don't even make 100k a year, and they think they are well off, haha. That's why the vote Republican, because they think they're well off."

When I hang out with my other relatives (conservatives) they (at most) will say this about the liberal pocket in family (AT MOST): "I wish they could see past the smoke and mirrors."

Really that's the worst thing my conservative relatives ever said.

Liberals always seem to need a boogey man, even if their own relatives.

I hactually had to intevene this Christmas morning and say:

"Listen I'm not well off, and I'm conservative. We don't vote for rewards and handouts, we vote for principle."

My extended family (husbands side) were mostly liberal. They never seemed to miss a chance to say something in front of me about Jesus in an attempt to offend me - which all stemmed from their being liberal Marxists - very educated people mind you - I pretended to not hear them and treated them with respect. All of them have died of cancer in the past several years and only two are left. They died young too. I couldn't get over how quickly they were gone. One still contacts us occasionally and the other person doesn't contact us at all. If you think about how miserable they are it will cause you to feel more empathy for them. After all, what have they got to look forward to after this life is over? Hell? You know it is so true - the Word says, What will it profit a man to gain the whole world only to lose his own soul. Life is so fleeting. They just do not understand how much so until it is too late.
Dead is dead little friend. Don't have sympathy for them, they couldn't give a damn. And there is no afterlife that anyone knows of. That is the fantasy of children and childish adults believing that death. meaning oblivion, can be overcome. Nothing could be further from the truth.

This shows how dumb you are......you don't know.....you can't know...and yet you claim to know.....at least people who are religious say they have faith.....which is more hope than anything else...there is implied "not knowing" for sure....why...because they don't know either...but you guys are the fools who claim to absolutely know for sure........

that is just stupid.....none of us will know till we die....and if we are wrong it won't matter.....if you are wrong....at a minimum you will feel stupid.....
Hope is a very bad thing, try not to have any. It stops you from taking necessary actions.

No really. Although my most immediate 8 family members are liberal (stemming from my grandmother), the other 46 family members at Christmas Eve are all conservatives.

"They don't even make 100k a year, and they think they are well off, haha. That's why the vote Republican, because they think they're well off."

When I hang out with my other relatives (conservatives) they (at most) will say this about the liberal pocket in family (AT MOST): "I wish they could see past the smoke and mirrors."

"Listen I'm not well off, and I'm conservative. We don't vote for rewards and handouts, we vote for principle."

Thankfully my family is not overly political and even the ones who are tend to lay off that kind of thing during the holiday season. I'm lucky that way. My family seems to get along pretty well, regardless of their quirks. :D

Merry Christmas! :)

It seems you have real problems with the Jews, since they wrote the entire story. Old and New. All Jews, all the time.
Humans are a disease. Did you miss that part?

And plenty of Christians messed around with the NT, including adding names to the Gospels when they had none, not to mention picking what books made it into the Bible in the first place.
All Jews, all the time. The first Christians that you claim made up names, etc., were all Jews. Many still believe in the apocryphal stories that didn't make it past the Council of Trent.

Jew hater.
The Gospels were named long after the Gentiles started to become Christians. Without Paul that never would have happened. Those editors weren't Jews, not even close.
Even if we go with your faith that tells you that (faith is believing something you can't possibly know), naming something doesn't change the story. btw, Paul was actually named Saul of Tarsus, the.....wait for it.....Jew.

Paul said "I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city [Jerusalem] at the feet of Gamaliel, taught according to the strictness of our fathers' law, and was zealous toward God as you all are today." (Acts 22:3)
Paul wasn't much of Jew. It's why he let the Gentiles into a Jewish Cult. Jesus came to save the Jews, not the Gentiles.

You got one part right, Heaven is indeed from the imaginations of men, and so is Hell as well as all the rest, talking bushes and donkeys included.

As for knowing what other creatures think, we have very little idea and no idea on life after death. We do know that elephants and other species grieve for the dead. That would be an obvious place to start looking.
It seems you have real problems with the Jews, since they wrote the entire story. Old and New. All Jews, all the time.

And plenty of Christians messed around with the NT, including adding names to the Gospels when they had none, not to mention picking what books made it into the Bible in the first place.
All Jews, all the time. The first Christians that you claim made up names, etc., were all Jews. Many still believe in the apocryphal stories that didn't make it past the Council of Trent.

Jew hater.
The Gospels were named long after the Gentiles started to become Christians. Without Paul that never would have happened. Those editors weren't Jews, not even close.
Even if we go with your faith that tells you that (faith is believing something you can't possibly know), naming something doesn't change the story. btw, Paul was actually named Saul of Tarsus, the.....wait for it.....Jew.
I'm well aware of who Pual was, and the fact that he never met Jesus.

Politics is pervasive. It threatens to tear whole families apart. Republican or Democrat. I remember a time when families cared for each other regardless of what positions they held.
Politics has always torn families apart, including up to murder, it's just more common at lower levels now. Partisanship wins elections.

Jew hater.
By far every one of the early Jews who believed the story of the other Jews about the Jew Jesus never actually met the Man. All Jews, all the time. :)

Jew hater.
By far every one of the early Jews who believed the story of the other Jews about the Jew Jesus never actually met the Man. All Jews, all the time. :)
Your belief is incorrect. The Disciples were Jews but the gentiles joined soon enough. Once Rome got a hold of the thing, it was off to races. The Jews are still waiting for their Messiah BTW. And yours didn't come to save you, not in the slightest.

Jew hater.
Your belief is incorrect. The Disciples were Jews but the gentiles joined soon enough. Once Rome got a hold of the thing, it was off to races. The Jews are still waiting for their Messiah BTW. And yours didn't come to save you, not in the slightest.
So your faith tells you. :D

It was all Jews, all the time. Then the Jew Saul of Tarsus said it was for everyone. Those gentiles who believed the story weren't exactly welcomed by Rome. They were persecuted like crazy until around 325AD when Constantine, the Holy Roman Emperor, became a Christian himself.

And there are plenty of Jews who believe Jesus was the Messiah. Gentiles, too. :)

It was all Jews, all the time. Then the Jew Saul of Tarsus said it was for everyone. Those gentiles who believed the story weren't exactly welcomed by Rome. They were persecuted like crazy until around 325AD when Constantine, the Holy Roman Emperor, became a Christian himself.

And there are plenty of Jews who believe Jesus was the Messiah. Gentiles, too. :)
There are a few Jews, the Jews for Jesus who everyone thinks are nutbags, and it's not faith, it's the history of Christianity. Paul brought the Gentiles in, not Jesus. Jesus came to save the Jews, that's all. He wasn't even the biggest or best know Messiah Cult of the time, but look at him now, once the gentiles hooked up. A cult of the Jews, with two billion gentiles. Truth is stranger than fiction.

There are a few Jews, the Jews for Jesus who everyone thinks are nutbags, and it's not faith, it's the history of Christianity. Paul brought the Gentiles in, not Jesus. Jesus came to save the Jews, that's all. He wasn't even the biggest or best know Messiah Cult of the time, but look at him now, once the gentiles hooked up. A cult of the Jews, with two billion gentiles. Truth is stranger than fiction.
Jews wrote it all, including the Old Testament, which both religions believe.

Your faith in something else is fine with me. Just don't pretend whatever you believe is not also faith based. :D

They said that because you are voting against yourself and for the rich.
So if you make more than $100k, are you voting for yourself? The rich are people like Kerry, Pelosi, Clinton. Yet, vote for them??

The bottom line is that liberals are assholes. My older brother is a die-hard union man libturd. Whenever we would have family dinners, he would spend the entire dinner talking about politics with my mother and his wife. Of course, he has plenty of derogatory things to say about conservatives. One time I piped up and made an insulting crack about Al Franken. You wouldn't believe the silence that immediately fell upon the table. You would think I had insulted Jesus during a church service.

That's the way liberals all: one standard for them, another for the rest of us. That's why they are all rude assholes.

first, it's generally considered rude to talk about politics at family gatherings. Especially if you are a guest and not the host.

Second, if you come off half as belligerent and ignorant IRL as you do here, my guess is that this isn't the first time people have been mortified by you.

I come off rude here because the ability to say what I think without personal repercussions is the reason I post here. Talking politics at family gatherings is rude, which proves my brother is a rude asshole. I never talked politics at the dinner table until I made the previously mentioned remark. Everyone got the point.

The bottom line is that liberals are assholes. My older brother is a die-hard union man libturd. Whenever we would have family dinners, he would spend the entire dinner talking about politics with my mother and his wife. Of course, he has plenty of derogatory things to say about conservatives. One time I piped up and made an insulting crack about Al Franken. You wouldn't believe the silence that immediately fell upon the table. You would think I had insulted Jesus during a church service.

That's the way liberals all: one standard for them, another for the rest of us. That's why they are all rude assholes.

Seems the one constant in the family is insulting others along partisan lines hey?

You say there's one standard for them and one for everyone else, really? You don't do the same thing?

I guess you didn't follow the story too closely. I never discussed politics with family members who don't share my views, but my older brother and his wife did it all the time. Liberals think they're free to disparage what other people think.

I'm surrounded by lefties. 95% of the people I know and work with are lefties. They have no problem discussing left-leaning politics and issues openly because they assume everyone thinks the same way they do. This evening, at a holiday gathering at a neighboor's house, a couple of them mentioned they had recently met George Stephanopolous and Jon Stewart and were surprised at how short they are in real life. I pointed out that we discovered that about Chris Wallace when meeting him, that he, too, is very short. They asked who he is. I said he used to work for ABC News. No way I was going to mention Fox News. They would have collectively groaned and exposed their own hypocrisy.

You find that to be insulting? Thin skin?

I'm so glad that my family has love and respect for one another. We never argue at family gatherings. I wouldn't want to go through that added stress on the holidays, that's for sure.

Jews wrote it all, including the Old Testament, which both religions believe.

Your faith in something else is fine with me. Just don't pretend whatever you believe is not also faith based. :D
I have reason, not faith. That I leave to your kind, the children with VISA cards.

Better they said it within your ear's hearing, than behind your back, as you do on this board about liberals (relatives)....no?

Though sad that any politics at all even comes up at family get togethers on Christmas eve...

Forum List

Back