Wtf is up with liberal relatives insulting and bashing conservative relatives?

Better they said it within your ear's hearing, than behind your back,

They didn't expect me to be awake, I was in the garage painting a christmas toy for my nephew this morning, usually I'm sleeping at 7:00

Lol! Anyway, I'm sure that some relatives (and people in general) would bash one another about all kinds of things, not just being liberal or conservative. Sometimes you have to deal with asses. That's just a fact of life, I suppose. :D

No really. Although my most immediate 8 family members are liberal (stemming from my grandmother), the other 46 family members at Christmas Eve are all conservatives.

This morning I overheard two of my liberal family members.

"They don't even make 100k a year, and they think they are well off, haha. That's why the vote Republican, because they think they're well off."

When I hang out with my other relatives (conservatives) they (at most) will say this about the liberal pocket in family (AT MOST): "I wish they could see past the smoke and mirrors."

Really that's the worst thing my conservative relatives ever said.

Liberals always seem to need a boogey man, even if their own relatives.

I hactually had to intevene this Christmas morning and say:

"Listen I'm not well off, and I'm conservative. We don't vote for rewards and handouts, we vote for principle."
You find that to be insulting? Thin skin?

You're obviously a rude bitch.

No really. Although my most immediate 8 family members are liberal (stemming from my grandmother), the other 46 family members at Christmas Eve are all conservatives.

This morning I overheard two of my liberal family members.

"They don't even make 100k a year, and they think they are well off, haha. That's why the vote Republican, because they think they're well off."

When I hang out with my other relatives (conservatives) they (at most) will say this about the liberal pocket in family (AT MOST): "I wish they could see past the smoke and mirrors."

Really that's the worst thing my conservative relatives ever said.

Liberals always seem to need a boogey man, even if their own relatives.

I hactually had to intevene this Christmas morning and say:

"Listen I'm not well off, and I'm conservative. We don't vote for rewards and handouts, we vote for principle."

Hactually...lol, best Freudian slip of the year.

I guess you didn't follow the story too closely. I never discussed politics with family members who don't share my views, but my older brother and his wife did it all the time. Liberals think they're free to disparage what other people think.

You mean, they think there's something called freedom of speech?

basically you have your way of doing things, your family members have their way, get over it. It's not because they're liberal, it's because they are who they are. You have to deal with that sort of thing. Coming on here and saying it's all liberals do blah blah blah is just nonsense. You'd find millions of conservatives who will do exactly the same thing.

Was it Billy Crystal who talked about how family gatherings were great - until someone asks "What do you mean by that?"

Happily, my family is mostly pretty well educated so they're liberals. Yeah, we have a few uneducated nutters but we just overlook their ignorance.

Face it - you don't get to pick your family.
You're lucky. I have a liberal sister, a Whig party brother (???), a conservative brother, a and a raging teabagger brother.

Facebook is fun. :)

Was it Billy Crystal who talked about how family gatherings were great - until someone asks "What do you mean by that?"

Happily, my family is mostly pretty well educated so they're liberals. Yeah, we have a few uneducated nutters but we just overlook their ignorance.

Face it - you don't get to pick your family.
You're lucky. I have a liberal sister, a Whig party brother (???), a conservative brother, a and a raging teabagger brother.

Facebook is fun. :)

And I still love them all equally although there's a lot of eyerolling.

I guess you didn't follow the story too closely. I never discussed politics with family members who don't share my views, but my older brother and his wife did it all the time. Liberals think they're free to disparage what other people think.

basically you have your way of doing things, your family members have their way, get over it. It's not because they're liberal, it's because they are who they are. You have to deal with that sort of thing. Coming on here and saying it's all liberals do blah blah blah is just nonsense. You'd find millions of conservatives who will do exactly the same thing.

Yes, it's because they are rude assholes, and they are hypocrites to boot. You see, if I discussed my political views at the table, the would all be in an uproar. If you say Al Franken is an idiot, they get offended, but they will sit there all day ripping on Sarah Palin.

You're just another example of the liberal conceit that it's OK for you to discuss your political views at the dinner table and put down conservatives, but it's not OK for them.

Yes, it's because they are rude assholes, and they are hypocrites to boot. You see, if I discussed my political views at the table, the would all be in an uproar. If you say Al Franken is an idiot, they get offended, but they will sit there all day ripping on Sarah Palin.

You're just another example of the liberal conceit that it's OK for you to discuss your political views at the dinner table and put down conservatives, but it's not OK for them.

Well a lot of people are rude and hypocrites and self centered and all of that. On both sides of the spectrum. You have a problem with your family, then you have a problem with your family. Trying to make this out as some kind of political thing is nonsense.

How am I an example? I believe people should be able to say what they like. If someone made a comment I didn't like then fine, I'd deal with it. Maybe you've just been outnumbered, it's the way it goes, it's called communicating.

But then again I've seen on this board so many people who are just not willing to be open minded about things, people who won't debate properly it happens on both sides, let's be honest here, it's not just liberals, it's not just conservatives, it's MOST people, especially when it comes to politics.

Not to worry. That company moved overseas where the labor and tax rates aren't as high and now the poor woman is even poorer, with no job at all.

Well, no, you see, she can't get a manufacturing job. I was talking specifically about companies like McDonalds and WalMart that pay their employees so little they have to go on food stamps.

Seriously, you just went full retard. Never go full retard.

I come off rude here because the ability to say what I think without personal repercussions is the reason I post here. Talking politics at family gatherings is rude, which proves my brother is a rude asshole. I never talked politics at the dinner table until I made the previously mentioned remark. Everyone got the point.

So you are admitting you are a gutless coward who only acts tough when hiding behind a phony name and a picture of a small child?

Some facts about me:

1) I am very conservative.
2) I have never made a 100 grand a year and likely never will.
3) I always vote conservative (not necessarily GOP).
4) None of my relatives are liberal but I would badmouth them if they were. :2up:

Some facts about me:

4) None of my relatives are liberal but I would badmouth them if they were. :2up:

So what you are admitting is you routinely vote against your own economic interests because they've figured out how to play on your racial, sexual and religious fears.

Obama had you in mind when he talked about "Clinging to guns and bibles".

Some facts about me:

So what you are admitting is you routinely vote against your own economic interests because they've figured out how to play on your racial, sexual and religious fears.

Obama had you in mind when he talked about "Clinging to guns and bibles".

I have no doubt that Obama had white conservatives in mind when he made that statement.

But, for me, how much money I have isn't nearly as important as how much freedom and liberty I have. I am free to make more than I do but I make enough to live comfortably and don't need more. That's the difference between me and greedy Liberals. Liberals believe that they should have what the other guy has because it isn't "fair" that they don't. I don't give two hoots if someone has more than me.

I have no doubt that Obama had white conservatives in mind when he made that statement.

But, for me, how much money I have isn't nearly as important as how much freedom and liberty I have. I am free to make more than I do but I make enough to live comfortably and don't need more. That's the difference between me and greedy Liberals. Liberals believe that they should have what the other guy has because it isn't "fair" that they don't. I don't give two hoots if someone has more than me.

No, the difference is, you want to have more than that poor lady working at WalMart, and are horrified if she gets food stamps.

The fact the Waltons get billions in tax subsidies doesn't bother you a bit. Even though you are paying for them.

And you are stupid enough to think you are "free". Because you gots you a gun!!!!

Dead is dead little friend. Don't have sympathy for them, they couldn't give a damn. And there is no afterlife that anyone knows of. That is the fantasy of children and childish adults believing that death. meaning oblivion, can be overcome. Nothing could be further from the truth.

:lol: Your desperate fear is palpable. :lol:

Well a lot of people are rude and hypocrites and self centered and all of that. On both sides of the spectrum. You have a problem with your family, then you have a problem with your family. Trying to make this out as some kind of political thing is nonsense.

How am I an example? I believe people should be able to say what they like. If someone made a comment I didn't like then fine, I'd deal with it. Maybe you've just been outnumbered, it's the way it goes, it's called communicating.

But then again I've seen on this board so many people who are just not willing to be open minded about things, people who won't debate properly it happens on both sides, let's be honest here, it's not just liberals, it's not just conservatives, it's MOST people, especially when it comes to politics.

That's a good point. Some people are just jerks in general. It's not just politics. Lol.

Forum List

Back