WTF Is The Point Of This Bullshit?

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
Why am I being informed by some of you that one woman or another in politics is "hot"? Is this a quality you need/want in a political candidate? HTF is it that the nation can survive electing men as fugly as Strom Thurmond but all the chicks running for office need to inspire lust?

Do you not see that in referring to a woman as "hot" when she isn't offering romance marginalizes her and severely marginalizes the equally (or more) qualified women who are "not hot"? If we have a future Golda Meir or Margaret Thatcher in the US, you gonna ignore that talent pool because the chick doesn't wear a size 2?

Grow the fuck up, guys.

Don't want to. I am in full peter pan mode.

And if you are going to try to convince me that women don't notice studliness in candidates, you will have a very hard job of it.

• Banned
Don't want to. I am in full peter pan mode.

And if you are going to try to convince me that women don't notice studliness in candidates, you will have a very hard job of it.

I can recall hearing that sort of thing said in the 1960's, about JFK...but it has never been suggested that only studly men can be viable candidates for public office. I get the feeling that for some of our stupidier members, a woman's "hotness" is a pre-requisite to considering her for public office.

Why am I being informed by some of you that one woman or another in politics is "hot"? Is this a quality you need/want in a political candidate? HTF is it that the nation can survive electing men as fugly as Strom Thurmond but all the chicks running for office need to inspire lust?

Do you not see that in referring to a woman as "hot" when she isn't offering romance marginalizes her and severely marginalizes the equally (or more) qualified women who are "not hot"? If we have a future Golda Meir or Margaret Thatcher in the US, you gonna ignore that talent pool because the chick doesn't wear a size 2?

Grow the fuck up, guys.

Then there were the days of Clinton & Bush Jr & Kennedy that American women lusted for, who hung on every detail and nighty story or thought. How the fantasies helped wrap their hot sweaty finders around the voting lever and gave it a pull. The celeb magazines printed every detail, some true, and some just hot and provocative. Girls were twisting their locks as the Monica suspense built looking for a climax in that sizzle between the pages.

Why blame men for their natural reactions to the hot women of the day? It takes more than a novel to inspire our imagination.:lol:

Here is Kristine Davis, candidate for NY Govenor. I would have voted for her. What party did she belong to? LOL!!

peace.jpg

Last edited:
  • Banned

Grow the fuck up, guys.

Then there were the days of Clinton & Bush Jr & Kennedy that American women lusted for, who hung on every detail and nighty story or thought. How the fantasies helped wrap their hot sweaty finders around the voting lever and gave it a pull. The celeb magazines printed every detail, some true, and some just hot and provocative. Girls were twisting their locks as the Monica suspense built looking for a climax in that sizzle between the pages.

Why blame men for their natural reactions to the hot women of the day? It takes more than a novel to inspire our imagination.:lol:

Clinton? Bush Jr.? Are you serious? This is the first I ever heard some chick thought either one was "hot". I guess there really is someone for everyone.

Grow the fuck up, guys.

Clinton? Bush Jr.? Are you serious? This is the first I ever heard some chick thought either one was "hot". I guess there really is someone for everyone.

Hey, ask the girls.......who gets elected? Movie Actor Ronald Reagan. Who's political voice is always heard? Movie actors, comedians. Clint Eastwood, etc. Hee heee, for got Conade the Destroyer and the blonde haired wrestler ~ whats his name..

Last edited:
Right wing men think with their dicks. It shows in their lust for gas pig cars to guns to FOX to Christine O'Donnell.

Politicians have figured out that sex sells. Obama uses it, palin uses it and so did Clinton. Why do you think pelosi has had her face frozen with botox?

Grow the fuck up, guys.

We're just following Harry Reid
Say Anything Harry Reid: Senator Gillibrand Is Totally Hot

She is pretty hot, btw. I'd much rather look at her than Babs Mikulski.

Grow the fuck up, guys.

To call a fellow candidate (female) "Hot" is to diminish her (or him; remember Brown), in the same way to comment on her clothing, while she wants to talk about issues, nullifies debate.

Look carefully which side of the political spectrum this practice is displayed by, and I don't mean by the non-players like here on USMB or the minions.

There is just one side that always focuses on personalities and superficialities. It serves to take all the "oxygen out of the room" and diverts all further attention from uncomfortable real issues.

Forum List

Back