WTF Is The Point Of This Bullshit?

It doesn't bother me if they refer to woman as HOT.

But one thing for sure, they can't say that about too many Democrat woman politicians.

most all butt ugly, inside and out.

snort.:lol:

Why am I being informed by some of you that one woman or another in politics is "hot"? Is this a quality you need/want in a political candidate? HTF is it that the nation can survive electing men as fugly as Strom Thurmond but all the chicks running for office need to inspire lust?

Do you not see that in referring to a woman as "hot" when she isn't offering romance marginalizes her and severely marginalizes the equally (or more) qualified women who are "not hot"? If we have a future Golda Meir or Margaret Thatcher in the US, you gonna ignore that talent pool because the chick doesn't wear a size 2?

Grow the fuck up, guys.

To call a fellow candidate (female) "Hot" is to diminish her (or him; remember Brown), in the same way to comment on her clothing, while she wants to talk about issues, nullifies debate.

Look carefully which side of the political spectrum this practice is displayed by, and I don't mean by the non-players like here on USMB or the minions.

There is just one side that always focuses on personalities and superficialities. It serves to take all the "oxygen out of the room" and diverts all further attention from uncomfortable real issues.
Agreed. And let's recall that the OP is offended by Palin's choice to have unprotected sex with her husband after the age of 35 and decide to give birth to a retarded baby and who continues to work and who thinks she is a good mother. The OP is offended by that. So, one has to wonder about the OP's actual point.

It doesn't bother me if they refer to woman as HOT.

But one thing for sure, they can't say that about too many Democrat woman politicians.

most all butt ugly, inside and out.
That's cause Republicans like smart good looking straight women.

But Democrats like to run mainly hard core dykes and lesbians for political office.

Why am I being informed by some of you that one woman or another in politics is "hot"? Is this a quality you need/want in a political candidate? HTF is it that the nation can survive electing men as fugly as Strom Thurmond but all the chicks running for office need to inspire lust?

Do you not see that in referring to a woman as "hot" when she isn't offering romance marginalizes her and severely marginalizes the equally (or more) qualified women who are "not hot"? If we have a future Golda Meir or Margaret Thatcher in the US, you gonna ignore that talent pool because the chick doesn't wear a size 2?

Grow the fuck up, guys.

To call a fellow candidate (female) "Hot" is to diminish her (or him; remember Brown), in the same way to comment on her clothing, while she wants to talk about issues, nullifies debate.

Look carefully which side of the political spectrum this practice is displayed by, and I don't mean by the non-players like here on USMB or the minions.

There is just one side that always focuses on personalities and superficialities. It serves to take all the "oxygen out of the room" and diverts all further attention from uncomfortable real issues.
Agreed. And let's recall that the OP is offended by Palin's choice to have unprotected sex with her husband after the age of 35 and decide to give birth to a retarded baby and who continues to work and who thinks she is a good mother. The OP is offended by that. So, one has to wonder about the OP's actual point.
I dunno. WHen challenged she runs away and can't defend anything she wrote. SO we're just guessing here.
Yes, it is terrible that people demean a candidate by discussing her hair, shoes, makeup etc. No one is voting for those things. So the first order of the day is to have Dums impose a self-ban on mentioning Palin's appearance. Or anything extraneous to politics. Concentrate on her actual views.
But then they'd lose the debate.

Reminds me of the punchline about the psychiatrist giving a Rorschach test where the guy keeps seeing increasing lude imagry in every image presented:

Hey don't blame me, Doc. You're the guy with the dirty pictures

Reminds me of the punchline about the psychiatrist giving a Rorschach test where the guy keeps seeing increasing lude imagry in every image presented:

So you're saying the presence of female candidates necessitates comments about their physical features? It is unavoidable?

Personally I think Scott Brown is a hunk.

Would I vote for him BECAUSE he's a hunk??

Nope. I would have to agree with what he was selling before he would get my vote.

So you're saying the presence of female candidates necessitates comments about their physical features? It is unavoidable?

As further evidence of right wingers thinking with their dicks, you're a walking poster child of small mindedness.

The OP really did not source this well. Who are these "right wingers?"

We do know Ted Kennedy got at least one woman killed because of his dick.

We don't know that. We know that a woman died because of a car accident, where Ted Kennedy happened to be driving. All else is speculation. More compelling speculation would be that Laura Bush murdered an ex-boyfriend by running a stop sign. There's a conspiracy where the odds of coincidence are much more remote. I don't buy into that bullshit, but you seem to want to connect way more dots than there are.

I did not direct my criticism at either side of the aisle. Instead, I was thinking more along the lines of "requiring female candidates to be physically attractive closes the door on far too many qualified people, and is sexist because we are more'n willing to elect fugly male candidates."

It isn't so much that some of you have entertained lusty thoughts about a candidate of either gender.....it's the subtle disenfranchising of female candidates who are hot by directing attention away from their POVs, and the undue burdening or closing out of fugly female candidates.

Such discussion also slants a party/electorate in favor of younger candidates. Few women are "hot" in their 50's or 60's, but I myself prefer a graybeard in office all things being equal.

I find the "my side has better looking women" argument just bizarre-o. Who cares? How would you know? And why are you even concerned? I also resent the "straight vs gay" debate. If you are so stupid you'd vote against a female candidate because she's a lesbian, that's on you. I'm not especially interested in listening to any hateful, homophobic remarks. WTF? Are you worried a lesbian candidate will never sleep with you? Some of you need better reality contact.

As for my slamming Palin as a parent...I sure did. But the Mods have pulled that thread, and from what I understand, once they have acted we are not supposed to discuss their reasons why in public. So all y'all who did not read it can just guess why I think Palin is a sub- sub- sub-par parent. Without further permission, I am not re-introducing that topic for debate.

Last edited:

Grow the fuck up, guys.

I take that as an admission you're not very hot.

I did not direct my criticism at either side of the aisle. Instead, I was thinking more along the lines of "requiring female candidates to be physically attractive closes the door on far too many qualified people, and is sexist because we are more'n willing to elect fugly male candidates."

It isn't so much that some of you have entertained lusty thoughts about a candidate of either gender.....it's the subtle disenfranchising of female candidate who are hot by directing attention away from their POVs, and the undue burdening or closing out of fugly female candidates.

Such discussion also slants a party/electorate in favor of younger candidates. Few women are "hot" in the 50's or 60's, but I myself prefer a graybeard in office all things being equal.

I find the "my side has better looking women" argument just bizarre-o. Who cares? How would you know? And why are you even concerned? I also resent the "straight vs gay" debate. If you are so stupid you'd vote against a female candidate because she's a lesbian, that's on you. I'm not especially interested in listening to any hateful, homophobic remarks. WTF? Are you worried a lesbian candidate will never sleep with you? Some of you need better reality contact.

As for my slamming Palin as a parent...I sure did. But the Mods have pulled that thread, and from what I understand, once they have acted we are not supposed to discuss their reasons why in public. So all y'all who did not read it can just guess why I think Palin is a sub- sub- sub-par parent. Without further permission, I am not re-introducing that topic for debate.

Good observation. Some mods seem to be capricious in their movement of threads to Romper Room, without explanation. I attribute it to the fact that they want to dumb down discussion. The Iott Nazi thread is an example.

What the hell, it's not my board, and they ought to be able to do what they want.

In the mid fifties, "generosity was voted the most conspicuous American characteristic, followed by friendliness, understanding, piety, love of freedom, and progressivism. The American faults listed were petty: shallowness, egotism, extravagance, preoccupation with money, and selfishness." William Manchester quoting from George Gallup's Institute of public opinion

Fascinating topic and one that seems to me relevant mostly on the conservative side of the aisle, think depictions of Hillary, Elena, Nancy, or Barbara. And the constant comments on 'hot' come from the wingnuts. Hot, like so many things, is in the eye of the beholder, if one finds Sarah hot, they have my sympathy.

But then I admit I don't see Sarah as image, I see her as a buffoon who has done well in spite of herself. Imagining romance or whatever with a buffoon throws off my gyroscope of personal reality. Reminds me of those funny TV commercials on meeting a compatible lover / partner.

But there is truth to appearance and ease of consideration in all things. Anyone here ever interview people for jobs? Hard stuff. But being extremely handsome, aging extremely well, being fascinating in all ways, being a tremendous yet considerate lover, gifted in words and deeds, brilliant and learned and well read, I have great sympathy for the rest of you.

"I know. I know that I shall never again meet anything or anybody who will inspire me with passion. You know, it's quite a job starting to love somebody. You have to have energy, generosity, blindness. There is even a moment, in the very beginning, when you have to jump across a precipice: if you think about it you don't do it. I know I'll never jump again." Sartre 'Nausea'

It isn't so much that some of you have entertained lusty thoughts about a candidate of either gender.....it's the subtle disenfranchising of female candidate who are hot by directing attention away from their POVs, and the undue burdening or closing out of fugly female candidates.

Such discussion also slants a party/electorate in favor of younger candidates. Few women are "hot" in the 50's or 60's, but I myself prefer a graybeard in office all things being equal.

I come from a state that elects dog ugly women in my opinion, but that has not hindered their elections to office. Cases in point boxer and pelosi.

Grow the fuck up, guys.

I take that as an admission you're not very hot.

Of course you do, blastoff, because let's be honest -- The World Is Just Sixth Grade On A Larger Scale. When I get through watching the Barbie Channel, me and my mean girl clique will get together to discuss how left out we feel when guys only chase 19 year olds. In short, in case sarcasm is beyond your comprehension, this comment you left was moronic.

I need more patience to cope with this site some days than others.

I come from a state that elects dog ugly women in my opinion, but that has not hindered their elections to office. Cases in point boxer and pelosi.

You certainly have the right to vote with your stank ass.

Forum List

Back