WTF is he smoking!?

He told them to make it clear what is in their best interest job wise. No different then making an add or a statement in an add.

I was once told that it would be in my best interest, job wise, to have sex with my boss. Guess that was just an advertisement.

Since when? Do business owners give up their right to free speech when they hire people?

Good point. Business owners should no longer be unconstitutionally infringed upon, and should be free to tell their employees that having sex with the boss is in the employee's best interest, job wise, and that it brings better job security.

He told them to make it clear what is in their best interest job wise. No different then making an add or a statement in an add.

I was once told that it would be in my best interest, job wise, to have sex with my boss. Guess that was just an advertisement.

Logical fallacy, false parallel.

Your boss knows whether or not you have sex with him.

There's no way a boss can know how you vote. Fail.

Logical fallacy, false parallel.

Your boss knows whether or not you have sex with him.

There's no way a boss can know how you vote. Fail.

Speaking of false parallel.

no one should feel threatened in any manner when they vote.
Very true.

however, he disagrees.
New_Black_Panther_Party.jpg

I hope you make it very clear to your employees what you believe is in the best interest of your enterprise and therefore their job and their future in the upcoming elections

Translation: Tell your employees to vote for the best interest of the company and therefore their job.

1. He didn't say (from the context of the post) that employers should tell their employees to vote for him.
2. He's saying to vote in the election.
3. A vote one way or another may determine the company's success in the future. A vote the "wrong" way might mean the company goes under and therefore a loss of jobs. And a vote the "right" way might ensure future success and job growth.
4. As people have said already, unions tell people who to vote for all the time. Doesn't mean they have to listen.

Votes are private. Unless an employer is telling their employee(s) that they will lose their job no matter what if they vote a certain way, that is not OK. But again, how will the employer know for sure. If they fire you, sue their ass.

Romney: Employees Should Know Political Implications of Their Votes - The Ballot 2012 (usnews.com)

Mitt Romney is hoping business owners will "make it very clear" to their employees what their political views are and how the November election results could impact their jobs.

At least that's what he told about 100,000 members of the National Federation of Independent Businesses during a Wednesday tele-townhall.

"I hope you make it very clear to your employees what you believe is in the best interest of your enterprise and therefore their job and their future in the upcoming elections," the Republican presidential nominee said. "And whether you agree with me or you agree with President Obama, or whatever your political view, I hope you pass those along to your employees."

Chuckling a bit, Romney added, "Nothing illegal about you talking to your employees about what you believe is best for the business, because I believe that will figure in to their election decision, their voting decision."

Friendly reminder (from the comments section);

42 US 1971(b): "No person, whether acting under color of law or otherwise, shall intimidate, threaten, coerce, or attempt to intimidate, threaten, or coerce any other person for the purpose of interfering with the right of such other person to vote or to vote as he may choose, or of causing such other person to vote for, or not to vote for, any candidate for the office of President, Vice President, presidential elector, Member of the Senate, or Member of the House of Representatives, Delegates or Commissioners from the Territories or possessions, at any general, special, or primary election held solely or in part for the purpose of selecting or electing any such candidate."

So basically it's only Ok when Obama does it.

Got it.

I would agree that a fine line exists, however I don't have problem with companies 'translating' the issues to employees so that they may develop an informed decision from the perspective of the industry.

My union tells its members who to vote for every election. In fact, I've been to meetings where politicians tell the membership who supports them. Is this illegal? Oh my. Who should I call?

Oh, don't bother calling anybody. Romney thinks we need less teachers, anyway.

Romney: Employees Should Know Political Implications of Their Votes - The Ballot 2012 (usnews.com)

Mitt Romney is hoping business owners will "make it very clear" to their employees what their political views are and how the November election results could impact their jobs.

At least that's what he told about 100,000 members of the National Federation of Independent Businesses during a Wednesday tele-townhall.

"I hope you make it very clear to your employees what you believe is in the best interest of your enterprise and therefore their job and their future in the upcoming elections," the Republican presidential nominee said. "And whether you agree with me or you agree with President Obama, or whatever your political view, I hope you pass those along to your employees."

Chuckling a bit, Romney added, "Nothing illegal about you talking to your employees about what you believe is best for the business, because I believe that will figure in to their election decision, their voting decision."

42 US 1971(b): "No person, whether acting under color of law or otherwise, shall intimidate, threaten, coerce, or attempt to intimidate, threaten, or coerce any other person for the purpose of interfering with the right of such other person to vote or to vote as he may choose, or of causing such other person to vote for, or not to vote for, any candidate for the office of President, Vice President, presidential elector, Member of the Senate, or Member of the House of Representatives, Delegates or Commissioners from the Territories or possessions, at any general, special, or primary election held solely or in part for the purpose of selecting or electing any such candidate."

another PPPoop troll......

"No person, whether acting under color of law or otherwise, shall intimidate, threaten, coerce, or attempt to intimidate, threaten, or coerce any other person

what about that don't you understand hon?

My union tells its members who to vote for every election. In fact, I've been to meetings where politicians tell the membership who supports them. Is this illegal? Oh my. Who should I call?

Must be nice for you to always know what people think, Even though they have never said anything at all like what you say they think.

Kinda like when some on the Right say Obama Hates White America, and Hates the Constitution. He has never actually said anything like that, But people still say it. Do you like it when they do?

You mind providing a link that Shows Romney thinks we need less teachers?

Must be nice for you to always know what people think, Even though they have never said anything at all like what you say they think.

Kinda like when some on the Right say Obama Hates White America, and Hates the Constitution. He has never actually said anything like that, But people still say it. Do you like it when they do?

Although Charles? Obama has by action/deed and words said he doesn't respect, that which he swore an oath to protect and defend.

Bypassing the Congress ring a bell?

Oh come on Betty..it was a harmless prank..like having 6 of your bestest buddies hold down the class dandy..while he gave the boy a proper haircut..or dressing up like a police officer..to um..tee hee..pull over unsuspecting <chuckle> rubes.

Law? When you got as much money as Romney? The law doesn't apply to you..

How about a link showing us just what the president has to do with hiring teachers, or police or firefighters for that matter?

Unless someone federalizes the schools, police departments and fire departments, the president can do nothing at all.

Forum List

Back