WTF is he smoking!?

My union tells its members who to vote for every election. In fact, I've been to meetings where politicians tell the membership who supports them. Is this illegal? Oh my. Who should I call?

Once more with feeling.

42 US 1971(b): "No person, whether acting under color of law or otherwise, shall intimidate, threaten, coerce, or attempt to intimidate, threaten, or coerce any other person for the purpose of interfering with the right of such other person to vote or to vote as he may choose, or of causing such other person to vote for, or not to vote for, any candidate for the office of President, Vice President, presidential elector, Member of the Senate, or Member of the House of Representatives, Delegates or Commissioners from the Territories or possessions, at any general, special, or primary election held solely or in part for the purpose of selecting or electing any such candidate."

Did he call Democrats "the enemy"?

An employed person voting for Obama is like asking Hannibal Lecter to "make me sometime for dinner"

Romney: Employees Should Know Political Implications of Their Votes - The Ballot 2012 (usnews.com)

Mitt Romney is hoping business owners will "make it very clear" to their employees what their political views are and how the November election results could impact their jobs.

At least that's what he told about 100,000 members of the National Federation of Independent Businesses during a Wednesday tele-townhall.

"I hope you make it very clear to your employees what you believe is in the best interest of your enterprise and therefore their job and their future in the upcoming elections," the Republican presidential nominee said. "And whether you agree with me or you agree with President Obama, or whatever your political view, I hope you pass those along to your employees."

Chuckling a bit, Romney added, "Nothing illegal about you talking to your employees about what you believe is best for the business, because I believe that will figure in to their election decision, their voting decision."

Friendly reminder (from the comments section);

42 US 1971(b): "No person, whether acting under color of law or otherwise, shall intimidate, threaten, coerce, or attempt to intimidate, threaten, or coerce any other person for the purpose of interfering with the right of such other person to vote or to vote as he may choose, or of causing such other person to vote for, or not to vote for, any candidate for the office of President, Vice President, presidential elector, Member of the Senate, or Member of the House of Representatives, Delegates or Commissioners from the Territories or possessions, at any general, special, or primary election held solely or in part for the purpose of selecting or electing any such candidate."

federal election laws are only "suggestions", donchaknow?

It's about time businesses stood up for themselves. Liberals and Democrats are only out to destroy corporations and capitalism.
Regardless of who wins, after the election employers should fire all the employees that don't have the corporation's best interest in mind.

How can you trust employees that takes the money you pay them and give it to Democrat candidates? How do you know if these employess aren't undermining your business?

It's time that like-minded people stick together and shun those that don't.

It's about time businesses stood up for themselves. Liberals and Democrats are only out to destroy corporations and capitalism.
Regardless of who wins, after the election employers should fire all the employees that don't have the corporation's best interest in mind.

How can you trust employees that takes the money you pay them and give it to Democrat candidates? How do you know if these employess aren't undermining your business?

It's time that like-minded people stick together and shun those that don't.

Sarcasm. Please tell me that was sarcasm?

My union tells its members who to vote for every election. In fact, I've been to meetings where politicians tell the membership who supports them. Is this illegal? Oh my. Who should I call?

Once more with feeling.

Now with feeling:

From the NJEA website:

Pledge to be an Educator for Obama

Pledge NowNow more than ever, we need to elect a President who shares our vision for a stronger America. President Barack Obama has earned the NEA’s recommendation because of his unwavering support for education and students and his commitment to a vibrant middle class. Do your part and pledge to be an educator for Obama today!

NJEA.org - Elections

Our votes determine our future. If I were an employer, I would be honest with my employees about how Obama's policies are going to have a negative effect and could threaten their job security.

The radical policies being created by EPA and Obamacare are job killers. People need to know that.

That would be your Conservative perspective. What about the Liberal perspective? In other words, brainwashing and intimidation are okay for Conservatives but not for Liberals?

That is not perspective, it's actual fact.
If Obama is reelected many businesses can not afford the new regulations and policies and will have to shut down their companies.
This is what many companies around here where I live are saying, as well as all around the country.
The brainwashing and intimidation is what liberals do.
Libs need to understand there is a big difference between facts and political scare tactics.

Once more with feeling.

Now with feeling:

From the NJEA website:

Pledge to be an Educator for Obama

Pledge NowNow more than ever, we need to elect a President who shares our vision for a stronger America. President Barack Obama has earned the NEA’s recommendation because of his unwavering support for education and students and his commitment to a vibrant middle class. Do your part and pledge to be an educator for Obama today!

NJEA.org - Elections

Mitt Romney is hoping business owners will "make it very clear" to their employees what their political views are and how the November election results could impact their jobs.

At least that's what he told about 100,000 members of the National Federation of Independent Businesses during a Wednesday tele-townhall.

"I hope you make it very clear to your employees what you believe is in the best interest of your enterprise and therefore their job and their future in the upcoming elections," the Republican presidential nominee said. "And whether you agree with me or you agree with President Obama, or whatever your political view, I hope you pass those along to your employees."

Chuckling a bit, Romney added, "Nothing illegal about you talking to your employees about what you believe is best for the business, because I believe that will figure in to their election decision, their voting decision."

Yes. Now compare your post to the original.

Our votes determine our future. If I were an employer, I would be honest with my employees about how Obama's policies are going to have a negative effect and could threaten their job security.

The radical policies being created by EPA and Obamacare are job killers. People need to know that.

That would be your Conservative perspective. What about the Liberal perspective? In other words, brainwashing and intimidation are okay for Conservatives but not for Liberals?

If Obama is reelected many businesses can not afford the new regulations and policies and will have to shut down their companies.
This is what many companies around here where I live are saying, as well as all around the country.
Libs need to understand there is a big difference between facts and political scare tactics.

So why is Romney the one doing it? I guess he's a liberal.

And quit projecting. It gets old.

no one should feel threatened in any manner when they vote.

No one was "threatened"

There is nothing wrong with a business owner telling his employees that he thinks Obama's policies will be detrimental to the future of his company and that employees might want to consider that before voting.

The employer has no way of knowing who his employees vote for therefore there can be no intimidation.

Much ado about nothing....again.

Funny, Harry Reid did just that. He made employers intimidate employees, the even bussed them in to vote. :lol:

link?

I put it in post #30, but here it is again......with the emails telling managers to get their people out to vote on the busses provided. Harrah’s Bosses Put Squeeze on Employees to Vote in Pro-Reid Effort - By Elizabeth Crum - Battle

The Reid staffer then indicated that the culinary union had money available for more busses to take Harrah’s employees to the polls. The Reid staffer suggests that Harrah’s execs “put a headlock on your supervisors to get them to follow through.”

The staffer also offered Senator Reid’s personal involvement, writing, “PLEASE… PLEASE tell me how I can help. Would it help to have the Senator call Gary and help give you the backing you need?”

In her email to management, Harrah’s Batjer requested of her colleagues to “PLEASE do whatever we need” to communicate to company supervisors that there is “NOTHING more important than to get employees out to vote.”

She even issued an express endorsement. “Waking up to the defeat of Harry Reid Nov. 3 will be devastating for our industry’s future,” Batjer wrote.

They even kept a spead sheet of which employees voted and which ones didn't. ;)

So why is Romney the one doing it? I guess he's a liberal.

And quit projecting. It gets old.

Projecting?
I am not the one who says, that they will have to shut down their business because they can't afford the new regulations and policies. They said this way before Romney.
They said their business are just hanging on by a thread and if cap and trade goes through as well as new EPA regulations and the new Health Care bill they will be forced to shut their doors,because they can't afford all of that.
Facts are facts and Romney is telling the truth.

No. That's your perception, it matches his. I wouldn't be any happier if any democratic candidate said the same thing. It's NOT OKAY.

"what you believe is in the best interest of your enterprise and therefore their job and their future"

I get e-mails regularly from the union telling me exactly how to vote.

Is that coercion?

Forum List

Back