Would You Save Your Dog?

e14d894e25a420d632902c02f16fd4e4.jpg

Let the dog and the human die. Feel nothing for it.

Last edited:
Save a dog and it will be grateful, lick your hand, stand by your side forever more. Save a human and you will be sued for making the human uncomfortable in your lifesaving. The human will take your home, your business and anything you might have in the future. I'd save the dog and keep it.

I realize the point you're trying to make and there is merit in it but Christ, our example, healed the sick and the blind; removed demons from the possessed; and brought the dead to life. His historical actions always included humans yet I can't think of a single instance when He did the same for animals. Ultimately, He sacrificed Himself for the benefit of humans and one of His two great Commandments was to "love our neighbors." So, with that in mind, I would still have to consider the human soul to be at a higher level than an animal.

You are certainly entitled. I do not consider humans as a higher level than animals. Humans are defective animals. Jesus came for the benefit of humans because animals, already moral and sinless didn't need Him.

My earlier statement was based on my mistaken belief that you were a Christian. I was trying to appeal to your Christian nature but if you're not a Christian then I can clearly see why you would reject my statement. My bad.

I can be a Christian who loves animals. I can be a Christian who loves animals more than people since all are God's creatures, except for liberals who are the spawn of hell. Now suppose you let your beloved dog die, the dog that was faithful to you and would lay down his life for yours without thinking about it, and the person you saved was a liberal. Wouldn't you feel terrible about that? I would save my dog because my dog and I have an absolute unshakable bond. We trust one another. Either one of us would die for the other. That's an obligation that I have to my dog and my dog has to me.

I would save a strange dog rather than a strange person. It has a greater worth in the world than a person. God loves animals, Jesus blessed them. St. Francis of Assisi blessed them, the same as others bless people. I pick my loyalties carefully and human beings have none.

Saving a human over my beloved pet would be an extremely difficult thing to do but I would have to ask myself what Jesus would do in the same situation. Since His entire ministry was centered around saving humans I have no choice but to believe that it's within His will to save humans.

Here's a commandment direct from the mouth of Christ:

Matthew 22:39, "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

And Matthew 19:19, "Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

And Galatians 5:14, "For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

And John 13:34, "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another."

And John 15:12, "This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you."

And 1 John 3:23, "And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment."

And John 15:13, "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

There are many more verses that say the same thing. It's why I have to disagree with you. I would grieve deeply at the loss of my pet but I have to put my personal will in second place to God's will (especially in situations of life and death).

Do extremist have the inane inability to write coherent well thought out articles, or are they always juxtaposed and sketchy on facts and never the correct fashion of article writing using names and quote features like reputable media does?

"innate"....not "inane."

BTW.....your not being able to understand a post does not reflect on what a normal, educated, person would be able to glean.
Inanity is a state of existence and therefore closer to the true meaning of my intentions....

Proof that you live in a fantasy world and take advice from fictional characters. Answers a lot but not surprising.

I will quote whomever I wish, as Wisdom can be found in many places. You'd do well to remember it.​

Last edited:
Save a dog?

You people eat them where you come from,Big part of the southeast asian diet,see them cooking them on the street in the food stalls

And Batshit Boy proves himself a racist and an idiot yet again...

Save a dog and it will be grateful, lick your hand, stand by your side forever more. Save a human and you will be sued for making the human uncomfortable in your lifesaving. The human will take your home, your business and anything you might have in the future. I'd save the dog and keep it.

I realize the point you're trying to make and there is merit in it but Christ, our example, healed the sick and the blind; removed demons from the possessed; and brought the dead to life. His historical actions always included humans yet I can't think of a single instance when He did the same for animals. Ultimately, He sacrificed Himself for the benefit of humans and one of His two great Commandments was to "love our neighbors." So, with that in mind, I would still have to consider the human soul to be at a higher level than an animal.

You are certainly entitled. I do not consider humans as a higher level than animals. Humans are defective animals. Jesus came for the benefit of humans because animals, already moral and sinless didn't need Him.

My earlier statement was based on my mistaken belief that you were a Christian. I was trying to appeal to your Christian nature but if you're not a Christian then I can clearly see why you would reject my statement. My bad.

I can be a Christian who loves animals. I can be a Christian who loves animals more than people since all are God's creatures, except for liberals who are the spawn of hell. Now suppose you let your beloved dog die, the dog that was faithful to you and would lay down his life for yours without thinking about it, and the person you saved was a liberal. Wouldn't you feel terrible about that? I would save my dog because my dog and I have an absolute unshakable bond. We trust one another. Either one of us would die for the other. That's an obligation that I have to my dog and my dog has to me.

I would save a strange dog rather than a strange person. It has a greater worth in the world than a person. God loves animals, Jesus blessed them. St. Francis of Assisi blessed them, the same as others bless people. I pick my loyalties carefully and human beings have none.

Saving a human over my beloved pet would be an extremely difficult thing to do but I would have to ask myself what Jesus would do in the same situation. Since His entire ministry was centered around saving humans I have no choice but to believe that it's within His will to save humans.

Here's a commandment direct from the mouth of Christ:

Matthew 22:39, "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

And Matthew 19:19, "Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

And Galatians 5:14, "For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

And John 13:34, "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another."

And John 15:12, "This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you."

And 1 John 3:23, "And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment."

And John 15:13, "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

There are many more verses that say the same thing. It's why I have to disagree with you. I would grieve deeply at the loss of my pet but I have to put my personal will in second place to God's will (especially in situations of life and death).

There is nothing in any of those verses that mentions human beings at all. Even the citation from John doesn't define friends as only human friends. It seems that biblically I'm on pretty solid ground.

Did you ever have a dog that was happy each and every time you came home, no matter how long you were gone? Did your dog ever come to you for comfort during a storm or when there were strangers in the house? He looks to you because he's a member of your pack.

Now imagine your dog is in peril danger. He's looking to you, but you won't come because you're picking to save another human over him. His last moments will be filled with panic and fear and a sense of confusion because you abandoned him.

You didn't come.

Did you ever have a dog that was happy each and every time you came home, no matter how long you were gone? Did your dog ever come to you for comfort during a storm or when there were strangers in the house? He looks to you because he's a member of your pack.

Now imagine your dog is in peril danger. He's looking to you, but you won't come because you're picking to save another human over him. His last moments will be filled with panic and fear and a sense of confusion because you abandoned him....

"You" didn't abandon him, "you" acted like a human being.

Now imagine your dog is in peril danger. He's looking to you, but you won't come because you're picking to save another human over him. His last moments will be filled with panic and fear and a sense of confusion because you abandoned him.

You didn't come.

You could say the same thing about a human.

I didn't read the OP, never read her wacko, wandering rantings but -

I'd save the dog over many worthless and harmful humans.

Now imagine your dog is in peril danger. He's looking to you, but you won't come because you're picking to save another human over him. His last moments will be filled with panic and fear and a sense of confusion because you abandoned him....

"You" didn't abandon him, "you" acted like a human being.

I have no obligation towards another human being that isn't part of my family. I do have an obligation towards my dog, who is part of my family.

Save a dog?

You people eat them where you come from,Big part of the southeast asian diet,see them cooking them on the street in the food stalls

And Batshit Boy proves himself a racist and an idiot yet again...

Some cultures do eat dogs.

How is that racist?

when i was in SE asia in the late 60's i saw in many countries eating of dog

When you were in Southeast Asia, did you notice that South Korea is NOT in Southeast Asia, you racist fucking moron?

Forum List

Back