Would You Save Your Dog?

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
" So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them."
Genesis, 1:27

Therein we find the basis for the belief in the uniqueness of human life.

The more secular society becomes, the lower the value placed on human life, and, it seems the higher that of animals.
One cannot help but conjecture that the above characteristic is what resulted in 100 million humans having been slaughtered by secular big government in the last century.
As society moves away from the religious basis on which America was founded, we see more people with a skewed view of the value of people, and animals. (Please don't bring up 'animal kingdom...')

1. " Without God, without religion, the only value that can be taught is tolerance. When I speak to American students, the only value they hold is tolerance, meaning tolerance of every value. Two- thirds of high school seniors in the United States have voted in 15 years of my asking the question that if their dog and a stranger were both drowning, they would not save the stranger first.

Incidentally, you get different answers at religious schools. Secular students say, "I love my dog. I don't love the stranger." They have been raised on love as their only value. We religious, we quaint ones who believe in the "blackmailer in the sky," believe that humans are created in God's image and dogs are not.

Therefore, even though I do love my dogs more than strangers - I admit that - I would save a stranger before either of my dogs. That is how I would behave because I have a value system.

Now comes the issue of tolerance. In 15 years, not one kid who has voted to save the stranger ever said that the kids who would save their dog are wrong. What do they say? "They have their opinion. I have mine. I can't say they're wrong." I then say, " Well, wait a minute" - and I have this on video tape- "what if they would save their hamster - hamster! - before a person - before your mother?" "Can't say they're wrong" they respond, "that's their value system."
Dennis Prager.

And...a step beyond:

2. "The woman in the restaurant (and the video attached below) is Kelly Atlas. She is an Oakland, California-based activist, organizer and designer withDirect Action Everywhere. The group’s website says that it strives to “create a world where animal liberation is a reality.”
Woman Interrupts Restaurant Patrons With Tears and Screams 8216 This Isn 8217 t Food It 8217 s Violence 8217 Wait Until You See Why Video TheBlaze.com

I would save a dog that was a stranger before I would save a person that was a stranger. If it was my dog, there's no question. My dog is worth more than any stranger.

" So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them."

The more secular society becomes, the lower the value placed on human life, and, it seems the higher that of animals.
One cannot help but conjecture that the above characteristic is what resulted in 100 million humans having been slaughtered by secular big government in the last century.
As society moves away from the religious basis on which America was founded, we see more people with a skewed view of the value of people, and animals. (Please don't bring up 'animal kingdom...')

1. " Without God, without religion, the only value that can be taught is tolerance. When I speak to American students, the only value they hold is tolerance, meaning tolerance of every value. Two- thirds of high school seniors in the United States have voted in 15 years of my asking the question that if their dog and a stranger were both drowning, they would not save the stranger first.

Incidentally, you get different answers at religious schools. Secular students say, "I love my dog. I don't love the stranger." They have been raised on love as their only value. We religious, we quaint ones who believe in the "blackmailer in the sky," believe that humans are created in God's image and dogs are not.

Therefore, even though I do love my dogs more than strangers - I admit that - I would save a stranger before either of my dogs. That is how I would behave because I have a value system.

Now comes the issue of tolerance. In 15 years, not one kid who has voted to save the stranger ever said that the kids who would save their dog are wrong. What do they say? "They have their opinion. I have mine. I can't say they're wrong." I then say, " Well, wait a minute" - and I have this on video tape- "what if they would save their hamster - hamster! - before a person - before your mother?" "Can't say they're wrong" they respond, "that's their value system."
Dennis Prager.

And...a step beyond:

2. "The woman in the restaurant (and the video attached below) is Kelly Atlas. She is an Oakland, California-based activist, organizer and designer withDirect Action Everywhere. The group’s website says that it strives to “create a world where animal liberation is a reality.”
Woman Interrupts Restaurant Patrons With Tears and Screams 8216 This Isn 8217 t Food It 8217 s Violence 8217 Wait Until You See Why Video TheBlaze.com

1) The woman in the video is a total, Liberal nutcase and I'm not surprised that she's from Oakland, CA. I would say that "it's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there" but the fact of the matter is that it's not even a nice place to visit. We certainly didn't hear the nutcase crying over human abuse like abortion.

2) I love dogs a lot. I really feel more comfortable around dogs than I do most humans but if I came across a dog and a human in a life-and-death situation and could only save one of them I would save the human first because my spiritual/religious beliefs as well as my "gut instinct" would tell me so (unless the human was someone like Charles Manson or some highly treacherous/traitorous politician).

3) I wish I could adopt every poor, abused, hungry, and needy little dog in the world. I hate animal abuse and animal abusers but the fact of the matter is that I give to human charities far more often than I do to animal charities. I do support the idea of spay & neuter programs so that animal populations remain at a minimum.

Dennis Prager.

And...a step beyond:

Save a dog?

You people eat them where you come from,Big part of the southeast asian diet,see them cooking them on the street in the food stalls

Last edited:
Yes, I'd save one of my dogs before a stranger. I love my dogs and don't have feelings for strangers. In fact, the more I learn about people the more I like dogs. That includes religious folks. Sometimes, especially religious folks.

Dennis Prager.

And...a step beyond:

Save a dog?

You people eat them where you come from,Big part of the southeast asian diet,see them cooking them on the street in the food stalls

Troll #2 has arrived (and we were all taught when we were young what "#2" is).

Oh ... did I mention that I would save a dog before saving Godless_Asshat?
Lovely folks, you angry, self-hating Taliban wannabes.

And yet you fail to comment on Godless_Asshat's post. Tells everyone here where you stand on the OP's question. Not surprised.
Your only comment was one typical of the vulgarity and pointlessness coming christian extremists.

My "only" comment? Have you completely lost your last braincell? Read the third post from the top you blind bat!

just save 'em both...

SUPERWOMAN.jpg

Dennis Prager.

And...a step beyond:

Interesting to say the least!

It may be the emotional attachment people get to their dog that makes them want to save it. Them animals may just try doing the same for you and that earns respect. Now I currently do not own a dog and I THINK I would save a person I do not know before a hypothetical dog of mine but I understand the thought process.

What is interesting is if I know the person. There are some people I do not like and think the world would be a better place without. Would I think "damnit, I better save this jerk, he has a kid and wife" or just think of the trouble he causes and save the dog?

The God talk I mildly disagree with but I do think a society with at least a fear of Hell as retribution for doing evil things is better than one without. Damnation motivates people.

Suppose I could counter with the old talk about the evil people do in the name of god. The Christians have leveled off in the last several centuries. The Muslima and their 600 year newer religion are still acting like the Christians did 600 years ago. So I don't see a UNIVERSAL respect for life created by religion while I do see some trouble too many true believers without tolerance cause.

As said though, I think a society with some God in it is better as the fear keeps man acting a little better.

Yes, I'd save one of my dogs before a stranger. I love my dogs and don't have feelings for strangers. In fact, the more I learn about people the more I like dogs. That includes religious folks. Sometimes, especially religious folks.

Does that include 7-year-olds or 79-year-old ladies?
Good point. I probably would save a 7yo.

Save a dog and it will be grateful, lick your hand, stand by your side forever more. Save a human and you will be sued for making the human uncomfortable in your lifesaving. The human will take your home, your business and anything you might have in the future. I'd save the dog and keep it.

Forum List

Back