Would you hire an OWS'er?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
If a guy came in and had OWS participant on his resume, would you hire him? What if he went to jail for the cause? Would you hire him to be among the people who are gonna be expected to help your company thrive and profit? Does his attitude of aligning with OWS say anything about the type of employee you'll be getting?

If a guy came in and had OWS participant on his resume, would you hire him? What if he went to jail for the cause? Would you hire him to be among the people who are gonna be expected to help your company thrive and profit? Does his attitude of aligning with OWS say anything about the type of employee you'll be getting?

If he was qualified for the job, I would gladly hire him. Probably pay him a little extra for his American patriotism.

If he or she were one of those who quit their job
or ditched school to be part of this .. Hell no I wouldn't
hire them.

To be honest even if they didn't do those things I wouldn't hire them.

Why would he put OWS participant on his resume?

And of course I'd hire the individual if they met the qualifications.

EVERYBODY has things they're passionate about, politically or otherwise. You cannot enjoy life or really even succeed if you just immediately turn away from people who are differently minded than you and only live in your own little bubble of those who agree with you.

have to able to pass a drug and background test

doubt I'd see many OWS resumes

Last edited:
I would question the level of participation and the reasons for doing so. Chances are the explanation would probably make no sense (except "I was there for the free sex"). Then I would determine if he/she is a complete idiot, or just a curious college kid.

There are a lot of Ron Paul supporters at Occupy Philly. I am not a libertarian, but I respect many of their arguments.

Of course if the applicant was a complete hottie
she would be hired on the spot...

But that goes without saying.
If she looked like Rachel Maddow...well then.

Of course if the applicant was a complete hottie
she would be hired on the spot...

But that goes without saying.
If she looked like Rachel Maddow...well then.

Well then what? You'd ravish her right then and there?

You guys do realize that the only real issue with Rachael Maddow appearance wise that you have is her hair length, right? Her facial characteristics are not really any different positively or negatively from any other standard woman out there in society.

Having managed people for a long long time, I would definitely consider an OWS as motivation is often ahead of passivity. America has lost her 'can do' spirit and is spoiled today, these people may accomplish little in our partisan ideological present but they have spirit and they tried.

"A final word on politics. As in economics nothing is certain save the certainty that there will be firm prediction by those who do not know. It is possible that in some election, near or far, a presidential candidate will emerge in the United States determined to draw into the campaign those not now impelled to vote. Conceivably those so attracted - those who are not threatened by higher taxes and who are encouraged by the vision of a new governing community committed to the rescue of the cities and the impacted underclass - could outnumber those lost because of the resulting invasion of contentment. If this happens the effort would succeed." John Kenneth Galbraith 'The Culture of Contentment'

You guys do realize that the only real issue with Rachael Maddow appearance wise that you have is her hair length, right? Her facial characteristics are not really any different positively or negatively from any other standard woman out there in society.

her testicles skeeeve me

Those who would not hire an OWS protester have proven many things. The first is that they don't follow legal hiring practices. The second is that their rehtoric of "go get a job" is nothing but BS, because they wouldn't hire them anyway. The third thing is that the OWS protesters are right when it comes to the fact that the AMerican dream is severly hampered in this country by those who pick and choose who gets to live it. "I'll hire you but not you, and I'll hire you and not you. You have to go because my next door neighbors kid needs a job."

All those who would not hire OWS protesters could you be any more un-American?

her testicles skeeeve me

Her what? She's a lesbian, not a transgender.

Are you really that stereotypically homophobic? That's really all it is with Rachael Maddow. Homophobia. They can never really challenge what she says(she is remarkably intelligent I've observed), and instead just go for the gay bashing.

Those who would not hire an OWS protester have proven many things. The first is that they don't follow legal hiring practices. The second is that their rehtoric of "go get a job" is nothing but BS, because they wouldn't hire them anyway. The third thing is that the OWS protesters are right when it comes to the fact that the AMerican dream is severly hampered in this country by those who pick and choose who gets to live it. "I'll hire you but not you, and I'll hire you and not you. You have to go because my next door neighbors kid needs a job."

yes the actions and expressed political positions of the OWS should have nothing to do with hiring...like laws shouldnt apply to them either

unamerican

yes the actions and expressed political positions of the OWS should have nothing to do with hiring...like laws shouldnt apply to them either

unamerican

civil disobedience is by nature the breaking of laws peacefully. Violence erupts when athority representatives (police) use force against them in trying to get them to comply with the law. The law of averages puts criminals in the midst of peaceful protesters when the numbers get large enough. Had the Tea Party remained in the streets they too would have attracted the wrong elements, as it was they only attracted racists as their bad element.

civil disobedience is by nature the breaking of laws peacefully. Violence erupts when athority representatives (police) use force against them in trying to get them to comply with the law.

civil disobdience turns to criminal disobedience when you are placed under arrest and resist

force isn't used to get you to comply

force is used to arrest you once you fail to comply to the law we all have to comply with

failure obey and to enforce protest laws undermines and threatens the right of free and lawful protest for all

as to the OP

you want to work keep your suck shut on your political positions

civil disobedience is by nature the breaking of laws peacefully. Violence erupts when athority representatives (police) use force against them in trying to get them to comply with the law.

civil disobdience turns to criminal disobedience when you are placed under arrest and resist

force isn't used to get you to comply

force is used to arrest you once you fail to comply to the law we all have to comply with

failure obey and to enforce protest laws undermines and threatens the right of free and lawful protest for all

as to the OP

you want to work keep your suck shut on your political positions

If the protesters during the civil rights movement had complied there never would have been equality for the races. Don't you see that? Had the protesters in Egypt, and Libya complied they would still be in the same situation they were protesting against.

I didn't realize that their was a law requiring the stifling of political views as a prerequisite for gaining employment? are you sure about that?

If you believe what you have posted, and you own a business that employs those hiring practices then you are part of the reason the OWS protesters exist.

Forum List

Back