Would you hire an OWS'er?

If the protesters during the civil rights movement had complied there never would have been equality for the races.

civil rights protestors did not obey the specific laws that were later deemed unjust after arrest and due process through the legal system

not secondary law breaking to achieve a political end

rosa parks didnt set the bus on fire to prove discriminatory seating on a public conveyance was wrong

I didn't realize that their was a law requiring the stifling of political views as a prerequisite for gaining employment? are you sure about that?

If you believe what you have posted, and you own a business that employs those hiring practices then you are part of the reason the OWS protesters exist.

youre right no law

by all means puke your political positions and how business is evil and capitism must die at your next job interview

Why would he put OWS participant on his resume?

And of course I'd hire the individual if they met the qualifications.

EVERYBODY has things they're passionate about, politically or otherwise. You cannot enjoy life or really even succeed if you just immediately turn away from people who are differently minded than you and only live in your own little bubble of those who agree with you.

As someone who writes resumes for money, you wouldn't believe some of the things I've seen people put in their resumes...

I knew one gal who wrote in her resume "my current company changed ownership and I don't feel comfortable here anymore." She was really surprised when they fired her after that.

To the OP, though. I wouldn't particularly want to hire an OWS person because they seem to all think the world owes them. I'm going to college and someone else should pay for it.

If the protesters during the civil rights movement had complied there never would have been equality for the races.

civil rights protestors did not obey the specific laws that were later deemed unjust after arrest and due process through the legal system

not secondary law breaking to achieve a political end

rosa parks didnt set the bus on fire to prove discriminatory seating on a public conveyance was wrong

They started off protesting specific laws, and then the athorities told them to go home and they refused and then they were met with violence. Remember the fire hoses? The violence of school integration? That was the civil rights struggle.

This struggle is for the American dream and trying to keep it alive. Large protests attract unwanted individuals who are out for personal gain and have nothing to do with the protests. It is inevitable. To say that there should never be any protests due to this attraction is ridiculous. To say that the protesters need to police these individuals is unattainable. to get rid of protests is to get rid of what it means to be American.

This would be part of their resume if they put OWS supporter in description.

I shit on the American flag. Did drugs, drank, stunk up New York with garbage.. Just to name a few

Heres the poop on most of these assholes...............

They fail to realize that employers, above all, are trying to identify people of character. I do about 1/2 dozen interviews a week for a large human services organization. The FIRST thing I look for is employment history. A steady history of employment tells me something about the character of a person particualrly related to work ethic........otherwise, the candidate gets the "Thanks but no thanks" letter. Education is certainly a consideration but Ive fired lots and lots of smart people who dont have a committment to their job. Most of the nutters in the OWS movement have no clue about how to go about being successful. Most think they are owed something. Fcukk them. And most will be losers for their whole lives.........and if they are succesful, its because somebody gives them a cushy job they didnt have to work to get. Successful people work their balls off to get to where they are..........and thats why so many people have no respect for these assholes. They missed too many meetings..........and are the antithesis of what America is about.

Indeed.......the only people who care about the OWS crowd these days are internet trollers..........nobody else takes them seriously. In NYC where I am from, New Yorkers now view them as just part of the landscape of losers, like the crack addicts, homeless, or miserable anarchists.

Last edited:
Hiring a shitter has a history. Several companies went to the camp sites with hiring tables. Not one person filled out an application. It's an empty question since they aren't likely to apply for work anyway.

I didn't realize that their was a law requiring the stifling of political views as a prerequisite for gaining employment? are you sure about that?

If you believe what you have posted, and you own a business that employs those hiring practices then you are part of the reason the OWS protesters exist.

youre right no law

by all means puke your political positions and how business is evil and capitism must die at your next job interview

And there in lies the rub. I already work two jobs and am considering a third, The American Dream says that if I work hard I can get ahead and be successful. If I have to get a third job and work 16 hour days to save a little bit, then I tell you the American dream is broken. This isn't about capitalism and business being evil. This isn't even personal, this is about restoring the American Dream for everyone, not just those who can afford it.

And there in lies the rub. I already work two jobs and am considering a third, The American Dream says that if I work hard I can get ahead and be successful. If I have to get a third job and work 16 hour days to save a little bit, then I tell you the American dream is broken.

yes its America's fault

you shouldn't have to do

what you have to do

If a guy came in and had OWS participant on his resume, would you hire him? What if he went to jail for the cause? Would you hire him to be among the people who are gonna be expected to help your company thrive and profit? Does his attitude of aligning with OWS say anything about the type of employee you'll be getting?

because that would be on someone's resume, right?

man, you're as stupid as they come. :cuckoo:

youre right no law

the problem with your *ahem* assessment, is that most people don't want "capitalism [to] die", they just want corporate interests to stop trumping the interests of people....

but as long as you continue to mistate the positions of "most" of the "other side", you'll always see people who disagree with you as the enemy.

i'm figuring, just from what i've seen on this board, that there are a lot more rightwingnutbars who would "exercise their second amendment remedies" than there are people on the left who want "capitalism [to] die".

but keep lying. we expect it of rightwingnuts. :thup:

Last edited:

youre right no law

And there in lies the rub. I already work two jobs and am considering a third, The American Dream says that if I work hard I can get ahead and be successful. If I have to get a third job and work 16 hour days to save a little bit, then I tell you the American dream is broken. This isn't about capitalism and business being evil. This isn't even personal, this is about restoring the American Dream for everyone, not just those who can afford it.

I applaud your efforts by working 2, maybe 3 jobs, good for you.:clap2:

However millions of hardworking Americans have done the same when starting out, for generations. Working multiple jobs is not some new phenomenon that only these ows have been exposed to.
All but a handful of folks I know worked multiple jobs when starting out.

the problem with your *ahem* assessment, is that most people don't want "capitalism [to] die", they just want corporate interests to stop trumping the interests of people....

but as long as you continue to mistate the positions of "most" of the "other side", you'll always see people who disagree with you as the enemy.

ok

learn me

when has a corporation trumped your rights ?

And there in lies the rub. I already work two jobs and am considering a third, The American Dream says that if I work hard I can get ahead and be successful. If I have to get a third job and work 16 hour days to save a little bit, then I tell you the American dream is broken.

yes its America's fault

you shouldn't have to do

what you have to do

You need to quit trying to put this issue into a neatly labled box it won't work. It's not even Americas fault, it's nobodys fault and everyones fault at the same time. We all participated in the creation of this mess, and now we must all participate to clean it up. You're right I shouldn't have to do what I'm doing, but I'm doing it because it is the right thing to do. I'm pissed at the poor lazy bastards that won't get a job too, but I'm also pissed at the business leaders and political leaders as well, perhaps even more so. It is the business owner and the politician who actually have the power to do something about this, and they refuse. That imo is the problem. I combine Republicans and Democrats togather because their really is no difference between the two.

If someone thought that declaring themselves part of OWS was a benefit, of course it would be on a resume. People put all kinds of organizations and activities on resumes. Especially if the experience side is thin, a resume is bolstered by organizations, interests, activities and volunteerism.

Forum List

Back