• Reagan

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Clinton

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Bush, Jr.

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would not have voted for Kennedy, I would have voted for G.H.W.Bush, but he wasn't in the poll either. Why not? I vote for that neo-con nazi prick Bush Sr.

same reason kennedy isn't. only 10 choices.

I would of put the current president as I only gave him 2 weeks. If your looking for a reason it's helping in the destruction of the Dollar and the propping up of liquid assets.

why is jfk never on this list......

but worst i lived through....carter......

biggest bonehead manuver.....nixion and clinton getting caught......

We only get 10 choices and I didn't think anyone would pick Kennedy as the worst in the last 100.

If one puts Reagan there and not Kennedy it shows an inherent bias by the orginal poster of the thread.

Granted, Kennedy had somewhat minimal actual legislative impact vs a two termer, but people so often forget that his polling numbers were in decline just prior to his death - he was not nearly so admired as people wish to believe. His death secured his place in America because of the tragedy of that event, and the marked downturn in American society in general - the remainder of the 60's were quite tumultous.

That being said, Kennedy was a military Hawk, and reduced taxes which set up the economic growth of the mid to late 1960s, so he showed potential.

Lastly, the Democrat Party of Kennedy is not the Democrat Party of today. I am convinced Kennedy would be quite shocked at the remnants of his party. By today's Democrat standards, Kennedy would be a conservative Democrat or a moderate Republican - certainly nothing like Obama's apparent agenda...

When you consider Kenndy's own words "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country", there's a complete 180 in what the democrats have become. Just call it the entitilement party if you like. Amazingly I have heard people on the left spin Kennedy's words into meanng pay as much in taxes 'for the good of the country' as we ask you to.

I am curious as to why people think that FDR was a bad president. He was certainly popular in his time. Carter I can easily understand, Clinton I can understand, but why FDR? I can understand Johnson as a bad president, maybe not worst all time, but bad.

For me it would break down like this: worst liberal would be Carter

worst conservative would either be Hoover or Bush

Last edited:
I am curious as to why people think that FDR was a bad president. He was certainly popular in his time. Carter I can easily understand, Clinton I can understand, but why FDR? I can understand Johnson as a bad president, maybe not worst all time, but bad.

Popularity (contrary to what Obamabots wish to think) is not a determining factor as to whether one is doing 'good' or 'bad' in performance

interesting people with an honest take on jfk....

how about this one....if not for watergate......how good or bad a president was nixon.......

Nixon isn't the worst, even with Watergate. He got caught.

Agreed, Nixon was not the worst. He was one of the more liberal Republican presidents we have had though - on par with Bush II. He spread around a social agenda himself. Any time a guy starts compromising his conservative principles to gain the popularity of the left, he gets into trouble.

Stay the course you spineless bastards!

And here is a great article on JFK - pretty much sums up the impact of that assassination on our country - it really did give rise to the radical left we now see infesting the Democrat Party of today...

Kennedy - Myth and Reality

Nixon was only Liberal with his use of the word "******" that racist, scandalous, jackass

Popularity (contrary to what Obamabots wish to think) is not a determining factor as to whether one is doing 'good' or 'bad' in performance

Understood, but a substantial part of popularity is dependent on whether or not the voters think you are doing a good job. He was elected 4 times. If he was doing poorly, why reelect him?

So again I will ask, why do you think he was a bad president?

Nixon isn't the worst, even with Watergate. He got caught.

Agreed, Nixon was not the worst. He was one of the more liberal Republican presidents we have had though - on par with Bush II. He spread around a social agenda himself. Any time a guy starts compromising his conservative principles to gain the popularity of the left, he gets into trouble.

And here is a great article on JFK - pretty much sums up the impact of that assassination on our country - it really did give rise to the radical left we now see infesting the Democrat Party of today...

Nixon was only Liberal with his use of the word "******" that racist, scandalous, jackass

once again, you prove you have no clue what you're talking about. don't you ever get tired of trolling around, looking for ways to be offended?

nixon instituted wage/price controls, started the EPA, and signed the clean air act into law.

i feel bad for your students, if you're actually a teacher as you claim; you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground, about anything.

once again, you prove you have no clue what you're talking about. don't you ever get tired of trolling around, looking for ways to be offended?

nixon instituted wage/price controls, started the EPA, and signed the clean air act into law.

i feel bad for your students, if you're actually a teacher as you claim; you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground, about anything.

You are quite correct there. Some of the most inept members of our society are teachers.

Perhaps not a popular sentiment to share aloud, but quite true. I lived and breathed academia for many years and fought the established dumbed down group-think mentality that pervades our education system. The college level is quite liberal, but somewhat better than the K-12 junta. Many in here would be shocked at the degree to which complete morons infest the K-12 system.

It is frightening.

You are quite correct there. Some of the most inept members of our society are teachers.

Perhaps not a popular sentiment to share aloud, but quite true. I lived and breathed academia for many years and fought the established dumbed down group-think mentality that pervades our education system. The college level is quite liberal, but somewhat better than the K-12 junta. Many in here would be shocked at the degree to which complete morons infest the K-12 system.

It is frightening.

i can only speak from my experience personally and that of my children. i would say the good, dedicated teachers outnumbered the bad ones, but there is no doubt there are bad teachers just like there are bad lawyers, doctors, etc. i think the main problem in public education is the rapid proliferation of administrators. does a town of 15000 people really need a supt, 2 asst supt, numerous curriculum factotums, etc?
i don't think so.

sorry to be off topic, let's not derail the thread.

Carter not only set the bar extremely low, but he has remained in the public eye ever since. I guess he's just a glutton for punishment.

I think Georgie beats them all:
Biggest debt, Biggest deficit, 2nd Biggest National security desaster (After Pearl Harbor: 9/11), Biggest disapproval rating ( United States Presidential approval rating - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ), biggest lie in office (or at least most significant one: the reason for going to war), biggest failure in handling an economic crisis, Biggest damage to the international reputation of the US, First undemocratically elected president since the first president and then we might not forget to mention some unforgettable things like Katrina & violation of human rights (I might have forgotten some things, maybe someone else can add them)

Last edited:
I think Georgie beats them all:
Biggest debt, Biggest deficit, 2nd Biggest National security desaster (After Pearl Harbor: 9/11), Biggest disapproval rating ( United States Presidential approval rating - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ), biggest lie in office (or at least most significant one: the reason for going to war), biggest failure in handling an economic crisis, Biggest damage to the international reputation of the US, First undemocratically elected president since the first president and then we might not forget to mention some unforgettable things like Katrina & violation of human rights (I might have forgotten some things, maybe someone else can add them)

He's definitely up there. Bush reminds me of LBJ. Both were major failures, yet I only see one vote for LBJ. I guess we've got a lot of young people on this board.

Forum List

Back