Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Bush, Jr.

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

elvis

Rookie
Sep 15, 2008
Wilson, Harding, Hoover, Truman, Johnson, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, clinton, Bush II?

The three worst by far are woodrow wilson, FDR and LBJ.

Special mention to Nixon and Hoover.

I second Woodrow Wilson, followed by LBJ, Carter, FDR, and lastly, Nixon.

Reagan is the best Prez of the last 50 years - Teddy would be the best of the last 100 years.

I left off Carter, he's in a world of his own, he's actually the worst POTUS alltime.

Shows what happens when you post something while tired. :)

I left off Carter, he's in a world of his own, he's actually the worst POTUS alltime.

Shows what happens when you post something while tired. :)

Yes, Carter and LBJ are very close in being the worst President of the last 50 years, but I give the nod to LBJ because we continue to deal with the lasting impacts of his Great Society programs that greatly expanded the role of government.

Carter was just a complete and utter putz...

why is jfk never on this list......

but worst i lived through....carter......

biggest bonehead manuver.....nixion and clinton getting caught......

• Banned

We only get 10 choices and I didn't think anyone would pick Kennedy as the worst in the last 100.

We only get 10 choices and I didn't think anyone would pick Kennedy as the worst in the last 100.

he is not even close to the worst but he is an interesting discussion ..... but he always ends up off limits.....

• Banned

he is not even close to the worst but he is an interesting discussion ..... but he always ends up off limits.....

I personally think he was overrated. Great orator, though.

Difficult to say, but I voted for Reagan. The man's domestic policies were an orgy of neoliberal expansion.

EDIT: If it were just a matter of international affairs, I would have voted for Kennedy.

Carter is definitely the worst.

Note: that all the other Presidents mentioned in this poll--DID SOMETHING--especially when it came to the economy--by trying to bring them out of recessions.

Jimmy Carter was the ONLY President I can think of in history that had the worst economic mess since the Great Depression, including the one we're going through now, that did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. He didn't even try to do anything.

I know, I was there & also ran a small business & still managed to survive the Carter administration, by the skin of our teeth.

I have to laugh at you people who pick Ronald Reagan as the worst. Do you realize that Reagan won his 1st election in a 49 state landslide sweep? The 2nd term was handily won also, but I don't remember the count, but it was over very early. No other President in history has ever done that. Only one other Vice-President in U.S. history succeeded in following his predessor. That would be George Bush 1. HELLO! It wasn't because people didn't think he was a good President. Ronald Reagan is still the most loved of any past President in recent history.

Last edited:

If one puts Reagan there and not Kennedy it shows an inherent bias by the orginal poster of the thread.

Granted, Kennedy had somewhat minimal actual legislative impact vs a two termer, but people so often forget that his polling numbers were in decline just prior to his death - he was not nearly so admired as people wish to believe. His death secured his place in America because of the tragedy of that event, and the marked downturn in American society in general - the remainder of the 60's were quite tumultous.

That being said, Kennedy was a military Hawk, and reduced taxes which set up the economic growth of the mid to late 1960s, so he showed potential.

Lastly, the Democrat Party of Kennedy is not the Democrat Party of today. I am convinced Kennedy would be quite shocked at the remnants of his party. By today's Democrat standards, Kennedy would be a conservative Democrat or a moderate Republican - certainly nothing like Obama's apparent agenda...

interesting people with an honest take on jfk....

how about this one....if not for watergate......how good or bad a president was nixon.......

I'm just not feeling it with this group. I wanted to vote for Chester A. Arthur so bad, but he served over 100 years ago........oh well.

how about this one....if not for watergate......how good or bad a president was nixon.......

Nixon isn't the worst, even with Watergate. He got caught.

Agreed, Nixon was not the worst. He was one of the more liberal Republican presidents we have had though - on par with Bush II. He spread around a social agenda himself. Any time a guy starts compromising his conservative principles to gain the popularity of the left, he gets into trouble.

Stay the course you spineless bastards!

And here is a great article on JFK - pretty much sums up the impact of that assassination on our country - it really did give rise to the radical left we now see infesting the Democrat Party of today...

Kennedy - Myth and Reality

Agreed, Nixon was not the worst. He was one of the more liberal Republican presidents we have had though - on par with Bush II. He spread around a social agenda himself. Any time a guy starts compromising his conservative principles to gain the popularity of the left, he gets into trouble.

Stay the course you spineless bastards!

And here is a great article on JFK - pretty much sums up the impact of that assassination on our country - it really did give rise to the radical left we now see infesting the Democrat Party of today...

Kennedy - Myth and Reality

would you have voted for Kennedy in this poll?

I would not have voted for Kennedy, I would have voted for G.H.W.Bush, but he wasn't in the poll either. Why not? I vote for that neo-con nazi prick Bush Sr.

Forum List

Back