World Wide Civil Unrest - World War III?

since my reply of 01-28-2011, 06:32 PM that said I think we are in 1933.....

due to several issues, the salient ones being; hezbollahs final push to take control in Lebanon, Egypts "change", Kims regime carrying on into a new generation, I am advancing my time line to 1934.

Very close, but you may need a bit more advancing by a few years.

I saw that on the news this morning Huggy and felt great sadness. And deep anger. They showed the photos of the four people and they looked like nice people--somebody's moms, dads, brothers, sisters, etc. And they were saying that the yacht these folks were on was something like 300 miles out when the pirates intercepted them--well away from Somalia. Those are dangerous waters these days, and your idea of just obliterating the whole mess feels real good in the face of such senseless murder.

Noted that the situation in Lybia and Yemen are escalating and becoming ever more serious and the Iranian warships are on the move again headed off the Israeli coast eventually to make port in Syria.

When you look at all the myriad countries in turmoil right now, it does make one wonder.

Add the threatened NFL strike to the overall turmoil. Not violent or dangerous but certainly indicative of the times when multi millionaires strike for a better deal?

A review of history in the early 20th century shows general civil unrest.

Widespread unemployment, unstable money supplies and other resources, and general disatisfaction with unresponsive authoritarian government led to increasing pockets of unrest in Europe, most especially Germany, in the Communist countries, and led to overthrow of governments resulting in even more oppressive regime seizing power. Economies were destablized; currencies were put at risk; and opportunistic nations looked for ways to capitalize on the unrest.

Result: World War I and World War II.

Now we see riots in Barcelona, in France, growing unrest in the UK, in Albania, and now in the Middle East with widespread government protests in Egypt and Jordan who, not insignificantly, are the only allies Israel has in that area.

Today oil is rising drastically and the markets are plunging as investors scramble to protect their assets in the fact of a possible civil war in Egypt alone.

And we have North Korea, China, Iran, Venezuela, and a few other places, all friendly to each other, and none the true friend of the Western World possibly looking for ways to capitalize on the unrest. Certainly Hamas and Hezbollah are watching and will likely make a move if they feel that world attention is diverted from Israel.

Are we moving to the brink of World War III?

The End of Days is upon us...

One of the First Signs was Mama Mia. :thup:

:)

peace...

:lol: at Mal.

Morning news: Violence escalating in Lybia and protests continuing in Yeman, Iran, Bahrain and Jordan--quieter in Egypt but the protesters have not yet all gone home. Iranian warships continue through the canal to the Mediterranean where presumably they will head for Syria for some cooperative 'war games' that Israel sees as provocative. We apparently are going to do nothing re the pirates murdering Americans.

Obama and his Secretary of State seem pretty impotent in all this.

There are new riots in Greece, recently bailed out by the USA and EU when it went totally bankrupt, because it is now trying to balance the budget by cutting back on social entitlements and the people are screaming.

And on the domestic front New Jersey, Indiana, and Ohio are on the front pages along with Wisconsin and Arizona is making the first daring move to deny social services--jobs, drivers' licenses, education etc.--to illegal immigrants and that is almost certain to generate huge new protests.

The market is nervous over oil prices and supply, but seems to be responding favorably to the radical efforts toward fiscal sanity.

Interesting times. . . . .

Last edited:
Depends whether particular nations develop monopolies on resources, and how much they charge for them. As for domestic economies, the police and the military will enforce order or if incapable then a revolution and more than likely a more brutal regime in power will result. But I don't see global economic collapse just yet.

Depends whether particular nations develop monopolies on resources, and how much they charge for them. As for domestic economies, the police and the military will enforce order or if incapable then a revolution and more than likely a more brutal regime in power will result. But I don't see global economic collapse just yet.

Well now let's think about that for a minute.

IF, Islamic jihadist fundamenalists determined to destroy the evil infidel of the West should take control of all or most of the Middle East oil fields and withhold that oil to intentionally collapse western economies, what would be our response to that?

Which side would other powers such as Russia and China take?

One reason so many eyes are on the unrest in Egypt and Jordan right now is that those are the ONLY Middle East nations that are friendly toward Israel. If they should withdraw that support and more especially turn against Israel--a distinct possibility if Islamic Jihadist Fundamentalist seize control in those countries, the Arab world may see that as opportunity to finally rid themselves of the "abomination" that they see Israel to be.

If that should happen, who would support the assault of Israel?

And who would come to its defense?

And when you think about the ramifications of that, World War III doesn't look so implausible anymore.l

Let's just hope and pray that if the shit really hits the fan, that Obama allows the military to go do what they need to do without interference from the White House, Congress or the MSM.

Well, if one believes in the Bible, then we are headed towards a very distinct future that has been spoken of already.

And with each year that passes, more and more of those thousands year old speakings become reality. Left wing atheists still deny this. Yet, predicted events keep becoming real history.

We are in year 5771 - 5772 out of the six millennium given. We have the date of the maximum. No more than six thousand years shall there be. But, it could be tomorrow.

According to the Talmud, the Midrash, and the Kabbalistic work, the Zohar, the 'deadline' by which the Messiah must appear is 6000 years from creation. A majority of Orthodox and Hasidic Jews believe that the Hebrew calendar dates back to the time of creation; the year 2009-2010 (the Hebrew New Year beings during September or October) of the Gregorian calendar corresponds to the Hebrew year 5771 - 5772.

Two things, Three Events:

Huge solar flare jams radio, satellite signals: NASA

and…

Mubarak is in a coma:

Report: Mubarak in coma, no decision on move to hospital

and:

Ben Ali deposed leader of Tunisia has also fallen into a coma:

'Deposed Tunisian president is in a coma'

At the very least, we are in interesting times. The prophetic times will rush upon us like a windstorm.

Tonight I was reading a piece that there are now protests in Saudi Arabia though of a more civil variety than what we are seeing in some other countries. The Saudi King is funneling mega billions into health care, education, jobs, and infrastructure, but apparently the people are seeing that as another temporary fix and are not pleased with it. They are wanting more freedom and ability to determine their own destiny--asking for a government more like what they have in Kuwait.

Tonight I was reading a piece that there are now protests in Saudi Arabia though of a more civil variety than what we are seeing in some other countries. The Saudi King is funneling mega billions into health care, education, jobs, and infrastructure, but apparently the people are seeing that as another temporary fix and are not pleased with it. They are wanting more freedom and ability to determine their own destiny--asking for a government more like what they have in Kuwait.

Amazing times. I believe that any demands of the people on a government of their style of Democracy will keep them busy dealing with the needs and newer rights of their people.

An pan Arabian peace deal with Israel would be nice, but it sure looks as though that will not happen now. Letting Iran immediately through, before any real transitions have been made is a clear sign of leadership in control. Plans within plans, whorls within whorls. I believe that the game is seriously afoot. Pieces are being moved in preparation.

World War 3? Well, if it does happen, I guess all I can say is, I'll be among the military members. I can't really say my feelings on it, I mean, if someone bombs the US and we find out it really was them, then let's do it, but honestly, I doubt that is how a major war will start. I understand people opposing it, but I personally do not claim to know whether we are better off without a conflict or not. I just hope the economy can get better for the common man. I have NO idea about economics, I took Honors Economics last semester and that consisted of 'self-finance' basically teaching kids how to not screw themselves with credit cards, which anyone with common sense (at least too me) should know how NOT to do.

I hope that the world changes, I would not want to start a family in this economy, but I also know I am going to do my best to be the best for the country I was born & raised in. My opinion is this: What happens, happens, and all I can say is I am doing my best to educate myself, and learn from others, and better myself daily. I know it sounds corny, but that is the best I have.

Your best is almost certainly more than most people even attempt to give, and thank you for your service.

My hope is that people like you won't be thrown away or sacrificed or put at risk for anything that you would not choose to fight for whether or not you are in the military. And I would feel completely blessed and at peace if I could see a world that intercepted and stopped the bad guys before they could create chaos and our young men and women would never need to be put at risk in war again.

Well, to be honest, my contract says I will follow orders, and that is all I know to do at this point. I mean, if they tell me to go in and attack a nation, I will, and I only have hope it is for the right reasons. I may sound like a robot or something, but frankly, that's how I see it.

Thanks for thanking me, but I am just ready to ship out and get through Basic/Tech School and finally get to wear the Air Force ABU, that is going to be a moment in my life I'll never forget.

And if they order you to bomb Houston or Chicago ? "Just following orders sir".
Idiot.

If I remember right they actually do have localized elections in Saudi. Up to and including Mayors and certain regional Government positions.

It's probably an isolated event, but add to the puzzle that a Saudi college student was arrested for plans to blow up former President Bush's Dallas home among other things.

WASHINGTON -- A young college student from Saudi Arabia studying chemical engineering in Texas purchased explosive chemicals over the Internet as part of a plan to hide bomb materials inside dolls and baby carriages to blow up dams, nuclear plants or the Dallas home of former President George W. Bush, the Justice Department said Thursday.

"It is war ... until the infidels leave defeated," the student wrote in online postings.

One of the chemical companies, Carolina Biological Supply of Burlington, N.C., reported suspicious purchases by Khalid Ali-M Aldawsari, 20, of Lubbock, Texas, to the FBI on Feb. 1. Within weeks, federal agents had traced his other online purchases, discovered extremist posts he made on the Internet and secretly searched his apartment, computer and e-mail accounts and read his diary, according to court records.

Saudi Student Charged With Plotting to Bomb Bush House

It's probably an isolated event, but add to the puzzle that a Saudi college student was arrested for plans to blow up former President Bush's Dallas home among other things.

WASHINGTON -- A young college student from Saudi Arabia studying chemical engineering in Texas purchased explosive chemicals over the Internet as part of a plan to hide bomb materials inside dolls and baby carriages to blow up dams, nuclear plants or the Dallas home of former President George W. Bush, the Justice Department said Thursday.

"It is war ... until the infidels leave defeated," the student wrote in online postings.

One of the chemical companies, Carolina Biological Supply of Burlington, N.C., reported suspicious purchases by Khalid Ali-M Aldawsari, 20, of Lubbock, Texas, to the FBI on Feb. 1. Within weeks, federal agents had traced his other online purchases, discovered extremist posts he made on the Internet and secretly searched his apartment, computer and e-mail accounts and read his diary, according to court records.

Gee, I wonder what made chemical purchases by Khalid Ali-M Aldawsari "suspicious?"

:eek::eek::eek:

Seems to me Mssr. Aldawsari has grounds for a Civil Law Suite Against Carolina Biological Supply !!!! UNFAIR AND BIAS PROFILING!!!

WHERE IS THE ACLU!!!!!:evil:

Gee, I wonder what made chemical purchases by Khalid Ali-M Aldawsari "suspicious?"

Seems to me Mssr. Aldawsari has grounds for a Civil Law Suite Against Carolina Biological Supply !!!! UNFAIR AND BIAS PROFILING!!!

For those who do not get sarcasm.

@ FoxFyre

When do so many isolated event not get compiled?

To keep them seen as isolated maybe?

Don't give them any Ideas.

Forum List

Back