World Wide Civil Unrest - World War III?

I bet the ACLU is looking for some way to capitalize on it.

Why didn't Carolina Biological Supply think that purchases by Mr. Smith, or Mrs. Jones were "suspicious?"

I think they should be required to submit all of their sales records for the past 20 years so we can do a statistical review that proves conclusively the company is bias against Arabs.

It shouldn't cost them more than $2-3 million, but its a small price to pay to maintain our civil liberties.:cool:

It's probably an isolated event, but add to the puzzle that a Saudi college student was arrested for plans to blow up former President Bush's Dallas home among other things.

Gee, I wonder what made chemical purchases by Khalid Ali-M Aldawsari "suspicious?"

:eek::eek::eek:

Seems to me Mssr. Aldawsari has grounds for a Civil Law Suite Against Carolina Biological Supply !!!! UNFAIR AND BIAS PROFILING!!!

WHERE IS THE ACLU!!!!!:evil:

For those who do not get sarcasm.

@ FoxFyre

When do so many isolated event not get compiled?

To keep them seen as isolated maybe?

Okay, it occurred to me that a single college kid working alone probably would not be doing this. BUT. . . .without evidence that it is part of a larger plot, I'm not ready to jump to that conclusion. I do think the feds probably are exploring that possibility though.

We know that there are many MANY such attempts going on out there. Why this one got publicized and others don't, I don't know. But I do know it is incidents like this that justify the Patriot Act and it is incidents like this that keep the Patriot Act one of the most bipartisan bills ever passed and both Democrats and Republicans voting to keep it funded.

Last edited:
Gee, I wonder what made chemical purchases by Khalid Ali-M Aldawsari "suspicious?"

:eek::eek::eek:

Seems to me Mssr. Aldawsari has grounds for a Civil Law Suite Against Carolina Biological Supply !!!! UNFAIR AND BIAS PROFILING!!!

WHERE IS THE ACLU!!!!!:evil:

For those who do not get sarcasm.

@ FoxFyre

When do so many isolated event not get compiled?

To keep them seen as isolated maybe?

Okay, it occurred to me that a single college kid working alone probably would not be doing this. BUT. . . .without evidence that it is part of a larger plot, I'm not ready to jump to that conclusion. I do think the feds probably are exploring that possibility though.

We know that there are many MANY such attempts going on out there. Why this one got publicized and others don't, I don't know. But I do know it is incidents like this that justify the Patriot Act and it is incidents like this that keep the Patriot Act one of the most bipartisan bills ever passed and both Democrats and Republicans voting to keep it funded.

Great answer. Thank you. I don't see a global conspiracy personally. I see a cultural dis-convergence in the border wars.

Since there is one factor continually popping up in all the other variables that are changing (with respect to the border wars) and this, to my view shows where the disconnect forms.

We obviously should start thinking about pulling troops back to defensible borders....

Ya just never know.....

Well, you think it's time. And I think it's time. That makes two of us that are very unimportant in the scheme of things. Unfornately, I don't think our gov't has any intentions of pulling out of anywhere. Or of even thinning out the soldiers. I believe we've stuck our noses into the business of so many nations that we think we are invincible and can do anything we wish. We are a very arrogant country. And for that we are hated by most.

We obviously should start thinking about pulling troops back to defensible borders....

Ya just never know.....

Well, you think it's time. And I think it's time. That makes two of us that are very unimportant in the scheme of things. Unfornately, I don't think our gov't has any intentions of pulling out of anywhere. Or of even thinning out the soldiers. I believe we've stuck our noses into the business of so many nations that we think we are invincible and can do anything we wish. We are a very arrogant country. And for that we are hated by most.

Arrogant maybe, Proud definitely, But hated by most? I don't think so.

Ya just never know.....

Of all countries that people would choose if they wanted to live somewhere other than where they do live, the USA heads more lists than any other in the world. The USA gets more applications for legal immigration and green cards than any other nation in the world. The USA has more people sneaking into it illegally than any other country in the world.

Hated by most? Not from my perspective.

Depends whether particular nations develop monopolies on resources, and how much they charge for them. As for domestic economies, the police and the military will enforce order or if incapable then a revolution and more than likely a more brutal regime in power will result. But I don't see global economic collapse just yet.

Well now let's think about that for a minute.

IF, Islamic jihadist fundamenalists determined to destroy the evil infidel of the West should take control of all or most of the Middle East oil fields and withhold that oil to intentionally collapse western economies, what would be our response to that?

Which side would other powers such as Russia and China take?

One reason so many eyes are on the unrest in Egypt and Jordan right now is that those are the ONLY Middle East nations that are friendly toward Israel. If they should withdraw that support and more especially turn against Israel--a distinct possibility if Islamic Jihadist Fundamentalist seize control in those countries, the Arab world may see that as opportunity to finally rid themselves of the "abomination" that they see Israel to be.

If that should happen, who would support the assault of Israel?

And who would come to its defense?

And when you think about the ramifications of that, World War III doesn't look so implausible anymore.l

Response to oil shortage:

In the short term: global oil crisis
In the long term: switch to biofuel, hydrogen and electric

Result of US withdrawal:

Russia and China will form a bloc, or Russia and Iran will form a bloc, in either case there would always be opposition to Iran and Islamic fundamentalism. It's rather naive for people to view the US withdrawal as the end of foreign influence on the region, merely replace one powerful nation with another (but Bin Laden, Michael Moore and friends can keep to their fantasy).

If US cuts financial support to Israel, UN sanctions imposed on Israel, and Islamic nations become more aggressive and violent:

Then extreme religious and extreme nationalist parties would take majority control of Knesset (the types of people that would just kick all the Pales out, and kill them all if they resist), at least with US support moderate and secular parties have power, if the anti-semite crowd got their wish and the US stopped supporting Israel, then the Pales and UN would be kicked out on their ass (and the Palestinian state nothing more than a dead fantasy no one believes in anymore).

Personally my hope is that some day the arabs will realize that Fatah, Hamas and extreme parties in Israel are the problem, and that the atmosphere of fear and hate has done nothing more than harden hearts and make it impossible to reach a fear agreement.

If the Pales, Arabs, Anti-Semites and crew removed Hamas and Fatah from power in favor of more secular parties*, and stopped hating on Israel for a few years they would find equally moderate and secular parties elected in Israel, the result being a formal peace, establishment of two states and most likely dual citizenship and land rights.

*This will never happen of course as they hate Jews so much, and have fought wars and committed enough genocides against them over the centuries (dating back to the middle ages), and they couldn't conceive a world with Jews in existence. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
A review of history in the early 20th century shows general civil unrest.

Widespread unemployment, unstable money supplies and other resources, and general disatisfaction with unresponsive authoritarian government led to increasing pockets of unrest in Europe, most especially Germany, in the Communist countries, and led to overthrow of governments resulting in even more oppressive regime seizing power. Economies were destablized; currencies were put at risk; and opportunistic nations looked for ways to capitalize on the unrest.

Result: World War I and World War II.

Now we see riots in Barcelona, in France, growing unrest in the UK, in Albania, and now in the Middle East with widespread government protests in Egypt and Jordan who, not insignificantly, are the only allies Israel has in that area.

Today oil is rising drastically and the markets are plunging as investors scramble to protect their assets in the fact of a possible civil war in Egypt alone.

And we have North Korea, China, Iran, Venezuela, and a few other places, all friendly to each other, and none the true friend of the Western World possibly looking for ways to capitalize on the unrest. Certainly Hamas and Hezbollah are watching and will likely make a move if they feel that world attention is diverted from Israel.

Are we moving to the brink of World War III?

WEll there are similarities between the turn of the 20th century and the turn of the 21st...

For example...European nations were very economically interdependent, yet they still managed to get themselves embroiled in a stipid STUPID war that ultimately detroyed the world's economy for nearly two decades.

And now, now that the economic interdependence includes most of the world, we find ourselves seemingly poised for another convulsion of stupid war.

Wars are often about TRADE.

WWI certainly was the battle between the British, French, Austo-Hapburg and Romanov Empires to dominate world's trade and colonialization.

It isn't too much of a stretch to see something like that happening again, since once again, we are seeing rising mercantile empires (Asian) at odds with better established Western mercantile empires.

I don;t see anything on the horizon, but the stage is set for hostilities if the respective masters of these empries get especially stupid.

Widespread unemployment, unstable money supplies and other resources, and general disatisfaction with unresponsive authoritarian government led to increasing pockets of unrest in Europe, most especially Germany, in the Communist countries, and led to overthrow of governments resulting in even more oppressive regime seizing power. Economies were destablized; currencies were put at risk; and opportunistic nations looked for ways to capitalize on the unrest.

Now we see riots in Barcelona, in France, growing unrest in the UK, in Albania, and now in the Middle East with widespread government protests in Egypt and Jordan who, not insignificantly, are the only allies Israel has in that area.

Today oil is rising drastically and the markets are plunging as investors scramble to protect their assets in the fact of a possible civil war in Egypt alone.

And we have North Korea, China, Iran, Venezuela, and a few other places, all friendly to each other, and none the true friend of the Western World possibly looking for ways to capitalize on the unrest. Certainly Hamas and Hezbollah are watching and will likely make a move if they feel that world attention is diverted from Israel.

WEll there are similarities between the turn of the 20th century and the turn of the 21st...

For example...European nations were very economically interdependent, yet they still managed to get themselves embroiled in a stipid STUPID war that ultimately detroyed the world's economy for nearly two decades.

And now, now that the economic interdependence includes most of the world, we find ourselves seemingly poised for another convulsion of stupid war.

WWI certainly was the battle between the British, French, Austo-Hapburg and Romanov Empires to dominate world's trade and colonialization.

It isn't too much of a stretch to see something like that happening again, since once again, we are seeing rising mercantile empires (Asian) at odds with better established Western mercantile empires.

I don;t see anything on the horizon, but the stage is set for hostilities if the respective masters of these empries get especially stupid.

"Respective Masters of these Empires?" Who would that be?

You've been playing too much Risk.

My rough estimation of the cause of WW-I (the best approximate commparable) is that there were at that historical moment a great number of unresolved problems, and a great number of people who could see opportunities in the mix.

My rough estimation of the cause of WW-I (the best approximate commparable) is that there were at that historical moment a great number of unresolved problems, and a great number of people who could see opportunities in the mix.

And in my understanding of 20th Century World History, you would be correct.

In both Germany and Russia widespread unemployment, shortages of essential goods, an unstable and unreliable money supply coupled with unresponsive governments opened the door for Hitler and Lenin followed by Stalin. Similar internal chaos inside China did in the imperial dynasties leaving the path clear for a Mao Tse Tung.

Now we are seeing in country after country protests due to many of the same human problems with resulting pressure to weaken and topple unresponsive authoritarian governments.

This leaves a vacuum for a charismatic and opportunistic type to step up and seize the reins. If he is a good person, great. If not, we could have many Hitlers and Lenin/Stalins on our hands for the 21st Century experience.

Last edited:

Yes, I agree, but editec mentioned PRESENT "rising mercantile empires at odds with better established mercantile empires" and the "respective masters of these empires."

I'm wondering: who these "Masters" are?

In both Germany and Russia widespread unemployment, shortages of essential goods, an unstable and unreliable money supply coupled with unresponsive governments opened the door for Hitler and Lenin followed by Stalin. Similar internal chaos inside China did in the imperial dynasties leaving the path clear for a Mao Tse Tung.

Now we are seeing in country after country protests due to many of the same human problems with resulting pressure to weaken and topple unresponsive authoritarian governments.

This leaves a vacuum for a charismatic and opportunistic type to step up and seize the reins. If he is a good person, great. If not, we could have many Hitlers and Lenin/Stalins on our hands for the 21st Century experience.

"Now we are seeing in country after country protests?"

Frankly, I liken the ME protests to the USA, 1969-1974.

LBJ refused to run for office, Nixon resigned, and the social fabric of the USA was ripped apart, but it didn't cause WW III.

Yes, I agree, but editec mentioned PRESENT "rising mercantile empires at odds with better established mercantile empires" and the "respective masters of these empires."

I'm wondering: who these "Masters" are?
Present situations needn't; but it depends on who the bad actors are, and the risks versus gains. A lot would be based on perception of American strength, and of how perishable opportunites are.

Well, if one believes in the Bible, then we are headed towards a very distinct future that has been spoken of already.

And with each year that passes, more and more of those thousands year old speakings become reality. Left wing atheists still deny this. Yet, predicted events keep becoming real history.

Conservatives like me deny it too... It's fucking dumb.

Well I'm a Conservative....and Thank God not one like you.

See everyone...not all conservatives are Christian, not with attitudes like this.

"Now we are seeing in country after country protests?"

Frankly, I liken the ME protests to the USA, 1969-1974.

LBJ refused to run for office, Nixon resigned, and the social fabric of the USA was ripped apart, but it didn't cause WW III.

There was no serious effort, except for a few nuts, to overthrow the existing government during the worst of the riots back then though. Those protesters were protesting the 'establishment' or protesting the war or some other issue. But the U.S. Constitution is strong with enough people who understand what it is supposed to accomplish that a few war protestors or college numbnuts were no threat to the stability of the USA. Our system of government provides checks and balances and the rights of the people are not dramatically affected by who is at the helm and any changes at the top are accomplished in an orderly and lawful manner. Theory and policy will change from administration to administration but only in a limited manner. The lifes and fortunes of the people are generally not dramatically altered according to who is in the White House or Congress.

But in Iran they are demanding that the leadership step down. In Egypt they were demanding that the leadership step down. In Tunisia they were demanding the leadership step down. In Lybia they are demanding that the leadership step down. And if the Saudi and Jordan and Morroco monarchies are unable to cool the fires, it is likely the mobs will be demanding that the leadership be removed. In each case there is no process for an orderly transfer of power and the situation is ripe for a worse devil than the one they know to seize power.

Last edited:
Update: according to the Albuquerque Journal this morning, the Obama Administration has now slapped sanctions on Lybia.

But then there is this newscast explaining how we are 'building relationships' in other troubled nations by recently funneling $770 million of U.S. taypayer monies into repairing mosques in various Middle East countries:

Mosque Makeovers With Your Tax Dollars - Video - WSB Atlanta

I'm curious whether even our strongest Obama supporters might have a problem with this?

Update: according to the Albuquerque Journal this morning, the Obama Administration has now slapped sanctions on Lybia.

But then there is this newscast explaining how we are 'building relationships' in other troubled nations by recently funneling $770 million of U.S. taypayer monies into repairing mosques in various Middle East countries:

I'm curious whether even our strongest Obama supporters might have a problem with this?

But that's less than one Billion

But that's less than one Billion

But you know what Ollie, a thousand dollars is a lot of money to me. I would like to know that my elected leaders treat a thousand dollars taken from me in taxes with upmost respect and make sure I get my full money's worth when it is spent.

A million dollars is a fortune--enough for me to live in luxury the rest of my life. I won't pay but a fraction of that when all taxes I have paid in a lifetime are added together. And a billion is too big a number for me to even get my mind around.

If the federal government authorized even a few thousand to patch up U.S. synagogue and churches, the hue and cry of angry protest would be deafening.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back