World Cup 2010

Just under 2 hours before we see the start of one of the biggest upsets in sports history.

USA 2- England 1.

You heard it here first.

I hope so. I have a bet on that outcome!

I have a house full of Brits and Yanks to watch the game! :lol::lol: Whichever way it goes, some are gonna be cranky.

France - Uruguay: 0-0 .

It seems Mexicans lacked determination. They ought to shoot 1st goal in the first half. They were so close ...

I hope, one day non-european and non-south-american nation would win world cup!

Oh man, Mexico started off so strong, they dominated most of the first half but yeah after the void goal it just looked like they kinda fell apart and the game got much closer. South Africa shone the second half though; pretty good game, could've been better.

France Uruguay was terribly boring, though. I was rooting for uruguay cuz I want SA and Mexico to go through, but really both teams were very so-so, I'm guessing France was the big disappointment.

Argentina Nigeria (1-0) was pretty good, but again, like Mexico, Argentina started off just killer; it looked like it was gonna be a landslide. First 20 minutes or so it was just a barrage and man can they play. By the end of the first half it started getting boring again, but picked up on the second half. A couple of times it looked like Nigeria could really pull off the draw toward the very end but by far the best performance was their goalie: WHAT A GOALKEEPER. Anybody else and this might've seriously been 3 or 4 to 0.

AND NOW US-ENGLAND... Wooo, we'll see how it goes, but I'm predicting 2-0 for England, or a 1-1 draw.

I heard on ESPN last night that the score would be 2-1 USA. So far, so good at halftime. :lol:

I heard on ESPN last night that the score would be 2-1 USA. So far, so good at halftime. :lol:

Thank England's goalkeeper.... talk about dropping the ball. :lol::lol::lol:

I have a bet on this.... if it's 2 -1 to us, I win $120! That's $60 each to Wounded Warrior and Help for Heroes.

USA played for the draw and they got it. I can't believe the 2 on 5 runs the USA was trying...wtf! Play to win guys!

All in all, great overall effort. Green helped, England was flat, Rooney a non-event, but the USA looked respectable.

How the fuck do you make a change at 3:50 into a 4 minute overtime?

Man walks into brothel and enquires of the Madam?
How much for total humiliation?
"Fifty quid", she replies.
"And what do I get for that?" He asks.
She replies." A complete England soccer Strip."

USA! USA!

A seven year old girl would have made that save

A seven year old boy was at the centre of a courtroom drama this week when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.
The boy had a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.
The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her.
When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.
After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.
After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the England football team, whom the boy firmly believes are incapable of beating anyone.

1-1! Awesome!

The US sets up well for the second round.

I wouldn't be too too upset if I were England. It's an easy group and they will progress.

I'm enjoying the tournament so far. The games I've seen have been fairly entertaining.

Here's a little Video of Both American and British Service Members watching the Game from Afghanistan.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxLjSZVcg98&playnext_from=TL&videos=prgVASSjQjk&feature=sub]YouTube - British and American Service Members in Afghanistan Watch 2010 World Cup Match[/ame]

Rut rho! Did Tim Howard break his wrist?

Not good at all if true Just heard it during Slv vs alg

Last edited:
Slovenia beat Algeria - this puts the USA and England in a tough spot. They each have to win both of their next two games to advance.

:(

Forum List

Back