World Cup 2010

Here's a little Video of Both American and British Service Members watching the Game from Afghanistan.

YouTube - British and American Service Members in Afghanistan Watch 2010 World Cup Match

Thanks again for posting this. In today's email, Bootneck said he (and his mates) are enjoying watching the matches, this is part of what he said about yesterday's game:
Yes, we watched the soccer yesterday. But for our crap goalie who made the most stupid of errors, we would have won! What a wanker! . My shoulder has healed well, just a bit sore but I can move it Ok.

I shall be watching more soccer today. Don't know who is playing, but that's immaterial. It's a good excuse to get together with lots of the others and it helps to pass the time. Pity about the lack of beer.

Rut rho! Did Tim Howard break his wrist?

Not good at all if true Just heard it during Slv vs alg

Slovenia beat Algeria - this puts the USA and England in a tough spot. They each have to win both of their next two games to advance.

:(

Did you guys watch the game? I got through half an hour of it and decided to go back to sleep. It was unbelievably boring. At least from that half hour, I got the impression that both England and the US are gonna neuter these teams barring some sort of self-destruct situation.

Rut rho! Did Tim Howard break his wrist?

Not good at all if true Just heard it during Slv vs alg

Slovenia beat Algeria - this puts the USA and England in a tough spot. They each have to win both of their next two games to advance.

Did you guys watch the game? I got through half an hour of it and decided to go back to sleep. It was unbelievably boring. At least from that half hour, I got the impression that both England and the US are gonna neuter these teams barring some sort of self-destruct situation.

Slv vs Alg sucked. England and USA should win handily, but ya never know

Yes, and whoever wins their next matches by the greatest margins will avoid having to play Germany in the next round.

england's goal in HD as presented by ITV

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCb9UspoP6g"]YouTube - England's and ITV's first World Cup 2010 HD goal.....WORTH WAITING FOR!!!!![/ame]

:lol:

Italy Paraguay. The field was tilted toward the PAR defender for the most of the first half yet Par cashes in one a textbook free kick, this should be taught in schools. Azzurri find the tie with a deflection on a corner kick. The Italian subs, especially Camoranesi definitely quickened the pace of the game when he entered. Lippi need to start him next game

Thanks to fifa's aggressive copyright policy the video is no longer available on YouTube

Last edited:
Italy Paraguay. The filed was tilted toward the PAr defender for the most of the first half yet Par cashes in one a textbook free kick, this should be taught in schools. Azzurri find the tie with a deflection on a corner kick. The Italian subs, especially Camoranesi definitely quickened the pace of the game when he entered. Lippi need to start him next game

Thanks to fifa's aggressive copyright policy the video is no longer available on YouTube

italy tied thanks to a very stoopid fail by the paraguayan keeper.

Every time I look at it, I'm more convinced the Algerian keeper intentionally let the goal in. It looked weak at first, but it's hard to imagine anything other than what it appears: the keeper just let the ball in.

Is it just me or is everyone else counting down the 4 hours and 13 minutes until Brazil takes the field?

Bra 2- PRN 1

Scoreless first half thanks to lackluster play by Brasil and steady, solid defense by North Korea. OK, I thought it would be 6 ,7, 8-1 but the NoKos came to play and Portugal and Ivory Coast better play their A game if they expect to advance.

Absolutely brilliant goal by Maicon, which I'd love to show but FIFA has an absurd "we own it so you can't see it" policy. Running down the right side he laces a perfect strike between the left side of the goalie and the tiny ray of open net.

A little later, Robinho sets up Elano with a perfect pass to make it 2-0. If I were able to link to the video, you'd go, "Oooooh that was some pass!" But did I mention FIFA's ""we own it so you can't see it" policy?

Does Korea give up? Nope! They fight back to get it 2-1 and that's where it ends

Last edited:
OH MY GOD WHAT A GAME.

I couldn't believe it, a whole half that Brazil just couldn't do shit. I seriously thought it'd end up another 0-0 draw! It was funny cuz the first half was terrible, but then shit really got moving in the second one. After the second goal I thought it was all over but then those sneaky Koreans scored an incredible goal that also had an "Oooooh that was some pass" moment. I so wanted them to score again... it would've been insane. I would've started screaming with joy. Still, fun times, though it screwed over my fantasy league team, but whatever. Those cats really had Brazil sweating for a moment.

Switzerland 1 - Spain 0

HUGE upset....HUGE!

doh_homer_simpson-1084.jpg

8 Defenders..

How the hell are you suppose to get through that?

ridiculous..

--

Another reason, we were too overconfident..

We ain't out of it yet..

Forum List

Back