World Cup 2010

This should be good: the only three teams I'm following are Brasil, Italy and USA

Hahaha, well, those are good picks - I just hate Brazil cuz they always win, Italy cuz they blow (whilst still managing to always win), and USA cuz you guys already got too many sports you're good at. But hey, at least the first two are always safe picks.

@CalifoniaGirl: PLEASE, "Spain are crap"??? Spain is basically the team with the most talent in the world right now! Every single player is a superstar. Sure, you guys got lucky in the confederations cup, but hell, even Costa Rica is a match for you guys and we blow chunks (we beat you 3-1 in the qualifiers even!).

Either way, I never discount the US in soccer anymore, they're quite formidable. Here's a funny story from the guys at FIFA:

FIFA said:
"England-USA, 29 June 1950: In their first tournament England suffered their biggest upset on the world stage when Joe Gaetjens' first-half goal earned a ragtag American team a 1-0 victory in Belo Horizonte. One newspaper in Britain assumed the 0-1 score had to be wrong and printed that England had won 10-1."

FIFA.com - Group C

This should be good: the only three teams I'm following are Brasil, Italy and USA

Hahaha, well, those are good picks - I just hate Brazil cuz they always win, Italy cuz they blow (whilst still managing to always win), and USA cuz you guys already got too many sports you're good at. But hey, at least the first two are always safe picks.

@CalifoniaGirl: PLEASE, "Spain are crap"??? Spain is basically the team with the most talent in the world right now! Every single player is a superstar. Sure, you guys got lucky in the confederations cup, but hell, even Costa Rica is a match for you guys and we blow chunks (we beat you 3-1 in the qualifiers even!).

Either way, I never discount the US in soccer anymore, they're quite formidable. Here's a funny story from the guys at FIFA:

FIFA said:
"England-USA, 29 June 1950: In their first tournament England suffered their biggest upset on the world stage when Joe Gaetjens' first-half goal earned a ragtag American team a 1-0 victory in Belo Horizonte. One newspaper in Britain assumed the 0-1 score had to be wrong and printed that England had won 10-1."

FIFA.com - Group C

A few World Cups ago I was the only patron in Mickey Mantle's Bar on Central Park South in Manhattan that had an interest in the Germans England match. People would rather watch a 5 hour baseball game

I already picked Spain to win in the predictions thread - but would love to see the U.S. win in a huge upset.

:)

As a Spaniard, I expect nothing but success from Spain..

I've lived through the '02 Spain-S.Korea Scandal... Probably one of the worst Soccer games to see as a kid..

But, We did win the Euro Cup 2 years ago beating Germany in the Finals, So with the team we have now I wouldn't be surprised if they won every single game.. <-- (I'm not kidding.) 10-0 In the Qualifying Round.

--

Viva España! Todo Por La Patria.

I've lived through the '02 Spain-S.Korea Scandal... Probably one of the worst Soccer games to see as a kid..

But, We did win the Euro Cup 2 years ago beating Germany in the Finals, So with the team we have now I wouldn't be surprised if they won every single game.. <-- (I'm not kidding.) 10-0 In the Qualifying Round.

--

Haha, yo recuerdo ese partido tan pesimo. Los arbitros estaban pagados, querian que los coreanos se quedaran en la competencia por ser anfitriones.

Pero oye, que no se pongan complacentes que cualquier cosa pasa. Suerte!

--

Haha, yo recuerdo ese partido tan pesimo. Los arbitros estaban pagados, querian que los coreanos se quedaran en la competencia por ser anfitriones.

Pero oye, que no se pongan complacentes que cualquier cosa pasa. Suerte!

Ya ves.. fue lo peor..

Todavia recuerdo ese dia come si fuera ayer.. Pero bueno, esta vez estamos preparados..

Gracias!

USA vs. England Baby!

Or, Echo Zulu vs. Bootneck part 2.

England always lose their first game!

jumping0045.gif

True. Take a look at the records. They've lost most of their opening games. Personally I shall be watching some paint dry. Far more exciting than watching a bunch of prancing fairy actors who fall down and writhe in agony at the slightest knock.

80:1 for the USA? Talk about favorable odds if you won. :lol:

usa have a couple of good players, i think they will struggle, england has the experience in the biggest stage, where usa has yet to prove they can progress, englands players will be too much for usa to handle, i hope usa goes through, but algeria are no mugs and african teams have a habit of surprising top teams, if usa go though they are likely to get germany in the next round , and thats a big no no, but they are beatable if you frustrate them, but the winner of that game will likely get brazil, and wow are they good, they are good when their bad, potential finalists , and personally england has the best chance for years to take the trophy HOME , where football began, luck of the draw will decide who has the best chance, good luck to usa and england

Last edited:
USA finest moment was in a losing 1-0 to Brazil in 94. I thought they finally announced to the world they could play tow to toe with the best.

80:1 for the USA? Talk about favorable odds if you won. :lol:

usa have a couple of good players, i think they will struggle, england has the experience in the biggest stage, where usa has yet to prove they can progress, englands players will be too much for usa to handle, i hope usa goes through, but algeria are no mugs and african teams have a habit of surprising top teams, if usa go though they are likely to get germany in the next round , and thats a big no no, but they are beatable if you frustrate them, but the winner of that game will likely get brazil, and wow are they good, they are good when their bad, potential finalists , and personally england has the best chance for years to take the trophy HOME , where football began, luck of the draw will decide who has the best chance, good luck to usa and england

Most of our guys play in the UK. We know England... and we can take them down. We've done it before and we can do it again.

USA vs. England Baby!

Or, Echo Zulu vs. Bootneck part 2.

England always lose their first game!

jumping0045.gif

True. Take a look at the records. They've lost most of their opening games. Personally I shall be watching some paint dry. Far more exciting than watching a bunch of prancing fairy actors who fall down and writhe in agony at the slightest knock.

not true. they lost 2 of 12 games, won 5, 5 were a draw.

north korea will destroy all other teams.

kim jong-il will see to that, personally, if needed.

To be totally honest that's another team I'm totally pulling for, especially in the group stage. I'd be happy if they won all their games.

The reason?

They'll probably get executed if they do as terrible as they're supposed to do. :frown:

(Didn't stop me from picking a bunch of brazilians on the fantasy league team for this week... NK is going to get FUCKED)

north korea will destroy all other teams.

kim jong-il will see to that, personally, if needed.

To be totally honest that's another team I'm totally pulling for, especially in the group stage. I'd be happy if they won all their games.

The reason?

They'll probably get executed if they do as terrible as they're supposed to do. :frown:

(Didn't stop me from picking a bunch of brazilians on the fantasy league team for this week... NK is going to get FUCKED)

they have a nice group, with brazil, portugal and the ivory coast.

it's less than 6 hours until it starts, and i will miss most of the games of the weekend because of a stupid wedding, will probably be stuck on the autobahn when germany meets australia. :evil:

i should fake an illness.

The noise from the horns is beyond annoying.

Just sayin'.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU2Iivzzfxk]YouTube - South Africa vs Mexico - Siphiwe Tshabalala Goal - 11/6/2010[/ame]

Host country strikes first. Beautiful goal by Siphiwe Tshabalala

Games end 1-1

The noise from the horns is beyond annoying.

Just sayin'.

It is.

The South Africa-Mexico match was quite entertaining. Mexico should have won, but that's the World Cup story of Mexico.

Didn't see the France-Uruguay match but I heard it wasn't particularly exciting.

France - Uruguay: 0-0 .

It seems Mexicans lacked determination. They ought to shoot 1st goal in the first half. They were so close ...

I hope, one day non-european and non-south-american nation would win world cup!

Just under 2 hours before we see the start of one of the biggest upsets in sports history.

USA 2- England 1.

You heard it here first.

New Topics

Forum List

Back