Women should dress modestly or expect to 'entice a rapist...'

So there are people here who wouldn't think twice about having their daughter wear a skintight minidress into a biker bar.

Wouldn't bother them in the least.

Somehow I'm not surprised.

I am a father to three daughters. I am not saying that I wouldn't "think twice about having their daughter wear a skintight minidress into a biker bar," what I am is, should any of them do so, it is not an invitation to rape.

Now, what part of that are you having trouble with?
Some people think adult daughters can and should be controlled. Islam hasn't taken over America yet.
So it's fair to say that neither of you would care in the slightest if your daughter wore a skin tight minidress into a biker bar.

Wouldn't even occur to you that she may be choosing to put herself into a slightly dangerous situation. Maybe a bikini would be a bold fashion statement, now there's an idea.

Okay, got it, my bad. Fortunately, my daughters wouldn't make such a stupid decision.
Oh STFU! You can't control your adult daughter any more than I can, jackass.
I don't try to control them, we just raised them right.

And I see you didn't deny my point. Thanks.
You didn't have one, except that you think you can control women. My daughter is only 3 and her mother and I have high hopes for her and will do everything to raise her right, but kids are going to be whoever they are as an adult and while correct rearing stacks the odds in their favor, it's no guarantee they will act right. You thinking you can control that makes you either horribly naïve or dangerously arrogant.

To believe that idiocy is to believe that the vast majority of men are rapists.

it's never a question of a woman "looking to be raped", it a question of rapists looking for a woman to rape.

It's not what normal people think that causes the problem, it's what the potential rapist thinks, and anything that adds to his attention of you is very very bad.
Except plenty of women that are dressed "appropriately" are raped. GMAFB

Plenty of people who wear their seatbelts are hurt in car crashes, so I guess telling people to wear theirs is a waste of time, right?
There's no evidence that a woman is more vulnerable to rape based on her attire. In fact what we know seems to indicate rapists target women who are isolated, mentally challenged, old or physically enfeebled, or otherwise easy prey. While rapists being thrilled to find a woman who fights hard to resist is great fodder for movies, in real life that's the last thing they want, which is why many try to slip a cosby into her drink and eliminate all resistance altogether. A lone naked woman walking down the street is not a likely scenario to begin with and certainly not a primo setup for a rape.

You don't think the rapist who's modus operandi is slipping a roofie in a woman's drink isn't influenced by how the woman dresses?
Watch some nature shows on predators. See what kind of prey they select and for what reasons. This will give you some insight into how human predators think.

So says Chrissie Hynde...

Singer Chrissie Hynde has come under fire for suggesting it can be a woman's fault if she is raped.

"You know if you don't want to entice a rapist, don't wear high heels so you can't run from him," she said, in an interview in the Sunday Times.

The Pretenders singer, 63, said she takes "full responsibility" after she was sexually assaulted aged 21 in Ohio.

"If I'm walking around in my underwear and I'm drunk. Who else's fault can it be?" Hynde told Krissi Murison.

Chrissie Hynde under fire for rape remarks

How ignorant can a person be? I don't care if a woman is walking naked down the middle of the street, she is not looking to be raped. Anyone who believes a person's attire is an invitation to rape needs a good slap to the head...

I think if you don't want to attract attention to yourself in a sexual way, but no one deserves to be raped.
Unfortunately, there are those that might get so turned out they force themselves on women, and part of that may be due to their dress. No excuse, but, there are people out there like that.....

Plenty of people who wear their seatbelts are hurt in car crashes, so I guess telling people to wear theirs is a waste of time, right?
non sequitor

Actually the logic is the same.
No it isn't. You just want it to be.

Otherwise know as "Ravi has no retort, so she goes with some latin to make her sound smart."
LOL! Sorry, I didn't realize that you were so stupid you didn't understand a common term for your logical fallacy.

You go right ahead and tell women that they should wear burkas because the vast majority of men are rapists. And when they get raped anyway you can pretend they got raped for a come hither look in their eye.

:thup:

So says Chrissie Hynde...

Singer Chrissie Hynde has come under fire for suggesting it can be a woman's fault if she is raped.

"You know if you don't want to entice a rapist, don't wear high heels so you can't run from him," she said, in an interview in the Sunday Times.

The Pretenders singer, 63, said she takes "full responsibility" after she was sexually assaulted aged 21 in Ohio.

"If I'm walking around in my underwear and I'm drunk. Who else's fault can it be?" Hynde told Krissi Murison.

Chrissie Hynde under fire for rape remarks

How ignorant can a person be? I don't care if a woman is walking naked down the middle of the street, she is not looking to be raped. Anyone who believes a person's attire is an invitation to rape needs a good slap to the head...
To believe that idiocy is to believe that the vast majority of men are rapists.

it's never a question of a woman "looking to be raped", it a question of rapists looking for a woman to rape.

It's not what normal people think that causes the problem, it's what the potential rapist thinks, and anything that adds to his attention of you is very very bad.
Correct.. But removing your clothes will increase the risk of getting rape.

I am a father to three daughters. I am not saying that I wouldn't "think twice about having their daughter wear a skintight minidress into a biker bar," what I am is, should any of them do so, it is not an invitation to rape.

Now, what part of that are you having trouble with?
Some people think adult daughters can and should be controlled. Islam hasn't taken over America yet.
So it's fair to say that neither of you would care in the slightest if your daughter wore a skin tight minidress into a biker bar.

Wouldn't even occur to you that she may be choosing to put herself into a slightly dangerous situation. Maybe a bikini would be a bold fashion statement, now there's an idea.

Okay, got it, my bad. Fortunately, my daughters wouldn't make such a stupid decision.
Oh STFU! You can't control your adult daughter any more than I can, jackass.
I don't try to control them, we just raised them right.

And I see you didn't deny my point. Thanks.
You didn't have one, except that you think you can control women. My daughter is only 3 and her mother and I have high hopes for her and will do everything to raise her right, but kids are going to be whoever they are as an adult and while correct rearing stacks the odds in their favor, it's no guarantee they will act right. You thinking you can control that makes you either horribly naïve or dangerously arrogant.
...except that you think you can control women
Are you always into straw man arguments? Why do you keep saying this?

Perhaps you're just projecting there.

If you can't be honest, please don't try to communicate with me.

And if you don't care what a woman wears in a dangerous environment, that's not my problem.

Rapists don't choose victims on the basis of what they are wearing but how vulnerable the victim is percieved to be. Violent rapists aren't stimulated by visual cues like nudity. They are stimulated by the fear they can cause.

non sequitor

Otherwise know as "Ravi has no retort, so she goes with some latin to make her sound smart."
LOL! Sorry, I didn't realize that you were so stupid you didn't understand a common term for your logical fallacy.

You go right ahead and tell women that they should wear burkas because the vast majority of men are rapists. And when they get raped anyway you can pretend they got raped for a come hither look in their eye.

In fact, in nations where women wear those damn things, they are raped routinely, often by their own husbands. It kinda blows a big hole through the theory that they are better protected by an abundance of attire.

Rapists don't choose victims on the basis of what they are wearing but how vulnerable the victim is percieved to be. Violent rapists aren't stimulated by visual cues like nudity. They are stimulated by the fear they can cause.
I explained this. This is what FBI studies show. They still don't get it.

non sequitor

Argumentum ad absurdum.

Again, you confuse what normal people think with what rapists think.

What about the "roofie" guy in a bar?

Damn. A one time sensible post from you. Kudos.

non sequitor

Argumentum ad absurdum.

No, that would be you Marty. But be my guest. Prove your point.

Argumentum ad absurdum.

If no blame is assigned, what is wrong with telling women that dressing provocatively may single them out for attention, or have you never seen construction workers catcalling women as they walk by. Which women do they catcall more?

Argumentum ad absurdum.

If no blame is assigned, what is wrong with telling women that dressing provocatively may single them out for attention, or have you never seen construction workers catcalling women as they walk by. Which women do they catcall more?
You keep differentiating how rapists think from how normal people think and then you conflate the two.

Argumentum ad absurdum.

The ones that are breathing.

What harm does it do, you ask? Two things. First it makes all victims responsible for the actions of someone else. Second, it puts forward the asinine belief that you will not get raped if you dress to Marty's standards.

Argumentum ad absurdum.

You keep differentiating how rapists think from how normal people think and then you conflate the two.
Excellent point.

Argumentum ad absurdum.

The ones that are breathing.

What harm does it do, you ask? Two things. First it makes all victims responsible for the actions of someone else. Second, it puts forward the asinine belief that you will not get raped if you dress to Marty's standards.

It doesn't make the victim responsible unless the law is changed to say that the victims' dress is a mitigating factor.

You are dealing with absolutes, not risk. So you are telling me there is no increase in risk for a woman if she dresses provocatively in a bar? Zero risk increase?

Argumentum ad absurdum.

Excellent point.

No, I don't. That would be the case only if I supported the way a woman dresses as a mitigating circumstance, which I do NOT.

What about the "roofie" guy in a bar?
Date rapists aren't attracted by what a woman is wearing either. Date rape is a crime of opportunity. It's whoever will give them the opportunity.

Women know how to handle themselves in a bar and not get roofied so they don't.

Forum List

Back