Women should dress modestly or expect to 'entice a rapist...'

So says Chrissie Hynde...

Singer Chrissie Hynde has come under fire for suggesting it can be a woman's fault if she is raped.

"You know if you don't want to entice a rapist, don't wear high heels so you can't run from him," she said, in an interview in the Sunday Times.

The Pretenders singer, 63, said she takes "full responsibility" after she was sexually assaulted aged 21 in Ohio.

"If I'm walking around in my underwear and I'm drunk. Who else's fault can it be?" Hynde told Krissi Murison.

Chrissie Hynde under fire for rape remarks

How ignorant can a person be? I don't care if a woman is walking naked down the middle of the street, she is not looking to be raped. Anyone who believes a person's attire is an invitation to rape needs a good slap to the head...

I agree completely. I feel similar when I go downtown Detroit and feeling how I am gonna get hijacked on the next red light.

A major go to H E double toothpicks

men should super glue their zipper if they have no control

Or just super glue the end of their P closed and to their zipper in the close position.

Naked, half dressed of anything else, no man has a right to rape any women.

I will dress as I want to, mostly depending on the weather, my mood and my plans for the day, or night.

If you can't control yourself, maybe you should be neutered or fully castrated. I'm sure a vet with a pair of ball crushers could help, or there is the knife instead.
^^^^ one of the few sane posts on this thread. I can't believe how many people think a woman dressed or undressed is "asking" to be raped. What kind of evil fuck thinks that way?
On the contrary a women can wear whatever she wants. I'm against any kind of nudity. That's my point.

It is just skin. A birthday suit. Our natural state.

Clothing is artificial.

The idea of inviting rape by dressing in an enticing manner is tripe. Psychological studies tend to show that rape is a crime of control over the victim, not the result of uncontrollable fucking.

Yeah, but by dressing provocatively, you draw the eye. The key isn't to be invincible or invisible. But a low opportunity, high cost target. Rapists and criminals in general are looking for low hanging fruit. Dress is one of many ways to look high up in the tree.

So there are people here who wouldn't think twice about having their daughter wear a skintight minidress into a biker bar.

Wouldn't bother them in the least.

Somehow I'm not surprised.

I am a father to three daughters. I am not saying that I wouldn't "think twice about having their daughter wear a skintight minidress into a biker bar," what I am is, should any of them do so, it is not an invitation to rape.

Now, what part of that are you having trouble with?
Some people think adult daughters can and should be controlled. Islam hasn't taken over America yet.
So it's fair to say that neither of you would care in the slightest if your daughter wore a skin tight minidress into a biker bar.

Wouldn't even occur to you that she may be choosing to put herself into a slightly dangerous situation. Maybe a bikini would be a bold fashion statement, now there's an idea.

Okay, got it, my bad. Fortunately, my daughters wouldn't make such a stupid decision.

Last edited:
So there are people here who wouldn't think twice about having their daughter wear a skintight minidress into a biker bar.

I am a father to three daughters. I am not saying that I wouldn't "think twice about having their daughter wear a skintight minidress into a biker bar," what I am is, should any of them do so, it is not an invitation to rape.

Some people think adult daughters can and should be controlled. Islam hasn't taken over America yet.
So it's fair to say that neither of you would care in the slightest if your daughter wore a skin tight minidress into a biker bar.

Wouldn't even occur to you that she may be choosing to put herself into a slightly dangerous situation. Maybe a bikini would be a bold fashion statement, now there's an idea.

Okay, got it, my bad. Fortunately, my daughters wouldn't make such a stupid decision.
Oh STFU! You can't control your adult daughter any more than I can, jackass.

Yeah Women should be able to dress however they want and not face the consequences or accept any responsibility for it. That's an American woman for ya'.

Chrissie Hynde isnt very good lookin' but I can dig chicks who play guitar.

"I'm the Adultress. I didn't want to be.
I'll be in the park. You'll find me."

The idea of inviting rape by dressing in an enticing manner is tripe. Psychological studies tend to show that rape is a crime of control over the victim, not the result of uncontrollable fucking.

Yeah, but by dressing provocatively, you draw the eye. The key isn't to be invincible or invisible. But a low opportunity, high cost target. Rapists and criminals in general are looking for low hanging fruit. Dress is one of many ways to look high up in the tree.

People tend to confuse two separate things, 1) What normal people think, and 2) what sociopathic rapist assholes think.

When women are warned about dressing a certain way by people from group 1), it is not us saying, "you are asking for it, or if you do dress that way it is some mitigating circumstance, what we are saying is that dressing a certain way is a trigger for some people in group 2).

It's a risk factor, the same as getting drunk alone, wandering around at night alone, or even worse, wandering around late alone while drunk.

Singer Chrissie Hynde has come under fire for suggesting it can be a woman's fault if she is raped.

"You know if you don't want to entice a rapist, don't wear high heels so you can't run from him," she said, in an interview in the Sunday Times.

The Pretenders singer, 63, said she takes "full responsibility" after she was sexually assaulted aged 21 in Ohio.

"If I'm walking around in my underwear and I'm drunk. Who else's fault can it be?" Hynde told Krissi Murison.

How ignorant can a person be? I don't care if a woman is walking naked down the middle of the street, she is not looking to be raped. Anyone who believes a person's attire is an invitation to rape needs a good slap to the head...
To believe that idiocy is to believe that the vast majority of men are rapists.

it's never a question of a woman "looking to be raped", it a question of rapists looking for a woman to rape.

It's not what normal people think that causes the problem, it's what the potential rapist thinks, and anything that adds to his attention of you is very very bad.

it's never a question of a woman "looking to be raped", it a question of rapists looking for a woman to rape.

It's not what normal people think that causes the problem, it's what the potential rapist thinks, and anything that adds to his attention of you is very very bad.
Except plenty of women that are dressed "appropriately" are raped. GMAFB

Plenty of people who wear their seatbelts are hurt in car crashes, so I guess telling people to wear theirs is a waste of time, right?

Oh STFU! You can't control your adult daughter any more than I can, jackass.
I don't try to control them, we just raised them right.

And I see you didn't deny my point. Thanks.

Plenty of people who wear their seatbelts are hurt in car crashes, so I guess telling people to wear theirs is a waste of time, right?
non sequitor

There's no evidence that a woman is more vulnerable to rape based on her attire. In fact what we know seems to indicate rapists target women who are isolated, mentally challenged, old or physically enfeebled, or otherwise easy prey. While rapists being thrilled to find a woman who fights hard to resist is great fodder for movies, in real life that's the last thing they want, which is why many try to slip a cosby into her drink and eliminate all resistance altogether. A lone naked woman walking down the street is not a likely scenario to begin with and certainly not a primo setup for a rape.

non sequitor

Actually the logic is the same.

non sequitor

No it isn't. You just want it to be.

There's no evidence that a woman is more vulnerable to rape based on her attire. In fact what we know seems to indicate rapists target women who are isolated, mentally challenged, old or physically enfeebled, or otherwise easy prey. While rapists being thrilled to find a woman who fights hard to resist is great fodder for movies, in real life that's the last thing they want, which is why many try to slip a cosby into her drink and eliminate all resistance altogether. A lone naked woman walking down the street is not a likely scenario to begin with and certainly not a primo setup for a rape.

You don't think the rapist who's modus operandi is slipping a roofie in a woman's drink isn't influenced by how the woman dresses?

non sequitor

No it isn't. You just want it to be.

Otherwise know as "Ravi has no retort, so she goes with some latin to make her sound smart."

Forum List

Back