Women should dress modestly or expect to 'entice a rapist...'

hjmick

Platinum Member
Mar 28, 2007
Charleston, SC
So says Chrissie Hynde...

Singer Chrissie Hynde has come under fire for suggesting it can be a woman's fault if she is raped.

"You know if you don't want to entice a rapist, don't wear high heels so you can't run from him," she said, in an interview in the Sunday Times.

The Pretenders singer, 63, said she takes "full responsibility" after she was sexually assaulted aged 21 in Ohio.

"If I'm walking around in my underwear and I'm drunk. Who else's fault can it be?" Hynde told Krissi Murison.

Chrissie Hynde under fire for rape remarks

How ignorant can a person be? I don't care if a woman is walking naked down the middle of the street, she is not looking to be raped. Anyone who believes a person's attire is an invitation to rape needs a good slap to the head...

Singer Chrissie Hynde has come under fire for suggesting it can be a woman's fault if she is raped.

"You know if you don't want to entice a rapist, don't wear high heels so you can't run from him," she said, in an interview in the Sunday Times.

The Pretenders singer, 63, said she takes "full responsibility" after she was sexually assaulted aged 21 in Ohio.

"If I'm walking around in my underwear and I'm drunk. Who else's fault can it be?" Hynde told Krissi Murison.

How ignorant can a person be? I don't care if a woman is walking naked down the middle of the street, she is not looking to be raped. Anyone who believes a person's attire is an invitation to rape needs a good slap to the head...
Defense attorneys are not even allowed that line of defense when they're trying to get their rapist clients acquitted. Nor are they allowed any other line of questioning that casts blame on the victim. So as long as such thinking is left out of the courtroom, I don't care.

Defense attorneys are not even allowed that line of defense when they're trying to get their rapist clients acquitted. Nor are they allowed any other line of questioning that casts blame on the victim. So as long as such thinking is left out of the courtroom, I don't care.

Just because PC has invaded the courtroom doesn't mean human behavior and common sense don't exist. Women have been given the right to claim retroactive rape if they don't get a phone call the next morning.

Well, it does make sense as you don't want to entice a sicko.

The problem op is the sicko is either going to do something or not...Why drive the sicko to do it?

I disagree that is enticing. Personally, I wouldn't walk down a dark alley wearing a freakin' burka. Opportunity is what drives a rapist. Little babies & old women (not to mention boys & men) can be & are victims of rape. Sex is just the modus operandi & will happen no matter what the victim is wearing.

How about someone wearing a KKK uniform in a Black neighborhood? Does that change your tune?

Uh... A woman walking naked down the street IS looking to be raped.

Just because PC has invaded the courtroom doesn't mean human behavior and common sense don't exist. Women have been given the right to claim retroactive rape if they don't get a phone call the next morning.
And women were also attacked in the courtroom by energetic lawyers trying to get their client off the hook, made to seem they were responsible for what was done to them. I like it better now because women often don't report rape because they don't want to be victimized anew. And they shouldn't be.

The idea of inviting rape by dressing in an enticing manner is tripe. Psychological studies tend to show that rape is a crime of control over the victim, not the result of uncontrollable fucking.

No, she's looking for money.

Men are the real victims.

Seriously?

How about someone wearing a KKK uniform in a Black neighborhood? Does that change your tune?

Show me a member of the KKK brave enough to wear his robes and walk alone in a Black neighborhood...

Last edited:

Seriously?
Yes. Seriously. What do you expect when a woman walking naked? Unless you have a better opinion.

Seriously?
Yes. Seriously. What do you expect when a woman walking naked? Unless you have a better opinion.

So you wouldn't be able to control yourself & will just fling yourself upon her & take her against her will because you just couldn't help yourself & it was all her fault for 'enticing' you?

Seriously?
My opinion is if you can't control yourself around a naked women, you need to be locked up.

Like an animal.

There are USMB members who think that a woman walking down the street naked is necessary asking for someone to rape her.

Awesome. The ability for people to be stupid is awesome.

Forum List

Back