Without a job, Romney made $57,000.00 a DAY for last two years.

The average American family makes $50,000.00 a year.

Romney paid 13.9% in taxes.

The average American's taxes are double Romney's.

This is the bottom line.

Romney's tax plan would cut his taxes by half.

Newt's tax plan would taxes for Romney all together.

Both would raise taxes on the average American.

I want to see Republicans run on this.

Why should the Republicans run on your bullshit lies? I think we'd all be better off if they ran on the truth . . . except you, because the truth would probably make your head explode. Let's find out, shall we?

"The average American's taxes are double Romney's." That's what you said. Well, double Romney's would be about 27-28%. According to the IRS, the average filer in 2009 paid 12.8%. That's not only NOT 27-28%, it's LESS than the percentage that Romney paid, even leaving aside the difference between income taxes and capital gains taxes. When you factor in all the people not paying any federal income taxes at all, 97% of the country pays less than Mitt Romney does.

Furthermore, while the top tax bracket is 35%, NO ONE pays taxes exclusively at that rate. Again according to the IRS, the highest average tax rate is 25.8%, for those making between $2 million and $5 million. Not only is that less than you claim the "average American" is paying, but when the hell did people making an income of $2-5 million a year become "average Americans"?

Let's hear no more of these ridiculous lies.

This is the bottom line.

Why should the Republicans run on your bullshit lies? I think we'd all be better off if they ran on the truth . . . except you, because the truth would probably make your head explode. Let's find out, shall we?

"The average American's taxes are double Romney's." That's what you said. Well, double Romney's would be about 27-28%. According to the IRS, the average filer in 2009 paid 12.8%. That's not only NOT 27-28%, it's LESS than the percentage that Romney paid, even leaving aside the difference between income taxes and capital gains taxes. When you factor in all the people not paying any federal income taxes at all, 97% of the country pays less than Mitt Romney does.

Furthermore, while the top tax bracket is 35%, NO ONE pays taxes exclusively at that rate. Again according to the IRS, the highest average tax rate is 25.8%, for those making between $2 million and $5 million. Not only is that less than you claim the "average American" is paying, but when the hell did people making an income of $2-5 million a year become "average Americans"?

Without lies, people like rdean would have nothing to post.
:dunno:

This is the bottom line.

Admit it, Romney is way smarter than you.
No, the system is rigged all wrong. If politics and a narrow ideological template were removed and simple honesty was used, any thinking person would agree that it ain't jealousy, it ain't hard work, it ain't smarts. It's a system designed and exploited exclusively for and by the richest Americans to retain and accumulate more wealth than ever before.

Romney made his money on his own so he should be able to keep and accumulate it as much as he wants.

RDean doesn't sound like very good lemming, i mean soldier, coming on here and speaking out against the Obama tax cuts (formerly known as the Bush tax cuts).

This is the bottom line.

On the very first page of this thread I showed him that Romney actually pays a higher percentage than the average effective tax rate but that post has been ignored because facts just get in the way

This is the bottom line.

What a coincidence. That was my plan.

This is the bottom line.

That's called smart investment.
Anyone can do this. Just not large proportions.
My parents are retired and on a fixed income from SS and a pension. Have saved up and have placed money in income funds that have a positive return on investment.
They are by no means rich. However, they have nothing to worry about.
You people fret over the tax rates paid on investment income being too low.
Well, let's say the federal government decides to change the tax code to include all investment income as regular income. Just what do you think will happen to investments in general? Do you really think people would invest their money in the markets or business( both create jobs) knowing full well they will in effect be double taxed?
I know what will happen. These people will sock away their money and with that, remove it from the economy altogether. Taxing them does one thing. It gives a wasteful and bloated government the opportunity to be more wasteful and bloated.
I would be in agreement with a new form of investment income taxation provided the tax was fair and the federal government guarantee the money would be used to SPECIFIC projects with prohibitions on placing the revenue in the general fund or using it for other purposes.
It is clear that government does not have a revenue problem. It has a spending problem.
You don't keep feeding junk food to a fat person who runs out of junk food unless that fat person shows a desire and implements a plan to lose weight.
Do not come back with "it's not fair". That is irrelevant.
Earnings from production are taxed once as income. The government should not get a second full bite at the apple just to make certain people feel better.
Flame away....Or will you debate this issue properly?
Your serve.

Admit it, Romney is way smarter than you.
No, the system is rigged all wrong. If politics and a narrow ideological template were removed and simple honesty was used, any thinking person would agree that it ain't jealousy, it ain't hard work, it ain't smarts. It's a system designed and exploited exclusively for and by the richest Americans to retain and accumulate more wealth than ever before.

Romney made his money on his own so he should be able to keep and accumulate it as much as he wants.
Tell that to the deficit. The same folks who designed this system of accumlative wealth for the very few are ready willing and able to lustily cut benefits which help the least fortunate. They'll make those cut. they'll feel justified and all warm and fuzzy inside. Meanwhile, some family, someone's grandmother, some child will have to struggle more, cut back more, decide on which necessity is really affordable.

So kudos to Romney! He gamed the system and won! Who needs a vibrant middle class? We got a few rich folks who we can idolize. We're Popeye Doyle eating cold pizza and coffee and Romney and the rich are the heroin smugglers eating in a five star restaurant.

thefrenchconnection.jpg

This is the bottom line.

While democrats run on HIGHER and more confiscatory taxation?....See how far they get with that....LOL
Look genius...Every dollar of taxation eventually ends up coming out of the pockets of the end user. So go ahead. Tax like crazy. Do you really think it help anyone?

Tell that to the deficit.
Yes.. because the only reason we have a deficit is that the rich are allowed to keep "too much" of their money.
:roll:

:eusa_think:Kerry paid a lower tax rate than Romney in 2003, the last year before his run, I don't remember much about that then......maybe I ought to check....:eusa_eh:

well, I'm back, nope, nothing:rolleyes:
Kerry married money...Talk about income without working...Eh, Deano.

Have you SEEN his wife?! Sleeping with THAT would be a job of work, my friend. I'd say that's a gigolo who's earning every cent. :puke:

Yes.. because the only reason we have a deficit is that the rich are allowed to keep "too much" of their money.

People like Nosmo think the only way to fix a budget is skyrocket taxes, on people other than themselves of course.

Reducing the budget that results in deficits? Why that would fix nothing of course..................:cuckoo:

Is that why Republicans shipped millions of American jobs to China?

Prosperity without working? I thought the right wing was against that? Guess not.

Please link the bill that passed solely by republicans that eliminated jobs to be sent overseas.. we'll be waiting... until then, refrain from posting

And if you think investing, is lacking effort or work... you're sadly mistaken

From 2001 to 2008, Republicans, working with the Chamber of Commerce helped move millions of jobs to China. China is a huge contributor to the Chamber which give to Republicans 9 to 1 over Democrats. There are conservative Democrats who always vote Republican. There are no Republican liberals. It's not "ONE BILL" but years of bad policy, subsidies, lobbying and payouts.

I'm always surprised how little the Republican base knows, or cares, what their leaders do. They defend them to the end even while getting screwed from one end of the block to the other. Go figure.

Happy reading. Even though I know you won't bother. Hey, if you don't believe me, go do a little research. Find out what your leaders believe and what they are doing. Unless you just don't care.

Newsvine - "US" Chamber of Commerce hosts seminars with Chinese gov officials to teach American firms how to outsource

Manufacturing a Better Future for America | Alliance for American Manufacturing 2001 to 2008 2.3 million jobs lost to China

Challenging China on trade - Los Angeles Times

GOP, U.S. Chamber Of Commerce Beat Back Bill To Combat Outsourcing

Ten states losing the most jobs to China - Business - Careers

An INVITE to one of those seminars.

bchinab.jpg
Oh shut the hell up...
You lefties continue to ignore the fact that the US has for many years a "most favored nation" trade policy with China.
Do I like it? No...However, if the manufacturing was not being done in China it would be done somewhere else. And not here.
Just as foreign owned firms invest and build here in the US putting millions of Americans to work, so do US companies invest in other countries to put those people to work.
This argument, sending jobs to China, is just code from the union activist Left who see their numbers in steep decline.

:eusa_think:Kerry paid a lower tax rate than Romney in 2003, the last year before his run, I don't remember much about that then......maybe I ought to check....:eusa_eh:

well, I'm back, nope, nothing:rolleyes:
Kerry married money...Talk about income without working...Eh, Deano.

:lol: Democrat Dummies never said a word about all Kerry's Heinz cash. They just dutifully voted for him. They're such dishonest hypocrites.

The two sides of fiscal activity are spending and taxes. Well, we saw what happens when we cut taxes and increase spending! We get what's known as a deficit.

Shouldn't reducing the deficit include both sides of fiscal activity? After all, monkeying with both at once drove us into this ditch! Perhaps adjusting both to levels which produced balanced budgets will correct our current problems.

I know that here isn't enough tax revenue to get us out of the ditch. I also know that continuing to screw the middle class in favor of the ultra rich makes as much sense as cutting taxes and fighting two wars on borrowed money.

Lol at rdean who thinks "job" is a word reserved only for people who "clock in and clock out".

Methinks rdean has never really had any responsibility in his life.

Forum List

Back