Windows 10 is

After reading all the headaches people have with W8 and W10, I have to laugh when the same people sneer at me for sticking with XP.
lol.gif
Lol I have a laptop still running on XP. Problem is if you need your computer to support newer applications you are screwed.

I'm fine with what I have now. In fact, after 9 years I just discovered I have a pinball game I'd never played....it's a BLAST too. I've had an ongoing battle with one of the mods in the XP games at "the Zone.com" for years. The prick cheats at backgammon and will at checkers if you don't watch him closely. :eusa_snooty:
Eventually (I have no idea when) XP won't be able to run most any modern apps including browsers that will not allow any video streaming, like other ancient operating systems it will not be able to work on the newer computer system that are coming down the pike. Like you I was an XP fanatic who thought it was the be all end all, hated Vista with a passion, fell in love with Win 7, absolutely despised 8 and 8.1 and am "okay" with Win 10 as long as I can continue to configure away the crap Microsoft included with it and add what I want.
Keep XP as long as you want but I would recommend upgrading so at least the new OS you will eventually have to use is not completely foreign to you. Your choice though. :dunno:

Had WIN 10 for over a year now. I like it. I was a huge XP fan, I am hearing about the ransomeware attacks in Europe and Russia.
Most ransomware attacks are aimed at businesses so individual PC users are relatively safe besides it's easy to reset Win 10 with just a few clicks of your mouse just remember to back up any personal files you wish to keep.

I heard today, Win10 is immune to the ransomware thing going around.
No not really however cybercrooks are using the newest Win 10 upgrade to send out fake messages giving the user a link to the upgrade. If the user clicks on the link the PC data is encrypted and the ransom demand pops up. The way to avoid the PC ransomware, wait for Microsoft to upgrade your PC which it will do within the next three months.

Didn't support for normal consumer XP end like a few years ago now? wtf
Officially, yes however........
Still what normal customer still trusts XP for updates. wtf
Normal? :eusa_whistle:
I see your point but still, its going on 20 yrs old lol

20 you say? 20 years ago it was 1997 and Windows 98 was not available.

uhh..yah. AOL M4M Hairy bear for str8 chat rooms were packed to the gills, though.

"updates"? WTF? Windows Defender won't protect you no matter how many "updates" you get. If you use IE you're a sitting duck. Read my "Microsoft patched my XP" thread. I'm safer than most here because I trust Firefox, Malwarebytes, CCleaner, and Norton. Before I'll send any more money to the pirate Billy Gates, I'll go with Apple.

Incidentally, I drive a pristine 22 year old 4x4 too....no airbags...been in enough wrecks to know I don't want an airbag hitting me in the face when I have more evasive steering to do. Not interested in keeping up with tech weenies who've made computing both a tedious and financially dangerous affair. You can put GPS on a hammer but does it improve the hammer?

Normal? :eusa_whistle:
I see your point but still, its going on 20 yrs old lol

20 you say? 20 years ago it was 1997 and Windows 98 was not available.

uhh..yah. AOL M4M Hairy bear for str8 chat rooms were packed to the gills, though.
:gay:

"updates"? WTF? Windows Defender won't protect you no matter how many "updates" you get. If you use IE you're a sitting duck. Read my "Microsoft patched my XP" thread. I'm safer than most here because I trust Firefox, Malwarebytes, CCleaner, and Norton. Before I'll send any more money to the pirate Billy Gates, I'll go with Apple.

Incidentally, I drive a pristine 22 year old 4x4 too....no airbags...been in enough wrecks to know I don't want an airbag hitting me in the face when I have more evasive steering to do. Not interested in keeping up with tech weenies who've made computing both a tedious and financially dangerous affair. You can put GPS on a hammer but does it improve the hammer?
"If you use IE you're a sitting duck". Who the hell would do that?

Microsucks just released a major Fall Creator's update which reinstalled Cortana back on my machine and it appears to have disabled my ability to make Cortana disappear......... Looking at possibly rolling back this build........ Not a happy camper.......

Forum List

Back