• Yes, I will would vote for Ron Paul

Votes: 35 50.0%
  • No, I will not vote for Ron Paul

Votes: 29 41.4%
  • No, I will vote for the Marxist - Obama

Votes: 6 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What is Ron Paul's stance on the Federal Reserve??

Simple
51ebKX-UEvL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Right now? I am a Herman Cain kinda-Guy. Now Mr. Paul as a VP might be interesting...

I wish Herman Cain could win. But without political experience...don't think so. I do like the ticket you mention. I would also love to see Paul Ryan run...*WHOA*

What is Ron Paul's stance on the Israel / Palestine issue??

In February of this year, Ron Paul and also Rand Paul supported and pushed legislation that would end all funding to Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Pakistan, and the Palestinians. Neither have been shy about ending all U.S. foreign aid beginning with Middle East countries.

In February of this year, Ron Paul and also Rand Paul supported and pushed legislation that would end all funding to Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Pakistan, and the Palestinians. Neither have been shy about ending all U.S. foreign aid beginning with Middle East countries.

that whole thing about treaties having to be honored seems to have escaped them.

In the words of the New York Times, Paul is "not a fan" of the Federal Reserve. Paul's opposition to the Fed is supported by the Austrian Business Cycle Theory, which holds that instead of containing inflation, the Federal Reserve, in theory and in practice, is responsible for causing inflation. In addition to eroding the value of individual savings, this creation of inflation leads to booms and busts in the economy. Thus Paul argues that government, via a central bank (the Federal Reserve), is the primary cause of economic recessions and depressions. He believes that economic volatility is decreased when the free market determines interest rates and money supply. He has stated in numerous speeches that most of his colleagues in Congress are unwilling to abolish the central bank because it funds many government activities. He says that to compensate for eliminating the "hidden tax" of inflation, Congress and the president would instead have to raise taxes or cut government services, either of which could be politically damaging to their reputations. He states that the "inflation tax" is a tax on the poor, because the Federal Reserve prints more money which subsidizes select industries, while poor people pay higher prices for goods as more money is placed in circulation.

Paul adheres deeply to Austrian school economics and libertarian criticism of fractional-reserve banking, opposing fiat currency and the inflation thereof; he has written six books on the subjects, has pictures of classical liberal economists Friedrich Hayek, Murray Rothbard, and Ludwig von Mises hanging on his office wall, and is a distinguished counselor to the Mises Institute. Paul opposes inflation as an underhanded form of taxation, because it takes value away from the money that individuals hold without having to directly tax them. He sees the creation of the Federal Reserve, and its ability to "print money out of thin air" without commodity backing, as responsible for eroding the value of money, observing that "a dollar today is worth 4 cents compared to a dollar in 1913 when the Federal Reserve got in." In 1982, Paul was the prime mover in the creation of the U.S. Gold Commission, and in many public speeches Paul has voiced concern over the dominance of the current banking system and called for the return to a commodity-backed currency through a gradual reintroduction of hard currency, including both gold and silver. A commodity standard binds currency issue to the value of that commodity rather than fiat, making the value of the currency as stable as the commodity.

He condemns the role of the Federal Reserve and the national debt in creating inflation. The minority report of the U.S. Gold Commission states that the federal and state governments are strictly limited in their monetary role by Article One, Section Eight, Clauses 2, 5, and 6, and Section Ten, Clause 1, "The Constitution forbids the states to make anything but gold and silver coin a tender in payment of debt, nor does it permit the federal government to make anything a legal tender." The Commission also recommended that the federal government "restore a definition for the term 'dollar.' We suggest defining a 'dollar' as a weight of gold of a certain fineness, .999 fine." On multiple occasions in congressional hearings, he has sharply challenged two different chairmen of the Federal Reserve, Alan Greenspan and Ben Bernanke.

He has also called for the removal of all taxes on gold transactions. He has repeatedly introduced the Federal Reserve Board Abolition Act since 1999, to enable "America to return to the type of monetary system envisioned by our Nation's founders: one where the value of money is consistent because it is tied to a commodity such as gold"; it has received virtually no mainstream news coverage. He opposes dependency on paper fiat money, but also says that there "were some shortcomings of the gold standard of the 19th century ... because it was a fixed price and caused confusion." He argues that hard money, such as backed by gold or silver, would prevent inflation, but adds, "I wouldn't exactly go back on the gold standard but I would legalize the constitution where gold and silver should and could be legal tender, which would restrain the Federal Government from spending and then turning that over to the Federal Reserve and letting the Federal Reserve print the money."

Paul strongly supports legalization of parallel currencies, such as gold-backed notes issued from private markets and digital gold currencies. He would like gold-backed notes (or other types of hard money) and digital gold currencies to compete on a level playing field with Federal Reserve Notes, allowing individuals a choice whether to use sound money or to continue using fiat money. Paul believes this would restrain inflation, limit government spending, and eventually eliminate the ability of the Federal Reserve to "tax" Americans through inflation (i.e., by reducing the purchasing power of the currency they are holding), which he sees as "the most insidious of all taxes."

He suggests that current efforts to sustain dollar hegemony, especially since collapse of the Bretton Woods system following the United States' suspension of the dollar's conversion to gold in 1971, exacerbate a rationale for war. Consequently, when petroleum producing nations like Iraq, Iran, or Venezuela elect to trade in Petroeuro instead of Petrodollar, it devalues an already overly inflated dollar, further eroding its supremacy as a global currency. According to Paul, along with vested American interests in oil and plans to "remake the Middle East," this scenario has proven a contributing factor for the war against Iraq and diplomatic tensions with Iran.

He has committed himself for over 30 years to educating Americans in libertarian economic principles, such as eliminating the Federal Reserve Board, a private-public banking entity that Paul says has a centralized monopoly control over our money and threatens to impoverish the population through devaluation of the dollar. Paul has many times confronted Congress with a bill to audit the Federal Reserve Board, which Congress has repeatedly turned down.

Last edited:

that whole thing about treaties having to be honored seems to have escaped them.

What treaties would we not be honoring?

Jillian is most likely concerned about us abandoning our partnership with israel. It would be certain doom for the Isralies if we did that.

Am I correct?

Right now? I am a Herman Cain kinda-Guy. Now Mr. Paul as a VP might be interesting...

I wish Herman Cain could win. But without political experience...don't think so. I do like the ticket you mention. I would also love to see Paul Ryan run...*WHOA*

Ryan won't RUN...his purpose is better served staying where he is. And as Mr. Cain quipped last week in the Debate?

"How's that working for you..."? By Design the Founders made it possible for ANY citizen to run...WHY do they have to have political experience? In a way? he already does as a CEO not only for Godfather's...but for Pillsbury...and the Chairman of the National Restaurant Association...

He already posesses executive experience. And quite frankly? If this Country were run more like a business and keeping the Constitution close? We'd be ahead bigtime in budget matters regarding the economy.

Last edited:

Abolish it.

And I concur with that view. The Founder's didn't want that kinda authority either in the Constitution. Shame Mr. Paul's call to AUDIT them hasn't come to fruition.

The people make this economy work by virtue of exercising commerce of their own free will unabated by external forces of Gubmint.

The FR has done everything to circumvent the will of the people with their manipulation.

"By Design the Founders made it possible for ANY citizen to run."

in a sense yes. But today only those who are wealthy get to run. I'd like to see a person who scrubs toilets for a living run instead of those who are wealthy. That goes for both sides. It all comes down to who has the most money. That is not a fair system.

"By Design the Founders made it possible for ANY citizen to run."

in a sense yes. But today only those who are wealthy get to run. I'd like to see a person who scrubs toilets for a living run instead of those who are wealthy. That goes for both sides. It all comes down to who has the most money. That is not a fair system.

I would concur with this view. However/ One MUST have some sort of background...but as to the FEES imposed to RUN? A bit steep...and *THAT* is by design By the PARTIES....

Damned shame too. WHY would one Need to pay a FEE to run for office TO the office they intend to?

Should that NOT be part of what Gubmint does with the taxes they collect already?

Ponder that if you will?

Last edited:

It's a fair question...and there ARE treaties that need to be re-examined...for present validity...no?

Forum List

Back