BREAKING: Trump calls for end to Foreign Aid, says US should only give loans

In this case I have to agree

This is a bad idea
No it's not. The assumption that that no country would ever repay their loan is a false one. It all depends on the country, the situation and who negotiated the terms. There’s a long list of things that conventional wisdom said could never be done, that Trump was able to achieve for example, getting countries to take back their illegals, getting China to sign a trade agreement with enforcement mechanisms, renegotiating NAFTA and other trade agreements that were long overdue. We have enormous leverage.

This is a wonderful idea. The XXPet Name DeletedXX would have never conceived this idea.
President Trump sounds like Pat Buchanan and Ron Paul. I love it!

original_image.png

great idea.
It's why the world wants biden. America is their cash cow.

Just call them loans, and don't insist on repayment. That works well on student loans. Or have some general say national security at a meeting. That always works, and you don't have to tell anyone. Come on people. You're talking about disrupting the cash borrowing and transfer to "allies", skimmed, and then sent back here as bribes, MIC contracts, and campaign contributions, the very foundation of Merica. Why do you hate Merica?

Spectacular idea.

My thought as well.

"Ok you need money. We will loan it to you with X amount of interest and X amount of time to pay it back. But we won't give you anything ".

I'd also say they need to put down collateral in the form of tangible assets as well so even if they don't pay the debt we get something in return.

But this whole concept of just throwing away trillions every year is ridiculous. Hell we gave given what like 100 billion in goods, weapons and money to Ukraine? We won't ever see a single dime of it returned. They do absolutely nothing for us yet we just give them billions with no mention of being paid back.

My thought as well.

"Ok you need money. We will loan it to you with X amount of interest and X amount of time to pay it back. But we won't give you anything ".

I'd also say they need to put down collateral in the form of tangible assets as well so even if they don't pay the debt we get something in return.

But this whole concept of just throwing away trillions every year is ridiculous. Hell we gave given what like 100 billion in goods, weapons and money to Ukraine? We won't ever see a single dime of it returned. They do absolutely nothing for us yet we just give them billions with no mention of being paid back.
The mutuality of NATO Alliance has quietly morphed over the decades into the singularity of the NATO Reliance with US’ wealthy EU partners relying on the US to do all the heavy lifting, militarily, monetarily, providing advanced intelligence and weaponry for their land war threats while they are useless to us in defense of our homeland which will come in the way of a high tech air and missile attack, not a land war.

As such, either it needs to be rewritten with member states required to form a joint standing military to defend Europe by a date certain and immediately required to up their country’s defense spending to 2% of GDP. Barring that, we should cut off the reliance. We don’t need to be paying child support for someone else’s baby while we are trying to raise our own.

He really doesn't think that shit though before he speaks, does he.

This is one of his most retarded ideas ever. US influence would dwindle to nothing overnight, leaving the field to CHina and Russia.

Trade deals would evaporate, foreign bases would be closed, and every country would be aligned against us.

Game over.
China is a doomed nation. The moment that robotic manufacturing takes over (what, in like 20 years maybe?), Chinas lock on cheap labor vanishes and never returns. Their massive unemployed population will become unaffordable and their economy will completely collapse.

This is actually a shockingly great idea from Trump.

Forum List

Back