Will the Catholic Church Crash And Burn?

His Assholiness is marking the beginning of the end for the Catholic Church.

Scumbags like this; when they appear on the scene, are the surest sign of the depths of the disease infecting the body.

The Church is done. It might take another 200 years for it to go away -- But it's finished.

the secularists have won.

Good. The sooner we can go about cleaning up this planet, the better.

It's not gonna be pretty when it starts.

you and I usually agree, but you are very wrong on this one. Religion provides the basic rules of human civilization. without those rules, and the laws that come from them, humanity would be in chaos

The Catholics once had a 'rule' that you could not translate the Bible into English. People were executed for not obeying that 'rule'.

Is that what you're talking about?

I think religion in general is gonna "crash & burn"

Look at the results in the new polls.
Sensible people are getting turned off of all forms of religion because it has been becoming ever more fatalistic, political and mean. It's why I abandoned that hocus-pocus years ago. I read the bible as a young person and acquired the basis of my liberalism, where all these hateful people get their violent and exclusionary beliefs is a mystery to me.

The Catholics once had a 'rule' that you could not translate the Bible into English. People were executed for not obeying that 'rule'.

Is that what you're talking about?

That had less to do with translation than it did with the Protestant Reformation.

You really are a stupid and dishonest piece of shit

Sensible people are getting turned off of all forms of religion because it has been becoming ever more fatalistic, political and mean. It's why I abandoned that hocus-pocus years ago. I read the bible as a young person and acquired the basis of my liberalism, where all these hateful people get their violent and exclusionary beliefs is a mystery to me.

Funny how we never get that way until we run into scumbags like you

The Pope is promoting peace, charity and brotherhood as is his mandate, if the Church fails it will be for something other than actually exemplifying the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Yeah. I'm no expert on this, but I haven't seen him doing much else. If that irritates political partisans, well...

The man has done more to improve the public image of the Catholic church than any other person in my lifetime. I still do not approve of institutionalized religion but making it less authoritarian and rigid is a move in the right direction.

Dude/dudette. You REALLY need to get a grip on your hate.
One good thing that has come from reading all your venom is I have begun to look at my own extremism. But yours grows more & more venemous as time passes and at times borderlines on real threats.

Take a chill pill & do a bit of self reflection

You are responsible for the maintenance of your own soul, pull the log out of your own eye before pointing out the speck in your brother's eye.

Dude/dudette. You REALLY need to get a grip on your hate.
One good thing that has come from reading all your venom is I have begun to look at my own extremism. But yours grows more & more venemous as time passes and at times borderlines on real threats.

Take a chill pill & do a bit of self reflection

Eat shit, scumbag.

Why don't you think about WHY people hate you as much they do

Worthless piece of shit

His Holiness needs to stay in the saving souls business and out of the political arena
He is a head of state. Ergo it is appropriate that he weigh in on issues. JPII was instrumental in overthrowing communism in Poland. He was a great man. This guy? Not so much.

the catholic church is not a state or nation, it is a religion.
The Catholic Church is an institution. The Vatican is a state. The Pope is its head. Look it up if you dont believe me.

His Assholiness is marking the beginning of the end for the Catholic Church.

Scumbags like this; when they appear on the scene, are the surest sign of the depths of the disease infecting the body.

The Church is done. It might take another 200 years for it to go away -- But it's finished.

the secularists have won.

Good. The sooner we can go about cleaning up this planet, the better.

It's not gonna be pretty when it starts.
disagree with the pope all you want, but to call him an asshole? Says everything about you and nothing about him.

I love it how the lefties jump all over the Pope like he's a rock star when he feeds their own stupid beliefs. But when he affirms priestly celebacy and bans on birth control he's out of touch.

I love it how the lefties jump all over the Pope like he's a rock star when he feeds their own stupid beliefs. But when he affirms priestly celebacy and bans on birth control he's out of touch.

Exactly, they thought he was going to support SMM and were all giddy then he came out against it and he became the villain again

Actually, this Pope is so much better than the last one....who was a center of the Priest Pedophile scandal. I suppose you liked Pope Benedict better?

Forum List

Back