Will Democrats ever learn to fight back?

[SIZE=+1]
o-sotu-fought-for.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Howard Dean's 2012 Challenge [/SIZE]
Link
Excerpt:
Dean can publicly criticize Obama's health care bill as not worth voting for. He's not tied in any way to this administration which is looking more and more like the S.S. Titanic-Obama. That's why Obama spin-meisters immediately struck back hard at Howard Dean after his comments on the senate bill. Press secretary Gibbs and others in the administration even went so far as to invoke the Dean-is-crazy theme Dean's having a 'temper tantrum' they have complained in language that calls up images of an unstable Dean... Why has Obama treated Dean so differently than Lieberman? Because the Obama-Rahm team has never ever, even remotely had any common cause with progressivism or with progressives...
Dean, of course, is a progressive. The Obama White House also recognizes that Dean could be a political threat. If Dean wants to, he could primary Obama in 2012.
He'd have lots of advantages. Dean has national name recognition. He can crank up a campaign quickly and attract the best people. He's a Washington, D.C. outsider since Obama-Rahm did him the favor of not letting him in on their gig. He has the backing of most progressives and liberals, the very people who worked hard to win the White House for Obama.

Oh they do fight....each other.

they don't learn. they r too nice.

they keep believing logic will work against fear, bigotry and ignorance.

it never works.

they need to fight fire with fire.

I agree with you - fight like your ememy fights.
First the Dems need to purge those in their own party that work against the interests of the party ... the Republicans are a very united party.

The democrat party today is not the party of JFK, the extreme liberal left with George Soros and Michael Moore hi-jacked it. The majority of democrats are opposed to the extreme left wing agenda of this administration, that's why the win in Massachusetts, the most liberal state in the nation, by a Republican in Scott Brown.

Democrats make up 37% of the electorate out there and app 20% of them switched and voted for Brown. That should tell you everything. You guys and your agenda are now TOAST!!!! The majority of democrats have been asleep, they are no longer.

they don't learn. they r too nice.

they keep believing logic will work against fear, bigotry and ignorance.

it never works.

they need to fight fire with fire.

First the Dems need to purge those in their own party that work against the interests of the party ... the Republicans are a very united party.

The democrat party today is not the party of JFK, the extreme liberal left with George Soros and Michael Moore hi-jacked it. The majority of democrats are opposed to the extreme left wing agenda of this administration, that's why the win in Massachusetts, the most liberal state in the nation, by a Republican in Scott Brown.

Democrats make up 37% of the electorate out there and app 20% of them switched and voted for Brown. That should tell you everything. You guys and your agenda are now TOAST!!!! The majority of democrats have been asleep, they are no longer.

that's a neat opinion.....but try and remember it's not fact.:lol:

"Democrats are dropping like flies."
-- Whore ABC News headline, Link

"In the House, 14 GOP incumbents have decided not to seek re-election, while 10 Democratic incumbents have made the same announcement. Does this mean Republicans are 'dropping like flies'? In the Senate, six Republican incumbents have decided not to seek re-election, while two Democratic incumbents have made the same announcement. Is this evidence of a mass Democratic exodus?"
-- Steve Benen, Link

Last edited:
[SIZE=+1]Democrats fear disaster ahead[/SIZE]
They tried so hard to fuck up - and they succeeded
Link Excerpt:
What a difference a year makes. Last January, Democrats were streaming into Washington eager to celebrate not just the inauguration of Barack Obama as president, but also their party's ascendancy from coast to coast. They'd gained ground in once-Republican turf such as the Mountain West and the Border South, added to their majorities in Congress and topped it all by seizing the presidency. "Yes, we can," a triumphant Obama trumpeted, and the country seemed to cheer in agreement. Now, the country seems to be yelling back, "No, you can't," and putting the Democrats on the defensive heading into next fall's elections, when the entire House of Representatives, 37 seats in the Senate and 39 governor's offices are up for election.

So President Kumbaya how many more times are you going to let the GOP bite you on the hand before you stop reaching out to them and give them a stiff kick?

Oh yes it is a fact, JFK passed one of the largest across the board tax cuts in history, something you would never see this administration do. He was also no wimp when it came to protecting his country. Why don't you read " A National Party No More," by Zell Miller, he states very clearly what the old Democratic party was like, they made the Republicans look weak on national defense.

In Fact, Scott Brown ran Kennedy adds in Massachusetts about Kennedy's tax cuts, he again brought up JFK last night in his acceptance speech. The only thing Ted Kennedy and JFK had in common were the parents. That's it.

And here's a fact for you Jay...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEdXrfIMdiU[/ame]

Last edited:
Copy%20of%20SorenJ20100118.jpg

"It's not that the Democrats are playing checkers and the Republicans are playing chess. It's that the Republicans are playing chess and the Democrats are in the nurse's office because once again they glued their balls to their thighs." –Jon Stewart

12010ta.jpg

"The Kennedy legacy goes down to a naked guy who owns a truck. Did you hear his bio? For God's sakes, the guy sounds like a fictional character in some racy David E. Kelly show about politics. Tonight on an all new 'Mass Appeal': Senator McDangly exercises his pocket veo." –Jon Stewart, on Scott Brown, Republican candidate for the Massachusetts Senate seat

the GOP mantra "tax breaks will fix everything" - maple, the year is 2010 bud try and comeup with something in color.

[SIZE=+1]Coakley Breaks Kerry's Concession Record[/SIZE]
Kerry applauds her work ethic
Link
Excerpt:
Several Coakley supporters were injured during her rush to get to the phone as quickly as possible to concede the race to Scott Brown even before AP called the race. That, while some 25% of the precincts had yet to report even how Diebold's easily-hacked, oft-failed optical-scan machines (which are in violation of federal voting system standards and programmed by a company with a disturbing and criminal background), had even reported their tabulation and, more disturbingly, while 0% of the voters' cast ballots in Massachusetts had been counted or examined by any human being on the face of the earth.

of course Obama called as soon as he could to tell her that you can't win them all so give up as quickly as possible.

"Put bluntly, who's afraid of Barack Obama? Who in the political arena
frets over what might happen if he or she crosses the president?"
-- Jeff Greenfield, Link

Oh yes it is a fact, JFK passed one of the largest across the board tax cuts in history, something you would never see this administration do. He was also no wimp when it came to protecting his country. Why don't you read " A National Party No More," by Zell Miller, he states very clearly what the old Democratic party was like, they made the Republicans look weak on national defense.

In Fact, Scott Brown ran Kennedy adds in Massachusetts about Kennedy's tax cuts, he again brought up JFK last night in his acceptance speech. The only thing Ted Kennedy and JFK had in common were the parents. That's it.

And here's a fact for you Jay...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEdXrfIMdiU]YouTube - Income Tax Cut, JFK Hopes To Spur Economy 1962/8/13[/ame]

Maple, I suggest you listen to what President Kennedy said about why January 1963 was the right time for tax cuts (NO economic crisis) and then educate yourself on the tax code that existed IN 1963. We still had tax rates implemented to pay for a world war effort.

Why JFK Cut Taxes

FYI...this article was written in 1996 ...

No doubt a determined econometrician can "prove" that the Kennedy-Johnson tax cut was a great success. He will have to be pretty determined. But even so, that would not make the Kennedy-Johnson tax cut a model for us. We start with much lower tax rates. We are much closer to full employment than we were, or thought we were, when Kennedy proposed the cut. We have a bigger deficit, relative to actual or potential national income. And, most important, we face frighteningly large deficits in the next generation, whereas Kennedy and Johnson thought they faced frighteningly large surpluses.

Fight back? Against what? Public disgust and outrage over what they are trying to do? Maybe instead of "fighting" they should try to come back to Earth and reality in general. These fucks up in DC are so out of touch it is disgusting.

[SIZE=+1]Obama backs down on TSA Chief[/SIZE]
Looks like the Brown election had no effect on him
Link
Excerpt:
Obama has accepted the resignation of his nominee to head the Transportation Security Administration. Erroll Southers, assistant chief for homeland security at Los Angeles World Airports Police Department, was nominated for the post by President Obama in early September. Sen. Jim DeMint, R-South Carolina, said, "Boo!" so Obama surrendered again.

Bush installed [SIZE=+1]criminals from his father's old gang [/SIZE]and the
Democrats said, "That's OK"

"We can’t win them all."
-- Obama, according to Coakley, Link

super-minority.jpg

"Bush never had better than 51 Republican Senators and was able to ram through some of the most harmful bills to ever become law in this great country. He did it by not giving a damn what the Democrates or the main stream media thought or said. They just did it and the voters ate it up. Voters like bold action and guts more than compromise and weakness no matter what the outcome. Maybe Brown's win will kick some sense into the White House and get Obama to come out of his stupor and get to work."
-- JSG, Link

"WHY can't we all figure this out? It's an 18-VOTE MAJORITY. That's A LOT OF EFFIN VOTES! Go out there, punch them in the face, take their lunch money and get this damned thing done. If I hear one more radio guy saying that "this could spell doom for the president's health care initiative" I'm going to scream. If you want it, go out there and take it. "
-- doc, Link

"I'll never stop fighting for you.
I'll never stop fighting to bring jobs back to (Ohio).
I'll never stop fighting for an economy where hard work is rewarded,
I'll never stop fighting for policies that will help restore home values,
I'll never stop fighting to give our kids the best education possible;
I'll never stop fighting to give every American a fair shake.
I'll never stop fighting to protect you from the kind of deceptive practices...
I'm fighting for a tough Consumer Financial Protection Agency.
I'll never stop fighting to open up government.
I'll never stop fighting to cut waste and abuse in Washington;
I'm going to keep up the fight for real, meaningful health insurance reforms.
I'll continue fighting for reform that will hold the insurance industry accountable."
-- Obama, Friday in Ohio, Link

oh you have been fighting.......

[SIZE=+1]
iDem.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Gibbs: Democrats are helpless without GOP[/SIZE]
Link Excerpt: There was a spirited exchange between Robert Gibbs and reporters at today’s press briefing that may irk those diehards who are still holding out hope that Dems will try to reform the filibuster:

GIBBS: One party is not going to solve these - not going to solve all these problems. One party is not going to make –

QUESTION: Why not? Why is one party not capable - when one party controls the House, Senate and the White House?
GIBBS: No, no, no, no, no - welcome to Washington. One party is not going to be able to solve all these.he American people want both parties to work together to solve these.

This is the emerging talking point from the White House and Congessional leadership:
Dems will never be able to get anything done without cooperation from Republicans.

WOW.....what a fucking pussy.

Facts definitely have Liberal bias.

You don't always need to fight back against the Republicans. They can't stop lying. Eventually, the facts catch up and there they are, once again covered in mud.

Remember, Republicans are like pigs. They drag you down into the mud and roll around and get dirty, but the pig "likes" it.

Everything they have touched for the last eight years has turned to "mud". Whether it's the economy or made up war or the incompetence of Katrina.

They let Bin Laden go. They invaded the wrong country. They ruined the economy. Hey, they had BOTH HOUSES and the Presidency. If they wanted to fix health care, they would have. Instead, they turned it into "wealth care" and they don't want to see all that hard work go to waste.

Look at Texas. Now it's mandatory to teach Bible Studies in public schools. Look at that 8 day health clinic in LA. Republicans hate that kind of stuff. How many were there helping out? Instead, they were at town halls screaming "Don't touch my health care". When the ones screaming outside were asked if they had health care, many said "no". But if they did, they don't want the government to touch it. Go figure.

Somehow, the rich, elite Republicans have convinced those worse off to defend them. Even though they hurt their followers, they still get them to defend policies that would hurt them even more.

You know that the Republican base believe the Christians living in Iraq now have a better life. They don't even know that the Christian religion that had been there two thousand years is nearly wiped out by the very people we "liberated". The people that throw shoes at our president. Good one. Job well done.

I don't know what they were trying to do, but whatever it was, it worked.
This is the post of a champion.
oh shit.....Sean Hannity is called a great American.....and now some moron calls Dean a CHAMPION.....:lol:.....these posts get better by the day....

democrat-gun.jpg

"I'm listening to the president's appearance today at the House Democratic retreat -- an analogue to last week's appearance before the Republicans. And I notice that whereas the message from the Republicans last week was 'you Democrats sure do suck', the message from the Dems standing and asking questions of Obama seems to be 'we Democrats sure do suck.'"
-- Josh Marshall, Link

See Democrats can be honest once in awhile.

Forum List

Back