pro choice health care

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Avatar4321, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,152
    Been thinking about it and I cant figure out how anyone who supports abortion can be pro government health care. I mean their whole argument for abortion is that it's their body and the government should have no say in the matter. They claim abortion is a legitimate medical procedure that they should be allowed to do because they have control over their body.

Yet, we should give up our bodily freedom to allow government to control what happens to our body when we are in need of medical treatment? The rationale makes no sense to me. Government cant interfere if another life is involved, but if no life is involved government should interfere?

If you dont want government telling you what to do in regards to your body, stop supporting politicians when they want government to control other peoples bodies. Your position is just completely inconsistant.

2. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,764
    The government wouldn't control what happens to your body. Medicare doesn't. The insurance bennies the retired Military and federal employees receive doesn't mean the government controls their bodies either.

Get a grip.