WI Fleebaggers Cave!

I didn't realize so many of the fleebaggers were eligible for recall. There are petitions against 13 of the 14 who ran away.

Actually there are 14 recalls in action. Six against Democrats and 8 against Republicans. (LINK)

I don't believe 13 (or 14) of the Democrat Senators that fled the State can be recalled. Wisconsin Law provides that an elected official cannot be recalled until they have served one year of their term (LINK).

>>>>

That's what I thought as well, but I read an article somewhere that said all but one had petitions against them.

But I just checked again, and it appears only 8 of the 14 are eligible, and 6 are being actively petitioned against (as you stated).

It doesn't matter, IMO. The Budget will be set next week anyway. The recalls won't have any effect until next year, if they have any effect at all.

True, I just thought you might be confusing Democrat recall drives with total recall drives.

I agree, it would not likely have a short term impact on the Budget Bill, however it could have other impacts. For example, statutory law recognized collective bargaining something like 30-40 years ago in Wisconsin (I'm not sure of the exact date), it has major restrictions placed on it in the Budget Repair Bill, if the legislature switches because of the recall those restrictions could be repealed or modified.

Also the Budget Repair bill places very strict limitations on localities in regards to their budget (such as, IIRC, reduced state funding and limiting the power of localities to replace that funding through their own tax base if they choose).

>>>>

Last edited:
I don't think Wisconsin really matters anymore, other than an emotional rallying point for whoever wins the battle there. While everyone was focused on Wisconsin, we made similar (in some cases greater) strides in Indiana, Ohio, and Rhode Island.

I will not be surprised if there is a surprise when the vote is taken on the WI Budget, and I won't be surprised if it goes as projected.

But it really won't matter to anyone other than Wisconsinites, and those who still think what happens in Wisconsin represents what will happen nationwide. Indiana, Ohio, Rhode Island, and soon to be several other States beg to differ with that observation.

Wow.

Nosy gekaap for state isolation

What? I never said anything about state isolation. I said that only that state's constituents have any place to complain about what the state officials are doing. Regardless of whether I think the what the Wisconsin legislators did was right or wrong or whatever, it's the Wisconsin voters who actually make that decision. What do I care if they left the state or not? I didn't elect them, they don't represent me, they don't answer to me. Why are so many people wanting to control the politics of a state in which they don't live?

Are you fully awake yet?

Last edited:
Just show up
Win the debate
Get two repugs to come over to your side
WIN!

Nothing to it.

Ummmmm????

Maybe you missed the part about the bill not being able to be amended now?

They can debate all they want, but it won't change anything. The Republicans have no reason not to vote in favor of it since they've already stood firm to this point.

If it was SO simple to do, then the Dems wouldn't have needed to run away in the first place.

Just show up
Win the debate
WIN!

Nothing to it.

Ummmmm????

Maybe you missed the part about the bill not being able to be amended now?

They can debate all they want, but it won't change anything. The Republicans have no reason not to vote in favor of it since they've already stood firm to this point.

If it was SO simple to do, then the Dems wouldn't have needed to run away in the first place.

But Seeker....

This is such a contentious, historically corrupt issue, that it would not shock or surprise me at all if one of the GOP has been "gotten to" and magically flips their vote during the call. The unions have a LOT of money, and they have made it clear that violence, even murder, is an acceptable means to the end.

Scott Walker will be an American hero! All the bashing, all the screaming of injustice by the left and every other dirty tactics by the hypocrites on the left did nothing to sway the man on the right side of history.

Bravo brave Christian Soldier. Bravo!

Wow.

What? I never said anything about state isolation. I said that only that state's constituents have any place to complain about what the state officials are doing. Regardless of whether I think the what the Wisconsin legislators did was right or wrong or whatever, it's the Wisconsin voters who actually make that decision. What do I care if they left the state or not? I didn't elect them, they don't represent me, they don't answer to me. Why are so many people wanting to control the politics of a state in which they don't live?

I could give a shit less about what happens in Wisconsin politics. I think they deserve what they get when they elect officials that show their true colors in a time of need. I hope they all are never re-elected again. What I do care about is Wisconsin cheese. I am fearful that in their stupidity, they will do something that alters the quality and the production of that great Wisconsin cheese. I love me some cheese. Especially Wisconsin cheese. Please don't fuck with the cheese.:lol:

Just show up
Win the debate
WIN!

Nothing to it.

They did that in Ohio but one R senator who was against the bill was sent out
of the room and a more pliable senator brought in so the bill would pass
17-16.

These Republicans are tools and they don't care about ethics. So don't say
"just" do this or that as if this bunch of slugs care anything about fair play.

From that article:

State Sen. Bob Jauch, who has been one of the lead negotiators, also said of Miller's comments: "I think he's speaking the truth that at some point - and I don't know when soon is - at some point we have to say we've done all we can."

Anyone want to bet that "soon" will be before the 30 day window? March 21.

They'll be back by then, because on March 22, it affects them directly.

WOW Recalls up the ass.

Wonder who will get the short end of the recall stick??

My moneys on the gutless Dems.

Wow.

why not?.....some states like California pass things and the other states start doing the same thing.....so why not be involved,or at least interested....

Not a surprise at all.

They first went AWOL on 2/17.

They only have 12 days to return before the Senate could remove them without a recall.

They've known all along they lost the battle, they were only posturing for the surrender.
Like I said before... any way we can make sure they don't come back in 12 days?

Not a surprise at all.

They only have 12 days to return before the Senate could remove them without a recall.

They've known all along they lost the battle, they were only posturing for the surrender.

I highly doubt it.....

They are, after all, still politicians.

As soon as it no longer benefits them personally, they'll be on to the next crisis.

Just show up
Win the debate
WIN!

Nothing to it.

They did that in Ohio but one R senator who was against the bill was sent out
of the room and a more pliable senator brought in so the bill would pass
17-16.

These Republicans are tools and they don't care about ethics. So don't say
"just" do this or that as if this bunch of slugs care anything about fair play.

Odd..

This was perfectly ok with you when your leftist thugs were ramming 0bamacare through....

I guess this is somehow "different".....lol

Not a surprise at all.

I highly doubt it.....

As soon as it no longer benefits them personally, they'll be on to the next crisis.
Mannnnnnnnn.... You mean we can't trick em onto a minibus, take away their government credit cards and get them stuck in a time share presentation for the next 2 weeks in Branson?

I highly doubt it.....

Mannnnnnnnn.... You mean we can't trick em onto a minibus, take away their government credit cards and get them stuck in a time share presentation for the next 2 weeks in Branson?

Priceless!!!!

I can only rep you once, damn it!!!!

Forum List

Back