Why Thomas Jefferson Owned a Qur’an

Indeed. I use an older translation of the Koran, by Pickthall; may of the newer 'translations' are faked and 'cleaned up' in order to fool modern western readers as to what it really says.
Picaro, no translator of the Qur'an is trying to fool the western reader with a bogus translation of the book. Translation from one language to another will never be an exact science. Because some words, thoughts, and ideas, are very difficult to convey to another language.

Heck, just think about how many versions there are of the Bible, dozens and dozens. And scholars still have heated arguments today over which Bible translation is the most accurate. ..... :cool:

Indeed. I use an older translation of the Koran, by Pickthall; may of the newer 'translations' are faked and 'cleaned up' in order to fool modern western readers as to what it really says.
Picaro, no translator of the Qur'an is trying to fool the western reader with a bogus translation of the book. Translation from one language to another will never be an exact science. Because some words, thoughts, and ideas, are very difficult to convey to another language.

Nonsense.

Heck, just think about how many versions there are of the Bible, dozens and dozens. And scholars still have heated arguments today over which Bible translation is the most accurate. ..... :cool:

Not really; the vast majority of them only modernize their language, and are still very accurate, despite all the noise assorted deviants keep claiming. It isn't how many versions there are, it's how many of those are accepted, a very small number. I also am not supporting those fakes, either, like the 'Gnostic' rubbish or the Mormon version, for instance. Those are 'versions', but aren't anywhere near the mainstream and accurate translations out there.

That being said, there are plenty of legitimate Muslim scholars who can be trusted, mainly those Egyptian scholars who don't compromise from the ancient records, and approve the three top translations into English and other languages. Too many people are becoming aware of the practice of taqiyya, abrogation, and kithman as features of Islamic culture and religious practices when it comes to dealing with 'infidels'; maybe the more sane Islamists will finally see the errors of those practices when it comes to propagandizing countries with free presses and up their game.

I'm not opposed to everything it says, since it's mostly just rehashed Judaism and Zoroastrianism, any more than I feel any need to entirely accept everything in the Old Testament or New Testament. That also means I'm free to note its origins and looniness; as with all theologies; they aren't all morally and intellectually equivalent, despite the PC rubbish. It's just a cultural and intellectual dead end, as with Buddhism an dits parent Hinduism, and the assorted Asian mythologies and peasant paganisms. Christianity beats them all for its cultural and intellectual dynamism, and thus the far superior evolution in theological and philosophical sophistication and contributions to human progress.

Last edited:
[
That being said, there are plenty of legitimate Muslim scholars who can be trusted, mainly those Egyptian scholars who don't compromise from the ancient records, and approve the three top translations into English and other languages. Too many people are becoming aware of the practice of taqiyya, abrogation, and kithman as features of Islamic culture and religious practices when it comes to dealing with 'infidels'; maybe the more sane Islamists will finally see the errors of those practices when it comes to propagandizing countries with free presses and up their game.
Picaro, I can assure you that all non arabic speaking muslims are always looking for the best and closest word for word translation of the Qur'an.

Personally, I own well over 20 different copies of the the Qur'an by various translators, in the vain hope of finding the perfect translation. Which ain't never gonna happen. ..... :cool:

[
Picaro, I can assure you that all non arabic speaking muslims are always looking for the best and closest word for word translation of the Qur'an.

Personally, I own well over 20 different copies of the the Qur'an by various translators, in the vain hope of finding the perfect translation. Which ain't never gonna happen. ..... :cool:
Because the Sunni interpretation of the Koran is wrong, that's why.

Muhammad holding Qur'an carved into the wall of the US Supreme Court.

0119muhammad03.jpg
Notice Mohammed is also holding a sword to chop off your head if you don't submit.

Jefferson owned a Quran to learn about the doctrines of Islam. Jefferson is the President that finally decided to confront the muslim pirates. Once again, leftists are attempting to rewrite American history.

0119muhammad03.jpg
So THAT'S what Mohammed looks like!!! Cool! I always thought that it was against something in Islam to draw his actual face. Shows how much of a fake mooslim you are. Or just don't know all that much about the religion. Which is it?

Start watching around 3:30 ..... :cool:

I own several copies of the Koran. Muslims in the USA give them out OBSESSIVELY ---I believe ---but am not sure that the free korans are funded by a weird idiot named "prince talal" Why be surprised that some of the
slaves were shahada muslims? When enslaved ---any ABED willing to "become a muslim" is in a
lot better shape under the stench of shariah than is one who did not. Try to remember---muslims controlled
the slave trade------at the time that Jefferson was fiddling on his farm--------before the slave traders
were muslims-----they were arabs----like Muhummad. When the bandit muhummad robbed caravans of their
wealth-----part of that wealth was SLAVE----either already so designated or so designated after he got them.
SHEEEESH learn a little history. I know of NO evidence that indicates Jefferson wanted to know something about islam because some slaves had had it shoved down their throats

0119muhammad03.jpg
So THAT'S what Mohammed looks like!!! Cool! I always thought that it was against something in Islam to draw his actual face. Shows how much of a fake mooslim you are. Or just don't know all that much about the religion. Which is it?

shouldn't da muzzies be over there slitting throats and at the very least throwing pig shit at the
guy with the orb with a cross on top? Notice he holds a scimitar----the curved kind designed for
decapitation

...I think that everyone should read both the Bible and the Qur'an to know what these people believe. For those few people who don't have a Bible, the first link below will lead you to a site which has dozens of versions in multiple languages. It also has word search and passage search. For those who do not have a copy of the Qur'an, the second link will lead you to M.H. Shakir's translation of this Book.

Indeed. I use an older translation of the Koran, by Pickthall; many of the newer 'translations' are faked and 'cleaned up' in order to fool modern western readers as to what it really says. If one can find a pre-1980's Pickthall translation, they will be okay; the older hard copies are best.

Geert Wilder was 100% correct when he pointed out the Koran was hate speech and should be banned according to Dutch and EU laws in most EU countries.

I read the Pickthall version ----circa 1970. At that time my informant----a surgeon from
Karachi Pakistan----told me that before Pickthall ---there was no translation into English
(don't quote me----its hearsay) He knew I had it because I was so horrified by the mash
up of bible stories that I told him ---"get in touch with the publishers and printers-----they
messed up everything" He also said it had not be translated into Urdu-----so he never read it

better yet----find a jew who is literate in arabic

Leave it to Irosie with her psycho rants to kill a good thread.

Whenever she shows up, the people having an informative discussion about Islam and muslims usually choose to abandon the thread.

Sad but true...... :cool:

Whenever she shows up, the people having an informative discussion about Islam and muslims usually choose to abandon the thread.

what could I have POSSIBLY written that caused you to become SO NEGATIVE?. I like information-----which version of the Koran would you like to discuss? Pickthal? Ali Yusuf? Dawood?

Why Thomas Jefferson Owned a Qur’an

Because he sometimes ran out of toilet paper. Amirite or AMIRITE?

Congress bought Jefferson's library because attempt s to alleviate his destitute position were futile and so they offered to buy his books...

Ok, here's your chance, tell me something good about Islam that I did not know. I'll wait. :popcorn:

Ok, here's your chance, tell me something good about Islam that I did not know. I'll wait. :popcorn:

I got something.......... uh...somewhere.......

Forum List

Back