Why the avie?

Probably it's a cool down period, she'll be back I imagine. I can't imagine Gracie doing anything that would get her banned for good, most likely she just got carried away on a topic that triggers her.

I hope so, I'd miss her terribly if she didn't return.

Me too. She "friended" me my first day, and made me feel welcome.

I'm shell-shocked. Does anyone know why Grace was banned? None of her posts seemed to be out of line... :(

On topic, I use a rather dull owl-drawing as my avatar on another forum, but I'm always building it up by referring to it as "my most excellent owl." So they kinda call me owl lady or hooter babe. A friend of mine posted it over there with the caption, "This is what Di looks like when she laughs!"

That cracked me up; thus, it is now my avatar on USMB! :lol:

All the good people are getting banned these days. ;)

I see it too... wonder if they just need a break or if they're plants to keep this place going. When they've had enough they get replace by a new person..... anything is possible on the web especially in forums. Its all Bullshit said by bullshitters for the most part.
I'm came here for the politics.. it was quite boring in here politically so I moved on to music and some of the general stuff. I have made some good forum friends though.. Nice folks.

How on earth do two people who joined in July know that all the good people are being banned these days?

What pompous bullshit.

And "boring" is usually code for "I don't rate".

How on earth do two people who joined in July know that all the good people are being banned these days?

What pompous bullshit.

And "boring" is usually code for "I don't rate".

It was an inside joke. BDBoop and I belonged to another forum for many years, and there have been a spate of bannings there. We both followed one of the banned to this forum! Other than that, I don't know anything about bannings here as USMB. Grace was the first person I saw the "banned" label on, and since I like her a lot, it surprised me.

Nothing nefarious, honest!

Why the avie?

I've been wearing this "avie" for 62 years..why stop now? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You poor fucking bastard.

You poor poor poor fucking fugly bastard.

:D

You would give your left nut to have been with the worst ten of my best one hundred ...

You know it's true...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIrhVo1WA78]‪Nelson - ha ha!‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Just sayin....:eusa_whistle:

Why the avie?

I've been wearing this "avie" for 62 years..why stop now? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You poor fucking bastard.

You poor poor poor fucking fugly bastard.

:D

You would give your left nut to have been with the worst ten of my best one hundred ...

You know it's true...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIrhVo1WA78]‪Nelson - ha ha!‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Just sayin....:eusa_whistle:

You know you are delusional.

Just answerin'.

My vote is for Grace.. She is a peach for sure. Full of wisdom and fun.
Sorry Sky.........

No need to apologize to me. I had nothing to do with her being banned. I'm sorry she's gone. I have no beef with her.
Live in your fantasy world. :evil:

I have no problem with grace. None. I didn't start the grace thread, she did. I didn't say anything negative to her.

I'm sorry she's banned.

No need to apologize to me. I had nothing to do with her being banned. I'm sorry she's gone. I have no beef with her.

Grace, banned... no way......... are you serious? I'll look now.
By the way has any body seen a post from the douche bag with the ugly little white and black dog avi? I can't remember her name and I really don't give a shit what it is.
I would like to bust her balls a little though.

Blues

As if you could.

And keep your fingers away from my mouth or you might lose them...

Nice you admit that's why you chose the avie you did. You bite.

By the way has any body seen a post from the douche bag with the ugly little white and black dog avi? I can't remember her name and I really don't give a shit what it is.

Blues

As if you could.

Nice you admit that's why you chose the avie you did. You bite.

You know allie, That is one ugly fucking avatar... Do something about it.. at least smile before you take your next picture.

I find Lenny Bruce to be one of the most important voices in modern times (and profoundly hilarious).

I also find the notion of a picture of Lenny Bruce flying the bird at many anonymous posters on this board to be profoundly hilarious.

Are you not anonymous and hilarious? Many have told me you're a funny guy. You were surely referring to the douche bags in a nice/dry humorous way?

Blues...

Douche bags?

What?

Blues

As if you could.

Perhaps you are having problems distinguishing between "white and black" and "white and brown"?

St. Blues was talking about TM.

I used to go in for horse themes, but my screen name is for Chief American Horse, and horses got to be a little bland after a while. I'm a conservative, my first vote was was for Goldwater. I believe in the strategic use of American power, an "empire of trust," so my party is still the Republican Party. I still prefer animal themes, so an elephant works for me too.

The quasi elephant head I'm presently using is a "cavernously eroded ventifact" of granite near Bull Pass Antarctica. The freezing and thawing does it's work very fast in Antarctica, even on granite, but with a peculiarly unique pattern to it; moisture condenses under the "roof"'of the boulder, freezing there where the sun never reaches. As the boulder's only damp surface, it's the only place subject to frost action; every where else it is being worn away by the action of the wind and airborn abrasive particles pruducing the domed shape.

As the years pass the under side of the rock is being cavernously eroded producing the caricature of an elephant in the process. The same effect has been duplicated several times on the face of this bluff overlooking the pass.

I like it's loneliness (I'm a loner), I like the suggestion of age (I'm probably one of the oldest members), and one my interests (in the natural sciences) is geology, and I think Antarctica is the most fascinating place on earth.

Last edited:
I'm shell-shocked. Does anyone know why Grace was banned? None of her posts seemed to be out of line... :(

On topic, I use a rather dull owl-drawing as my avatar on another forum, but I'm always building it up by referring to it as "my most excellent owl." So they kinda call me owl lady or hooter babe. A friend of mine posted it over there with the caption, "This is what Di looks like when she laughs!"

That cracked me up; thus, it is now my avatar on USMB! :lol:

i banned her.

i'm shell-shocked. Does anyone know why grace was banned? None of her posts seemed to be out of line... :(

on topic, i use a rather dull owl-drawing as my avatar on another forum, but i'm always building it up by referring to it as "my most excellent owl." so they kinda call me owl lady or hooter babe. A friend of mine posted it over there with the caption, "this is what di looks like when she laughs!"

that cracked me up; thus, it is now my avatar on usmb! :lol:

i banned her.

:razz:

I spent a weekend watching the Matrix Trilogy 3 times (straight up, Philosopher's commentary, Critics Commentary) It was fascinating, and I realized how much there was to the Merovingian scenes. This occurred right about the same time that I dealt with a lot of correlary/causation confusion in the AGW threads. (quelle suprise) Merovingian's all about causality. So I'm just representing making causality mah bitch.

Otherwise, other pop culture icons I've used have included

Lo Pan, (not on this earth to 'get it' Mr. Burton)
Captain Haddock (Blisterin' Barnicles) Expert insult artist
Dr. Who (I'm Clever)
The Host (Christmas terrors from Dr. Who)
The Vashta Nerada (Hey! Who turned out the lights?! Another Dr. Who Monster)

And I used for years and years my long lost kitteh, Buster. Flame Point with intense blue eye. It was his memorial ever since we put him down due prematurely to health problems. I left another forum where it was my icon there.

It's nearing time to change again. Maybe something Labor Day-ish. I dunno.

Forum List

Back