Why the avie?

I know but I like to think/write/say 'union jack' - its much more committed.

Doesn't it just, dear girl. Doesn't. It. Just.

Indeed it does. Much like I hope that it's emblazoned upon all God fearing Americans' souls, too, if they know what's good for them!

The correlation between the Union Flag and the Confederacy had never occurred to me.

Without looking too far into it, I fear that - like the Confederate flag - it [Union flag] is still a source of controversy for some. In that, however charming we may be, we'll still be regarded as your former overlords* by a reticent few.

*Which isn't altogether a bad thing, might I add.

Well, I don't know about all of that Blagger! But I can share that if I am to serve up any British influence, I will begin with Bubble & Squeak. (yet another something fun to say!)
Say "Bangers and mash" I love that too

My vote is for Grace.. She is a peach for sure. Full of wisdom and fun.
Sorry Sky.........

No need to apologize to me. I had nothing to do with her being banned. I'm sorry she's gone. I have no beef with her.

Grace, banned... no way......... are you serious? I'll look now.
By the way has any body seen a post from the douche bag with the ugly little white and black dog avi? I can't remember her name and I really don't give a shit what it is.
I would like to bust her balls a little though.

Blues

As if you could.

And keep your fingers away from my mouth or you might lose them...

I'm shell-shocked. Does anyone know why Grace was banned? None of her posts seemed to be out of line... :(

On topic, I use a rather dull owl-drawing as my avatar on another forum, but I'm always building it up by referring to it as "my most excellent owl." So they kinda call me owl lady or hooter babe. A friend of mine posted it over there with the caption, "This is what Di looks like when she laughs!"

That cracked me up; thus, it is now my avatar on USMB! :lol:

I'm not really much into using avatars. This is the first site I've been on that uses them almost exclusively, a little hard to get use to the aninmity.

I'm shell-shocked. Does anyone know why Grace was banned? None of her posts seemed to be out of line... :(

On topic, I use a rather dull owl-drawing as my avatar on another forum, but I'm always building it up by referring to it as "my most excellent owl." So they kinda call me owl lady or hooter babe. A friend of mine posted it over there with the caption, "This is what Di looks like when she laughs!"

That cracked me up; thus, it is now my avatar on USMB! :lol:

All the good people are getting banned these days. ;)

Probably it's a cool down period, she'll be back I imagine. I can't imagine Gracie doing anything that would get her banned for good, most likely she just got carried away on a topic that triggers her.

I hope so, I'd miss her terribly if she didn't return.

I've had a thing for fuzzy bears for years. I have a silly voice in which I occasionally tell fuzzy bear stories I make up. Kids love them, although they really aren't appropriate for kids (the fuzzy bears always end up dead, usually at the fins of the bloated-headed fishies!).

Also, I'm too lazy to change it. :lol:

Your stylized bear looks like a Native bear fetish...

I'm fond of those myself, I wore one for all the years I was with my ex...

This one is zunni:

8653.JPG

Huggy's avie cracks me up BECAUSE...

for the longest time, I thought it was a pic of Hughey Lewis, and I thought *huggy* was some sort of take on *hughey*.

Not correct at all!

Huggy's avie cracks me up BECAUSE...

for the longest time, I thought it was a pic of Hughey Lewis, and I thought *huggy* was some sort of take on *hughey*.

Not correct at all!

Nope! Just pure Sean Corey! albiet 5 year old pic.. The "Huggy" is a nic I picked up here in Seattle for starting "The Huggable Doll Company"...which I sold the rights to ..but the nic stuck with my friends..so I use it as a goof.

Marcus Ulpius Trajanus was one of the most beloved and most accomplished Emperors, yet there is precious little written of his reign. His life intrigues me.

Marcus Ulpius Trajanus was one of the most beloved and most accomplished Emperors, yet there is precious little written of his reign. His life intrigues me.

iI enjoyed reading , "I Claudius", in the early '80's. And the BBC series.

Forum List

Back