Why the avie?

Apart from it being a potent icon of condescending snobbery, it's both who I am and reminds you all of your heritage.

That's remarkably similar to waving the confederate flag to remind blacks of their heritage, and about as useful.

Do you mean to say that my avatar offends you, Allie? It would be such a great shame if it did, as you'd effectively be objecting to your colonial heritage. I mean, that would be the equivalent of yours truly thinking the unthinkable by taking exception to the Eagles of Rome that once wandered my sceptred isle.

I think the Union Jack is pretty.

The Confederate flag symbolizes a part of our past American history. It belongs in the past.

That's remarkably similar to waving the confederate flag to remind blacks of their heritage, and about as useful.

Do you mean to say that my avatar offends you, Allie? It would be such a great shame if it did, as you'd effectively be objecting to your colonial heritage. I mean, that would be the equivalent of yours truly thinking the unthinkable by taking exception to the Eagles of Rome that once wandered my sceptred isle.

I have it on impeccable authority that the majority of Americans share that sentiment, Kiki, dear girl. It's just a shame that they aren't as candid as you are. In any case, I'm sure that Allie's just joshing with us all and secretly harbours great affection for the Union flag (I hate to pedantic, but it's only referred to as the Union Jack when it's flying from the mast of a ship).

I have it on impeccable authority that the majority of Americans share that sentiment, Kiki, dear girl. It's just a shame that they aren't as candid as you are. In any case, I'm sure that Allie's just joshing with us all and secretly harbours great affection for the Union flag (I hate to pedantic, but it's only referred to as the Union Jack when it's flying from the mast of a ship).

:lol: I know but I like to think/write/say 'union jack' - its much more committed.

The Union Flag appears on the Baton Rouge city flag, the state of Hawaii, & Tauston Mass as well as BC. The correlation between the Union Flag and the Confederacy had never occurred to me.

I know but I like to think/write/say 'union jack' - its much more committed.

Doesn't it just, dear girl. Doesn't. It. Just.

The Union Flag appears on the Baton Rouge city flag, the state of Hawaii, & Tauston Mass as well as BC.

Indeed it does. Much like I hope that it's emblazoned upon all God fearing Americans' souls, too, if they know what's good for them!

The correlation between the Union Flag and the Confederacy had never occurred to me.

Without looking too far into it, I fear that - like the Confederate flag - it [Union flag] is still a source of controversy for some. In that, however charming we may be, we'll still be regarded as your former overlords* by a reticent few.

*Which isn't altogether a bad thing, might I add.

Last edited:

I know but I like to think/write/say 'union jack' - its much more committed.

Doesn't it just, dear girl. Doesn't. It. Just.

The Union Flag appears on the Baton Rouge city flag, the state of Hawaii, & Tauston Mass as well as BC.

Indeed it does. Much like I hope that it's emblazoned upon all God fearing Americans' souls, too, if they know what's good for them!

The correlation between the Union Flag and the Confederacy had never occurred to me.

Without looking too far into it, I fear that - like the Confederate flag - it [Union flag] is still a source of controversy for some. In that, however charming we may be, we'll still be regarded as your former overlords* by a reticent few.

*Which isn't altogether a bad thing, might I add.

Well, I don't know about all of that Blagger! But I can share that if I am to serve up any British influence, I will begin with Bubble & Squeak. (yet another something fun to say!)

My vote is for Grace.. She is a peach for sure. Full of wisdom and fun.
Sorry Sky.........

No need to apologize to me. I had nothing to do with her being banned. I'm sorry she's gone. I have no beef with her.

Grace, banned... no way......... are you serious? I'll look now.
By the way has any body seen a post from the douche bag with the ugly little white and black dog avi? I can't remember her name and I really don't give a shit what it is.
I would like to bust her balls a little though.

Blues

Last edited:
She goes where I go. If I don't pay attention to her, she starts bait threads.

Luser, too.

Yeah, that is what happened. :lol:

or it could have been you made a comment about me in a thread I wasn't posting in anymore, and you just needed to talk about me out of the blue.... I think you are the one with the obsession. I mean, all you can do is talk about my private life.

You're a whack job, dear.

My vote is for Grace.. She is a peach for sure. Full of wisdom and fun.
Sorry Sky.........

No need to apologize to me. I had nothing to do with her being banned. I'm sorry she's gone. I have no beef with her.

By the way has any body seen a post from the douche bag with the ugly little white and black dog avi? I can't remember her name and I really don't give a shit what it is.

Blues

that whack job is truthdoesntmatter.

oops... truthmatters

I've had a thing for fuzzy bears for years. I have a silly voice in which I occasionally tell fuzzy bear stories I make up. Kids love them, although they really aren't appropriate for kids (the fuzzy bears always end up dead, usually at the fins of the bloated-headed fishies!).

Also, I'm too lazy to change it. :lol:

Blues

that whack job is truthdoesntmatter.

oops... truthmatters

ahh, What a name she chose. No one here thinks she does.

Blues

I find Lenny Bruce to be one of the most important voices in modern times (and profoundly hilarious).

I also find the notion of a picture of Lenny Bruce flying the bird at many anonymous posters on this board to be profoundly hilarious.

I find Lenny Bruce to be one of the most important voices in modern times (and profoundly hilarious).

I also find the notion of a picture of Lenny Bruce flying the bird at many anonymous posters on this board to be profoundly hilarious.

Are you not anonymous and hilarious? Many have told me you're a funny guy. You were surely referring to the douche bags in a nice/dry humorous way?

Blues...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back