Why smug atheists are wrong

I am a smug atheist and proud of it.
That does not mean that I am intolerant of those who choose to believe in a god or somesuch.

I am a smug atheist and proud of it.
That does not mean that I am intolerant of those who choose to believe in a god or somesuch.

Smug bastard, tolerant teddy bear?

I wonder where smugness originates?

From one being sure they are correct.
Just ask any preacher ;)

I am so use to seeing smugness on these type of forums in varying degrees I just expect it and shrug. I don't come here selling anything so I don't much care what anyone believes. I have only one ass to be concerned about and it is mine. :eusa_angel: (So many husband jokes left at the curb this time)

Of course one could believe in god and evolution.

Quite a few people do. I will bet you that there is no one single piece of evidence you can point to as proof of evolution though, care to take me up on it?

Wow.

Evolution is a word that encompasses a enormous array of theory, much of which is backed up by sound empirical data, so for someone to "prove evolution" they wouldn't be able to do so by addressing one point or another.

What you're asking for simply isn't relevant to anyone who actually understands Evolution.

That is exactly the point I am making here.

Last edited:
Of course one could believe in god and evolution.

Quite a few people do. I will bet you that there is no one single piece of evidence you can point to as proof of evolution though, care to take me up on it?

Can you find evidence God exists?

Not only can I find that evidence, I can list lots of it. The problem is that you will automatically reject any evidence I provide because it does not amount to absolute proof. If science used that standard we wouldn't have any theories at all. We would not even have scientific laws, all we would have is philosophy.

How about an explanation for the evolutionary need for these...... why aren't they all across the world.....there are ants everywhere?

Giant Anteater working on snacks - YouTube

Evolution has no needs. Only someone who didn't understand would try to frame a question that way.

How about an explanation for why you have no clue what you're babbling about?

Wow, what an impressive cartoon you are, full of smugness. So you are saying that everything is nothing but an accident, you don't have a clue about design do you. Have you ever had a creative thought in your smug life ace? I doubt it.

It basically comes down to one word, wonder. Smug atheists insist there is no room for wonder in the universe, and that their experience is the only valid one. The simple fact is that, a sense of wonder makes us humble, and anyone that approaches the universe without wonder and humility is crazier than the guy who thinks he is in charge.

Are you joking? Atheists as in love with science as I am are full of wonder at the Universe. It's fucking amazing and it excites me at a very high level.

Anybody in love with science will probably have that.

RELIGION ISN'T A FUCKING FACTOR, you god damn retard.

When you look at all the amazing things in the universe, do you get excited about mankind finding out how everything ticks and works? Or do you just go "Well god made it... that's all the complexity I need to understand." What's to wonder about when god is at the center of everything...

Last edited:
It basically comes down to one word, wonder. Smug atheists insist there is no room for wonder in the universe, and that their experience is the only valid one. The simple fact is that, a sense of wonder makes us humble, and anyone that approaches the universe without wonder and humility is crazier than the guy who thinks he is in charge.

Bronze Age savages used to wonder at plagues... Now we know they are caused by things called germs, and we have containment protocols and vaccinnes and anti-biotics.

While religious idiots cowered, wondering who they had to kill to appease their magic sky pixie, rational men got to the answer of the thing.

Yes, the universe is pretty impressive, so impressive it makes the concept of the Abrahamic God kind of silly.

The smuggest of atheists some times pick inconvenient allies:

Charter enshrining Shariah at core of Egypt crisis - Yahoo! News

b76f25606a390a22230f6a706700164c.jpg

Prove there is a god and I'll prove there isn't. Since you made it up, you first.

How about an explanation for the evolutionary need for these...... why aren't they all across the world.....there are ants everywhere?

Giant Anteater working on snacks - YouTube

Evolution has no needs. Only someone who didn't understand would try to frame a question that way.

How about an explanation for why you have no clue what you're babbling about?

Wow, what an impressive cartoon you are, full of smugness.

No smugness there. Just calling a fool a fool. No one's asking you to like it.
So you are saying that everything is nothing but an accident, you don't have a clue about design do you. Have you ever had a creative thought in your smug life ace? I doubt it.

No, I didn't say anything even remotely similar to that.

Your poor reading comprehension is why you look so foolish here.

Last edited:

Wow.

Evolution is a word that encompasses a enormous array of theory, much of which is backed up by sound empirical data, so for someone to "prove evolution" they wouldn't be able to do so by addressing one point or another.

What you're asking for simply isn't relevant to anyone who actually understands Evolution.

No, it's not.

Wow.

No, it's not.

This thread is turning into the "Creationists" thread. Grand. We need another one of those.

Forum List

Back