Why smug atheists are wrong

I think any smug people are wrong. God wants us to be humble, not proud. Smugness is a symptom of pride.

It basically comes down to one word, wonder. Smug atheists insist there is no room for wonder in the universe, and that their experience is the only valid one. The simple fact is that, a sense of wonder makes us humble, and anyone that approaches the universe without wonder and humility is crazier than the guy who thinks he is in charge.

Are you joking? Atheists as in love with science as I am are full of wonder at the Universe. It's fucking amazing and it excites me at a very high level.

Anybody in love with science will probably have that.

RELIGION ISN'T A FUCKING FACTOR, you god damn retard.

When you look at all the amazing things in the universe, do you get excited about mankind finding out how everything ticks and works? Or do you just go "Well god made it... that's all the complexity I need to understand." What's to wonder about when god is at the center of everything...

Do yourself a favor, go look up what an adjective is, and how they modify nouns, then come back and reread my post. If, after you understand it, you still have a problem with what I am actually saying, we can talk.

It basically comes down to one word, wonder. Smug atheists insist there is no room for wonder in the universe, and that their experience is the only valid one. The simple fact is that, a sense of wonder makes us humble, and anyone that approaches the universe without wonder and humility is crazier than the guy who thinks he is in charge.

Bronze Age savages used to wonder at plagues... Now we know they are caused by things called germs, and we have containment protocols and vaccinnes and anti-biotics.

While religious idiots cowered, wondering who they had to kill to appease their magic sky pixie, rational men got to the answer of the thing.

Yes, the universe is pretty impressive, so impressive it makes the concept of the Abrahamic God kind of silly.

Another illustration of my point.

Are you joking? Atheists as in love with science as I am are full of wonder at the Universe. It's fucking amazing and it excites me at a very high level.

When you look at all the amazing things in the universe, do you get excited about mankind finding out how everything ticks and works? Or do you just go "Well god made it... that's all the complexity I need to understand." What's to wonder about when god is at the center of everything...

Do yourself a favor, go look up what an adjective is, and how they modify nouns, then come back and reread my post. If, after you understand it, you still have a problem with what I am actually saying, we can talk.

What the fuck are you talking about? I didn't interpret or respond to your post in any other way than it was written and intended.

You're just flat out fucking wrong. You said that Atheists, ever cocky and confident insist that there is no room for wonder and that what they believe is the only thing that is relevant.

It's all fucking FALSE. Individuals who are not religious, if they have a great love for science and the mysteries and spectacles of the universe, can be absolutely filled with wonder. I am.

So try again, Windbag.

Also, you should check into you own god damn smugness, you fucking hypocrite.

Last edited:

What the fuck are you talking about? I didn't interpret or respond to your post in any other way than it was written and intended.

You're just flat out fucking wrong. You said that Atheists, ever cocky and confident insist that there is no room for wonder and that what they believe is the only thing that is relevant.

It's all fucking FALSE. Individuals who are not religious, if they have a great love for science and the mysteries and spectacles of the universe, can be absolutely filled with wonder. I am.

So try again, Windbag.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is a product of the US Public School system, and is absolute proof that more money and more teachers is not the answer.

This thread is turning into the "Creationists" thread. Grand. We need another one of those.

That is what happens when we allow smug idiots to post.

Our newest liberal retard attributes the American Revolution to the fact that England had a king.

In which case oxygen also caused the revolution, as we also breathe air.

Oh, honey, I'm sorry I handed you your ass again and that you have to lie so often.

Perhaps if you had ever had a chance to get an education, you wouldn't be so bitter towards those of us who see right through your bullshit and call you out on it.

You have my pity. Must suck to live in fear like you do.

So try again, Windbag.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is a product of the US Public School system, and is absolute proof that more money and more teachers is not the answer.

Sorry, but unless you fucking explain yourself, and explain exactly HOW I am reading what you are saying wrong, shut the fuck up.

Do you really not know what you fucking said, and how many sane person would fucking interpret it? You're focusing in on the "smug atheists" part and saying I am somehow not understanding the adjective smug.

So please, enlighten everybody and make me feel like an idiot by explaining exactly what the fuck you are talking about.

But you can't... because you know you're going off on a tangent because you don't have any better fucking defense for the bullshit you were spouting and what I had to say in response to it.

So try again, Windbag.

Sorry, but unless you fucking explain yourself, and explain exactly HOW I am reading what you are saying wrong, shut the fuck up.

Do you really not know what you fucking said, and how many sane person would fucking interpret it? You're focusing in on the "smug atheists" part and saying I am somehow not understanding the adjective smug.

So please, enlighten everybody and make me feel like an idiot by explaining exactly what the fuck you are talking about.

But you can't... because you know you're going off on a tangent because you don't have any better fucking defense for the bullshit you were spouting and what I had to say in response to it.

A lesson in subtlety.

The more you say "fuck," the less effective and impressive it is.

Meaning: I am neither affected nor impressed.

A lesson in subtlety.

Oh I apologize. I was saying fuck all along to impress you.

You fucking clod.

A lesson in subtlety.

You fucking clod.

Of course you were. Why else would you say it so much, for intellectual power?

A lesson in subtlety.

You fucking clod.

Of course you were. Why else would you say it so much, for intellectual power?

Incidentally, I love the word. It packs a good punch when used judiciously. If that advice is lost on you then that's your problem.

For the same reason that sock mjoltrd calls everyone children.

They have tiny penises.

I love to swear. It makes me feel GOD DAMN POWERFUL, like what you said.

Now are you going to fucking come to Quantum Windbag's defense? Because surely with your intellectual power you can tell me how exactly he's right and I'm wrong.

Come on wiz kid. Or is your only fucking existence in this thread to bitch about somebody using the word fuck a lot?

Last edited:
I don't see any point in engaging trolls. I just like to laugh at their looniness and stupidity.

I don't see any point in engaging trolls. I just like to laugh at their looniness and stupidity.

You're one of the big laughingstocks of this board koshergrl. Even among the right wing posters. I guess it's good you have a sense of humor.

So try again, Windbag.

Got it! Keeping Americans dumb is the only way religious views can survive.

Forum List

Back