Why Not Legalize Organ Selling?

It's important to remember that far too many transplants occur now. People are pushed into a transplant when lifestyle changes would work as well or better. But the big money is in transplants and that's all doctors care about.

No way should you be able to sell your organs - rich people who needed one would pay for one from a poor person. The poor would lose, as usual.

Leave it to a libtard to say that a freely agreed transaction between two people that benefits both is bad because.....? of no reason at all they just think that it would be.

roflmao

Rich people would benefit. You know they would. How could a poor person afford a kidney?

There would have to be certain regulations and stiff punishments for those who commit crimes to acquire those organs. As I said earlier, only criminals and the rich would benefit from that. Many criminals have already shown that they have no problem with taking a life to make a dollar. Imagine your average mugger not only taking your wallet and life, but taking your organs to sell on the black market.

Legalizing it would threaten the jewish organ trafficking industry and that would be anti-cementic and stuff.

Last edited:
No way should you be able to sell your organs - rich people who needed one would pay for one from a poor person. The poor would lose, as usual.

Leave it to a libtard to say that a freely agreed transaction between two people that benefits both is bad because.....? of no reason at all they just think that it would be.

roflmao

Rich people would benefit. You know they would.

Therefore it is wrong. I get it. Anything that might benefit one rich person is evil even if it also benefits hundreds of poor people.

How could a poor person afford a kidney?

How do they afford them now, Sherlock?

There would have to be certain regulations and stiff punishments for those who commit crimes to acquire those organs.

Of course it would have to be regulated. But we already have the organ transplant crimes, so why not allow the legal sell of these organs? Where it has been legalized the waiting list for organs has disappeared.

As I said earlier, only criminals and the rich would benefit from that.

The rich have always used criminals to help them keep a grip on society.

Many criminals have already shown that they have no problem with taking a life to make a dollar.

Again, as has been the case throughout human history.

Imagine your average mugger not only taking your wallet and life, but taking your organs to sell on the black market.

Except that the average mugger cant take the organs and them be worth anything. It takes special care to harvest organs that a low life mugger cant afford.

But once again, we already have the illegal organ trade going on, why not let legal trade benefit everyone?

roflmao

Rich people would benefit. You know they would.

Therefore it is wrong. I get it. Anything that might benefit one rich person is evil even if it also benefits hundreds of poor people.

How could a poor person afford a kidney?

How do they afford them now, Sherlock?

They don't. That's the point.

Transplant Organs usually don't end up in poor people. They end up in people with good insurance or who are wealthy. And that's with the legal safeguards that are supposed to make it "fair", a rich asshole like Steve Jobs was able to register in 50 states and hop to the front of the line to get a liver transplant.

A downside I can see is a black market for organs springing up. Criminals could illegally harvest organs, and sell them to rich people. Therefore, only criminals and rich people would benefit from it's legalization.

Black markets usually develop when the sale of something is illegal. Who's to say that the black market does not already exist for organs.

Create a situation where upon death organs are harvested by private concerns for which they pay in advance while the donor is still alive.

When we privatize organ donorship like that, the poor will never get transplants.

More bullshit from you.

Do you ever post anything that has one nanosecond of actual thought?

Even if your paranoia is justified, there are only so many rich people that need the operations, so the poor would fill in and the government billed.

A downside I can see is a black market for organs springing up. Criminals could illegally harvest organs, and sell them to rich people. Therefore, only criminals and rich people would benefit from it's legalization.

Black markets usually develop when the sale of something is illegal. Who's to say that the black market does not already exist for organs.

It already does. I linked to a NYT story on that very same topic earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Right...so let's make it easier for the rich to buy organs. Great idea!

Some things are inherently bad ideas.

Besides, pretty soon we womt even need organs from other people.

There's no objective reason not to allow it. Think the reason it isn't here in the US (but is in other countries) is it's gross. :) Plus, because of how fixated on costs we are, if we allowed people to sell off akidney, there's the concernt hat then society may have to pay more for those people if their sole kidney stops working right. So many of our laws governing safety like seatbelts, and motorcycle helmets are because of public costs, not any moral concern about people's welfare. Would assume a similar issue being at play with selling organs. We can sell blood and semen afaik because they're self-replenishing. But organs are finite.

Plus, selling off organs creates a real dystopian concern if the underclasses became used as organ donors. Movie "The Island" shows this well.

This is a great idea. Poor people around the world already pimp their kids out for a variety of purposes.

With this fine idea they can raise them up for specific purposes. Eye balls sell well. Kidneys, maybe a liver.
How about a heart? Lungs?

And get em while they are young and haven't had the stress put on their organs that living in poverty seems to bring.

What a great idea. I bet that the ultra rich folk get a law passed that says the buying of any organ from any person is perfectly fine. As long as the Mom or Dad agreed to the sale.

Hell maybe this would drop the abortion rate as more and more poor people had kids to be able to sell their body parts.

Would we throw the remains in a body parts junkyard or bury them? Ah who cares, they are just poor people.

Forum List

Back