Why Not Legalize Organ Selling?

That would be considered Unconstitutional as it would be considered cruel and unusual punishment.

Why?

They are going to die, why not at least give them that option as they await execution?

Most find a remorse and this might be a good relief from some guilt.

Killers do not find remorse. The psychologist assigned to California's death row, Vonda Pelto, wrote a book about her experiences dealing with death row inmates. The title is "No Remorse" which might give you a clue.

Some don't, and some do.

The author might have had an axe to grind.

Interview with a death row inmate - In Depth - Al Jazeera English

Are you remorseful about it?

Shit, I've been remorseful for a long time, not just about that but about a lotta things. Plenty of time to contemplate and reflect on all the things you've done in your life, and every one of them deserves remorse. Eventually it's gonna creep in, depression's gonna creep in, all that's gonna take effect.

And really if I could say look I'm sorry for what I've done, I'm sorry I killed your dad, what the hell would that mean to her? It's not gonna make her feel any better, especially if she wants me dead.

Death row diary offers rare glimpse into a morbid world - CNN.com

Dear Sis:

Tomorrow Elmer will be executed and I'll be next up to bat, with 15 days to live. (Elmer Carrol was executed May 29 for the rape and murder of a 10-year-old girl.)

A situation like this tends to make you reflect on the elusive nature of time itself, which some folks -- physicists and metaphysicists alike -- claim is an illusion anyway. Real or not it sure seems to be going someplace quickly!

I read in a recent newspaper article that the brother and sister of Fred Griffis, the victim in my case, are angry that I'm still alive and eager for my execution. These are understandable human feelings. I have a brother and sister myself and I cannot honestly say how I would deal with it if something happened to you or Jeff at the hands of another. I have thought of Fred many times over the years and grieved over his senseless death.

Many on death row do find remorse, but cant express it the same way we don out here.

Why?

They are going to die, why not at least give them that option as they await execution?

Killers do not find remorse. The psychologist assigned to California's death row, Vonda Pelto, wrote a book about her experiences dealing with death row inmates. The title is "No Remorse" which might give you a clue.

Some don't, and some do.

Shit, I've been remorseful for a long time, not just about that but about a lotta things. Plenty of time to contemplate and reflect on all the things you've done in your life, and every one of them deserves remorse. Eventually it's gonna creep in, depression's gonna creep in, all that's gonna take effect.

And really if I could say look I'm sorry for what I've done, I'm sorry I killed your dad, what the hell would that mean to her? It's not gonna make her feel any better, especially if she wants me dead.

Dear Sis:

Tomorrow Elmer will be executed and I'll be next up to bat, with 15 days to live. (Elmer Carrol was executed May 29 for the rape and murder of a 10-year-old girl.)

A situation like this tends to make you reflect on the elusive nature of time itself, which some folks -- physicists and metaphysicists alike -- claim is an illusion anyway. Real or not it sure seems to be going someplace quickly!

I read in a recent newspaper article that the brother and sister of Fred Griffis, the victim in my case, are angry that I'm still alive and eager for my execution. These are understandable human feelings. I have a brother and sister myself and I cannot honestly say how I would deal with it if something happened to you or Jeff at the hands of another. I have thought of Fred many times over the years and grieved over his senseless death.

Many on death row do find remorse, but cant express it the same way we don out here.

They don't find remorse but if a reporter asks them, they will say they do. If every criminal now in prison felt bad about the crime they committed, there would be no recidivism. Non criminals have a need to imagine that murderers feel bad about killing someone. They don't. What they do, especially those on death row, is fantasize about the murders. They relive them. And they imagine what they would do if they had the chance to do it again. However, they do know what to say when asked.

There are over 3000 convicts on Death Row in the USA awaiting execution. Why not offer them the chance to have their sentence commuted to life imprisonment in exchange for donating one of their kidneys?

That would be considered Unconstitutional as it would be considered cruel and unusual punishment.

Why?

I don't see why they already can't donate their organs except they won't be for sale. Some doctors won't accept the organs because of the diseases associated with being in jail for a number of years.

HIV and Infectious Disease Care in Jails and Prisons: Breaking Down the Walls with the Help of Academic Medicine

Someone will complain the organ someone is donating is punishment since it is paying for a lesser sentence and lawsuits will be filed.

China has a policy of removing the organs from prisoners. They have death vans to remove organs on the spot.

If it's a good idea for us, why isn't it a good idea for them.

India does a booming business in organ sales. Parents wanting to make money off a child will sell kidneys and parts of livers of their children sometimes organ sales are the family's primary income.

If it's good for them, why can't it be good for us too?

China has a policy of removing the organs from prisoners. They have death vans to remove organs on the spot.

If it's a good idea for us, why isn't it a good idea for them.

India does a booming business in organ sales. Parents wanting to make money off a child will sell kidneys and parts of livers of their children sometimes organ sales are the family's primary income.

If it's good for them, why can't it be good for us too?

What is the difference between mortality rates?

How would you feel if you were in a car accident and the nurse decided to harvest your organs instead of save you?

Do you want to belong to a country of butchers?

Some don't, and some do.

Dear Sis:

They don't find remorse but if a reporter asks them, they will say they do. If every criminal now in prison felt bad about the crime they committed, there would be no recidivism. Non criminals have a need to imagine that murderers feel bad about killing someone. They don't. What they do, especially those on death row, is fantasize about the murders. They relive them. And they imagine what they would do if they had the chance to do it again. However, they do know what to say when asked.

Methinks Jesus not to judge a man's heart.

No one knows who has repented truly but God Himself.

Forum List

Back