Zone1 Why not just amend the National Firearms Act to include ARs and AKs?

It doesn't say to keep or bear. It says to keep and bear. An important distinction.

So you are fine with American citizens owning rocket launchers?
I have no problem with law-abiding citizens owning ANY weapon. That included machine guns, mortars and rocket launchers. Citizens are already allowed to own things far more dangerous than those weapons.

Ok you can argue it just define what infringe means before you make an ass out of yourself.
FYI Scalia was talking about loosing a right when due process has been used. Not legislating rights away.
I already posted the definition of infringed.

What I want to know is if you think letting American citizens have any weapon they can afford or want is in the best interest of our country.

So again I ask, do you think Americans should be able to own missile launchers?

I have no problem with law-abiding citizens owning ANY weapon. That included machine guns, mortars and rocket launchers. Citizens are already allowed to own things far more dangerous than those weapons.
So Russian or Chinese sympathizers who are American citizens should be able to have these weapons staged around all major cities in America?

Paid for by their governments and delivered by a military U-Haul truck?

The NFA should be repealed
The reason that any compromise with gun grabbers is a bad idea is that the left will never be satisfied

Some gun owners may think “I dont have an AR so what?”

But any gun you own may be next on the hit list

So Russian or Chinese sympathizers who are American citizens should be able to have these weapons staged around all major cities in America?

Paid for by their governments and delivered by a military U-Haul truck?
Are they law-abiding citizens or are they fifth columnists preparing for war. The first is legal, the second a crime so they AREN'T law-abiding citizens.

Are they law-abiding citizens or are they fifth columnists preparing for war. The first is legal, the second a crime so they AREN'T law-abiding citizens.
Who knows? Assume they have no police records. You go into your back yard and look over the fence to see your neighbor bbqing while a couple of his buddies are arrecting a rocket launcher.

You live just outside of Atlanta. Maybe you call the police and they tell you your neighbor is an American with no record, their is nothing they can do.

Hop on Facebook and one of your friends posts about their neighbor having a rocket launcher put in his back yard right outside of LA. He too is a citizen with no record. He just wanted a rocket launcher for shits and giggles.

So I guess the question is do you want to legalize weapons so strong that a small group of people could kill multiple millions of Americans at once? Cripple govenrment agencies etc?

The reason that any compromise with gun grabbers is a bad idea is that the left will never be satisfied

Back in the 80s revolvers were on the hit list.

OMG here we go again
I've already posted the definition bullshit
No fuck you have not
What does infringed mean?
Wow. You kind of freaked out their.

I posted the definition in post 263. Sort of my fault I suppose. I put quotes around it but didn't link it because it was just the definition Google showed at the top so I copy pasted directly from that.

Perhaps I should have made that more clear. My bad.

Wow. You kind of freaked out their.

I posted the definition in post 263. Sort of my fault I suppose. I put quotes around it but didn't link it because it was just the definition Google showed at the top so I copy pasted directly from that.

Perhaps I should have made that more clear. My bad.
What does infringed mean in law?

An infringement is a violation, a breach, or an unauthorized act. Infringement occurs in various situations. A harm to one's right is an infringement. A violation of a statute is also an infringement.
1685062719021.png

Welcome to LII › wex

infringement | Wex | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

Shall not be infringed means what?

What does infringed mean in law?

An infringement is a violation, a breach, or an unauthorized act. Infringement occurs in various situations. A harm to one's right is an infringement. A violation of a statute is also an infringement.
View attachment 788790
Welcome to LII › wex

infringement | Wex | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

Shall not be infringed means what?
Yeah. Fairly similar to what I posted.

If you think there are blaring distinctions from what I posted feel free the elaborate.

No mention of the word democracy
Article IV, Section 4:

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.
First of all, the Republic in every State in the union is filled by members of the legislature by the vote of the people, aka, vote by all the people registered - a process of democracy.

The second is clearly (and as January 6, 2021 is funny) that the President of the United States orchestrated the domestic violence on that date.

Long guns and handguns are ARMS. So are gravity knives and push buttons, shot guns and SAMS, Cherry Bombs and Fragmentation grenades, etc.

The phrase in the 2nd A. "shall not be infringed" is ludicrous and ridiculous; foolish when this was made to make all AR 15, per se, not to be controlled.

To Wit:

republic, form of government in which a state is ruled by representatives of the citizen body. Modern republics are founded on the idea that sovereignty rests with the people, though who is included and excluded from the category of the people has varied across history. Because citizens do not govern the state themselves but through representatives, republics may be distinguished from direct democracy, though modern representative democracies are by and large republics. The term republic may also be applied to any form of government in which the head of state is not a hereditary monarch.
America is not a democracy.
When was the last time you voted on any federal state city or county legislation?

First of all, the Republic in every State in the union is filled by members of the legislature by the vote of the people, aka, vote by all the people registered - a process of democracy.
Voting for your represenative in your republic is democracy only as far as that election goes.
The people have no direct say in legislation or policy, and thus, its not a democracy.

Forum List

Back