Why Islam Is More Violent Than Christianity

Congratulations are in order. Every time I think I have seen the most absolutely ridiculous attempt at moral equivalence by one of the useful idiots, along comes a posting so absolutely retarded that it reads like parody.

Yes, by all means, killing people for abandoning the faith isn't much different than killing them after they have murdered innocent people.

I weep for this country if children like you are an example of our educational system.
See the 10 commandments.

Killing people for ANY reason is immoral.

Actually not.

It is murder that is forbidden, not killing......else war would be outlawed.

I used to expect better scholarship from your side.

No longer.
Capital punishment isn't war.

It isn't murder.

Do you have a point, beside the one on top of your head?

BTW....

Genesis 9:6 prescribed the death penalty for murder when it said that if a man “shed the blood” of another man, by man must his blood be shed. The only law repeated in all five of the books of the old testament. The death penalty is a value, values are eternal, as opposed to customs or traditions, such as stoning for adultery.

2. Exodus 21:12-14

Leviticus 24:17 and 21

Numbers 35:16-18 and Numbers 35:31

Deuteronomy 19:11-13
My point is this. If you can justify to yourself that state has the right to kill someone, and you do, you can't really hold it against the terrorists who can also justify it to themselves that they have the right to kill someone.

Thou shall not kill.

That's what the commandment is....and we don't follow the old testament.

Killing is either wrong in all cases or it isn't.

Not the right......the obligation.

Were it not for the Liberals corrupting society, evil would be punished.....as it should be.

Now, write this down, laminate it for your wallet, and study it every day:

"Capital punishment is to the whole society what self-defense is to the individual."
"The Ethics of Life and Death," J.P. Moreland, p. 115.

Think about the unthinkable. What if God exists and is in fact a violent angry God intolerant of non-believers, heretics, and blasphemers?

Think about the truth instead. That Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life and that no man can come to the Father except through Him. Think about the truth that God said no murderer, no adulterer, no idolater, no homosexual, no liar, no thief, no sorcerer.......can enter the kingdom of heaven. Think about the truth of what Jesus taught and the commandment - thou shalt not kill - think about the truth that those who reject Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior cannot enter the kingdom of heaven and when you are finished thinking about that consider that no where in the bible did Jesus ever command his followers to murder in his name. To do jihad, to loot, to take sex slaves - and then consider that the one you have been following is Satan and not God.

Repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved. Baal Allah cannot save you. Mohammad cannot save you. He could not even save himself and today he is in hell. Wake up.
Assuming there is a Heaven and a Hell of course.

Are you serious?
Yes sir! Heaven and Hell are beliefs, not facts. Beliefs require faith in things unseen. Facts hold a higher standard.

Heaven/Hell = Carrot/Stick

If they were the superpower and we lived in a small country that they invaded, and we didn't have access to good weapons, we might resort to ied's and suicide bombings.

And look at how shocked we are to see them cut heads off. BFD I say. Shoot them, cut their heads off, drown them waterboarding them, beat them to death. Cutting a head off is quick and easy and the victim doesn't suffer too long. We tortured men in Abu Grabe for months and those people finally died. That is cruel, no?

If you don't get it out of them after a month of torture, they don't know or they ain't gonna break. Stop it. LOL.

Aren't Russians Christians? Aren't they invading Ukraine right now? Do you approve of Russia's tactics? And lets see how Ukraine reacts if they get desperate enough. They might start buring IUD's and sending in soldiers to do suicide bombs.

I see you live in Michigan. Dearborn, by any chance?

Think about the unthinkable. What if God exists and is in fact a violent angry God intolerant of non-believers, heretics, and blasphemers?

Think about the truth instead. That Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life and that no man can come to the Father except through Him. Think about the truth that God said no murderer, no adulterer, no idolater, no homosexual, no liar, no thief, no sorcerer.......can enter the kingdom of heaven. Think about the truth of what Jesus taught and the commandment - thou shalt not kill - think about the truth that those who reject Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior cannot enter the kingdom of heaven and when you are finished thinking about that consider that no where in the bible did Jesus ever command his followers to murder in his name. To do jihad, to loot, to take sex slaves - and then consider that the one you have been following is Satan and not God.

Repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved. Baal Allah cannot save you. Mohammad cannot save you. He could not even save himself and today he is in hell. Wake up.

Are you serious?
Yes sir! Heaven and Hell are beliefs, not facts. Beliefs require faith in things unseen. Facts hold a higher standard.

Beliefs?

Y'mean like global warming and Darwinian evolution and the dangers of income inequality?

I see what you mean about requiring faith.

OMG!

How long must I endure the apologists, the secular liars, trying to compare the horrific murderers and savages, the Islamists, to other groups, usually Christians?

When will Liberals run out of lies?

Tracinski does his usual masterful job in explaining the .....dichotomy.

1. "The Charlie Hebdo massacre once again has politicians and the media dancing around the question of whether there might be something a little bit special about this one particular religion, Islam, that causes its adherents to go around killing people.

2. It is not considered acceptable in polite company to entertain this possibility. Instead, it is necessary to insist, as a New York Times article does, that “Islam is no more inherently violent than other religions.”

3. .... all major religions have had violent periods, or periods in which the religion has coexisted with violence. Even those mellow pacifist Buddhists. ...

.... But in today’s context, it’s absurd to equate Islam and Christianity.

4. Pointing to the Spanish Inquisition tends to undermine the point rather than confirm it: if you have to look back three hundred years to find atrocities, it’s because there are so few of them today. The mass crimes committed under the name of Islam, by contrast, are fresh and openly boasted about.

5. As an atheist, I have no god in this fight, so to speak. I don’t think the differences between religions make one more valid than another. But as the Charlie Hedbo attack reminds us, there is a big practical difference between them.

6..... the best argument against the equivalence of Christianity and Islam is that no one acts even remotely as if this were true. We feel free to criticize and offend Christians without a second thought....but antagonizing Muslims takes courage.
More courage than a lot of secular types in the West can usually muster.

7. What are its root causes?

... the main danger posed by any religion to its dissenters and unbelievers lies in the rejection of reason, which cuts off the possibility of discussion and debate, leaving coercion as an acceptable substitute.... But all religions are different and have different doctrines which are shaped over their history—and as we shall see, that includes different views on precisely such core issues as the role of reason and persuasion.

8.....there are a number of big, widely documented differences between Christianity and Islam that can be seen in the traditions established by their history and in the actual content of their religious doctrines.

9. The life of Christ versus the life of Mohammed.
Mohammed was a conqueror who gained worldly political power in his lifetime and used it to persecute opponents and impose his religion. He also fully enjoyed the worldly perks of being a tyrant, including multiple wives.

Jesus, by contrast, was basically a pacifist whose whole purpose on earth was to allow himself to be tortured to death.

10. He even explicitly forbade his followers to use force to defend him. Here’s John,Chapter 18: “Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest’s servant, and cut off his right ear…. Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?”

So true. Islam is an ideological and political cult. It has zero room for understanding or tolerance. It's stated goal is global domination and Sharia Law. True Muslims believe and follow this.

In the end we are fooling ourselves into believing the majority of Muslims don't support Sharia law, global domination or back violence as a means to an end!

If the Bible is the Truth then one must concede also that God demanded the genocide of the Amalekites

'Now go and strike Amalek and utterly destroy all that he has, and do not spare him; but put to death both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.'"

What do you do with that Truth? Ignore it?

You people have invented God in your desired image, and then claimed it as the Truth.
> CORRECTION------------> It is was your own prophet who invented a god designed in his own desired image (with the influence of his wife Khadija) and this was done to justify playing God, justifying sexual sin, adultery (more than one wife) paedophile behavior, beating his wives, theft, looting, sex slavery, beheadings of 900 Jews in Medina, the killing of women and children, and more. Will you now accuse God in order to justify Mohammad for such sins?

If you knew the history of the Amalekites you would not be asking me such a question. Why do you think Saul lost everything for that one act of disobedience? (he didn't obey God 100% on that command) Did not David sin more than once yet still was never removed as King? There is a reason for it. Search the Scriptures.

Stick to the point. Your God commanded a genocide.

My God commanded a righteous judgment for a certain time and a certain place on a people that were under his judgment. Had Saul obeyed -the Israelis would have been spared alot of grief! But no! Saul decided to disobey God and not follow through!

I'll give you a comparison right now and show you how that works out, Nosmos. Look at Israel and the temple mount, the terrorist attacks inside Israel and against Israel! Do you know why that happened? Because a certain Israeli General of the IDF named General Uzi refused to obey God - who spoke through the mouth of a Rabbi named Rabbi Shomo Gorin and decided to go with a secular government and appease the Arab people! How did he do that? After the 6 day war the Israelis took the Temple Mount and the Arabs fled! The Jews were weeping their eyes out - ovewhelmed at the fulfillment of God's promise. What was God's promise?

I will put my Name there! 37 times in the Old Testament God repeatedly declares this promise and then? Suddenly the Temple Mount is theirs! So the Rabbi tells General Uzi - take this dynamite and blow up the Dome of the Rock and the Al asqa Mosque now! THIS IS THE MOMENT OF REDEMPTION!

What does General Uzi respond with? Do not say another word or I'll have to arrest you. In other words? We're not doing that - we're going to hand it back over to the Arabs! Oh my! What a mistake! What a TERRIBLE
God knew full well what Saul was going to do. Saul was punishment for the people demanding a king from Samuel. Islam might just be our Saul until we return to God.

You MUST be kidding me! That wasn't why Saul disobeyed. Did you not listen to a word I just wrote to you? Saul had a choice! And he blew it! The consequences were devastating. Gideon had to go up against those guys thanks to Saul! And the Israelis today? They have the "Palestinians" to deal with because one General - General Uzi thought he didn't need to listen to the Rabbi who told him to blow up the Dome of the Rock and the Al Asqa Mosque. Had he done it? Israel would not be fighting the Muslims in her own territory. Just think about that for a second.

Rabbi Shlomo was obeying the command God gave to the Israelites through Moses. General Uzi did not have the mind of God on the matter - imo.

Here is the Word of God on what should have been done once the Israelis took back the Temple Mount :

It is written:

And the LORD spoke unto Moses in the plains of Moab by Jordan near Jericho, saying, Speak to the Children of Israel, and say unto them, When you are passed over the Jordan into the land of Canaan, Then shall you drive out all the inhabitants of the land from before you, and destroy all their pictures, and destroy all their molten images, and quite pluck down all their high places. And you shall dispossess the inhabitants of the land, and dwell therin. for I have given you the land to possess it.
And you shall divide the land by lot for inheritance among your families, and to the more you shall give the more inheritance, and to the fewer you shall give the less inheritance,every man's inheritance shall be in the place where his lot falls. But if you will not drive out the inhabitants of the land from before you, then it shall come to pass, that those which you let remain of them shall be pricks in your eyes, and thorns in your sides, and shall vex you in the land wherein you dwell.

Numbers 33: 50,51,52,53,54,55

And there's more!

Verse 56!

Moreover it shall come to pass, that I shall do unto you, as I thought to do unto them.

So when General Uzi didn't listen to the Rabbi and take the dynamite and blow up the dome of the rock and the al asqa mosque - when he did not do what the Word of God commanded the Israelis to do upon coming home - having this land returned to them and the Temple Mount?

The rest was history. The very history you see today. The Arabs in that land have been a thorn in their sides and pricks in their eyes. It has been non stop heartache. All because the General thought to appease the Arabs and not return to the real roots of Israel - a Jewish State - but rather a secular state and government and you can see what happens when we disobey God!!!

Are you serious?

Beliefs?

Y'mean like global warming and Darwinian evolution and the dangers of income inequality?

For someone who thinks Creation happened in 6 days that's pretty sad.

Why Islam Is More Violent Than Christianity....

Let's get back to the doctrines themselves, the fundamentals that prove the title of the thread:

15. ".... idea here is not a belief in self-sacrifice—Islam, with its emphasis on the glory of dying in battle, has that idea in abundance.

Nor is it the idea of a duty to serve others—Communist regimes were built on the idea that the individual exists only to serve the collective.

Instead, it is the idea that each individual has a supreme and sacred value. Even Ayn Rand declared this to be the idea from Christianity that most impressed her.

Islam has no corresponding idea.

The news is constantly bringing us a story of some imam somewhere declaring it consistent with Islam for a man to beat his wife, and the rise of the Islamic State in Syria has provided us current examples of Islam sanctioning slavery, including the capture and systematic rape of sex slaves. This is a religion that is still very much in the “rights of the conqueror” mode, in which the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

I would say Islam is the antithesis of Christianity. While radical Muslims of Allah capture, rape, enslave, murder, behead those outside their faith (and sometimes inside) the radical Christian would never dream of capturing, raping, enslaving, murdering or beheading any person outside their faith or inside. The worst you'll get from a radical on fire for God Christian is hearing truth that might be offensive to some but Calvary love is not love of the world. The world will tell folks all is well when it isn't whereas a Christian cannot do that or they have that persons blood on their hands - for not warning them. It's a completely different world view.

See the 10 commandments.

Killing people for ANY reason is immoral.

Actually not.

No longer.

It isn't murder.

BTW....

Genesis 9:6 prescribed the death penalty for murder when it said that if a man “shed the blood” of another man, by man must his blood be shed. The only law repeated in all five of the books of the old testament. The death penalty is a value, values are eternal, as opposed to customs or traditions, such as stoning for adultery.

My point is this. If you can justify to yourself that state has the right to kill someone, and you do, you can't really hold it against the terrorists who can also justify it to themselves that they have the right to kill someone.

Thou shall not kill.

Were it not for the Liberals corrupting society, evil would be punished.....as it should be.

"Capital punishment is to the whole society what self-defense is to the individual."
No, that isn't correct, just someone excusing the killing of others. No real different from what ISIS is currently doing.

Are you serious?

Beliefs?

I understand how PC could be so suspicious of science. Science shows her that:

a) humans are capable of effecting the environment and therefore should be careful of how we abuse it

b) mankind is an animal, a primate and therefore susceptible to the forces of evolutionary change and not the platinum plated creation as described by a Bronze Age philosopher

c) income disparity always leads to violent revolution as we have seen throughout history.

Ignoring fact and clinging to superstition makes for a backward outlook. Political Chic? Q.E.D.

OMG!

How long must I endure the apologists, the secular liars, trying to compare the horrific murderers and savages, the Islamists, to other groups, usually Christians?

When will Liberals run out of lies?

Tracinski does his usual masterful job in explaining the .....dichotomy.

1. "The Charlie Hebdo massacre once again has politicians and the media dancing around the question of whether there might be something a little bit special about this one particular religion, Islam, that causes its adherents to go around killing people.

2. It is not considered acceptable in polite company to entertain this possibility. Instead, it is necessary to insist, as a New York Times article does, that “Islam is no more inherently violent than other religions.”

3. .... all major religions have had violent periods, or periods in which the religion has coexisted with violence. Even those mellow pacifist Buddhists. ...

.... But in today’s context, it’s absurd to equate Islam and Christianity.

4. Pointing to the Spanish Inquisition tends to undermine the point rather than confirm it: if you have to look back three hundred years to find atrocities, it’s because there are so few of them today. The mass crimes committed under the name of Islam, by contrast, are fresh and openly boasted about.

5. As an atheist, I have no god in this fight, so to speak. I don’t think the differences between religions make one more valid than another. But as the Charlie Hedbo attack reminds us, there is a big practical difference between them.

6..... the best argument against the equivalence of Christianity and Islam is that no one acts even remotely as if this were true. We feel free to criticize and offend Christians without a second thought....but antagonizing Muslims takes courage.
More courage than a lot of secular types in the West can usually muster.

7. What are its root causes?

... the main danger posed by any religion to its dissenters and unbelievers lies in the rejection of reason, which cuts off the possibility of discussion and debate, leaving coercion as an acceptable substitute.... But all religions are different and have different doctrines which are shaped over their history—and as we shall see, that includes different views on precisely such core issues as the role of reason and persuasion.

8.....there are a number of big, widely documented differences between Christianity and Islam that can be seen in the traditions established by their history and in the actual content of their religious doctrines.

9. The life of Christ versus the life of Mohammed.
Mohammed was a conqueror who gained worldly political power in his lifetime and used it to persecute opponents and impose his religion. He also fully enjoyed the worldly perks of being a tyrant, including multiple wives.

Jesus, by contrast, was basically a pacifist whose whole purpose on earth was to allow himself to be tortured to death.

10. He even explicitly forbade his followers to use force to defend him. Here’s John,Chapter 18: “Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest’s servant, and cut off his right ear…. Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?”

So true. Islam is an ideological and political cult. It has zero room for understanding or tolerance. It's stated goal is global domination and Sharia Law. True Muslims believe and follow this.

In the end we are fooling ourselves into believing the majority of Muslims don't support Sharia law, global domination or back violence as a means to an end!

"In the end we are fooling ourselves into believing the majority of Muslims don't support Sharia law, global domination or back violence as a means to an end!"

Well, not all of us.....

...but there sure is an unhealthy amount of same in this thread alone.

You can count on Liberals, Progressives, secularists, Democrats to stand right up to deny the obvious.

Are you serious?

Beliefs?

a) humans are capable of effecting the environment and therefore should be careful of how we abuse it

b) mankind is an animal, a primate and therefore susceptible to the forces of evolutionary change and not the platinum plated creation as described by a Bronze Age philosopher c) income disparity always leads to violent revolution as we have seen throughout history.

Ignoring fact and clinging to superstition makes for a backward outlook. Political Chic? Q.E.D.

She once claimed that science had vindicated the Genesis version of creation.

Actually not.

No longer.

It isn't murder.

BTW....

Thou shall not kill.

No, that isn't correct, just someone excusing the killing of others. No real different from what ISIS is currently doing.

So....If you are true to your word, you'd step aside and allow a homicidal maniac to slit the throat of your child?

Please.....admit you've made an abysmally stupid assertion.

Are you serious?

Beliefs?

Your goofy conspiracy theories aren't going to help you.

The RWnuts will never run out of people to hate.

Looks more like a cause of unintelligent extreme leftists never tiring of defending the antithesis of liberalism to me.

Any actual liberal would be the first person to stand up against Islam.

Why would you stand up against the 99+% of Muslims who are not violent, not terrorists?

Unless of course you were an Islamophobic bigot...

Are you serious?

Beliefs?

b) mankind is an animal, a primate and therefore susceptible to the forces of evolutionary change and not the platinum plated creation as described by a Bronze Age philosopher

c) income disparity always leads to violent revolution as we have seen throughout history.

"I understand how PC could be so suspicious of science."

What makes you imagine that I'm suspicious of science?

Certainly no such claim is in evidence.

And you claimed you aren't a liar!
Pshhhhaw....

Are you serious?

Beliefs?

Can you find any quote of mine that states that?

Oh....right, you're a liar.

It isn't murder.

BTW....

Thou shall not kill.

So....If you are true to your word, you'd step aside and allow a homicidal maniac to slit the throat of your child?

Please.....admit you've made an abysmally stupid assertion.

The Bible says to love your enemy and turn the other cheek.

Since you believe Muslims are somehow bound to follow the Koran to the letter, aren't Christians bound to follow the Bible to the letter?

Why do you ignore important admonitions in the Bible? How is it even possible for you to do that?

Forum List

Back