Why is the GOP even bothering to select a candidate for next year?

If coming across the way you think means altering my principled beliefs, no thank. There is an old Tibetan proverb that says "It's better to be a tiger for one day than a sheep for a thousand years". The Democrats have made themselves a symbol of relative morals and those willing to modify principled beliefs. Anyone willing to modify their principled beliefs never had them to start with. Anyone willing to follow those people also have no principles. Standing on one's principles isn't a sign of weakness. It's a sign of honor. A willingness to alter what is supposed to be a principled belief in order to get votes, money and free PR is a sign they can't be trusted. Someone that is willing to change that easily is someone that can be trusted in the short term or long term. You never know when it might change again. I'd rather die knowing I held to my belief that die knowing I cowardly changed them to benefit in the ways you think are OK.
Then you've made your choice. Your party has made its choice. That's why your party is going to whither and die while it clings to an idealized past that never truly was and stubbornly alienates anyone who could bring it back from the brink. Have fun being completely powerless and irrelevant in fifty years...

If coming across the way you think means altering my principled beliefs, no thank. There is an old Tibetan proverb that says "It's better to be a tiger for one day than a sheep for a thousand years". The Democrats have made themselves a symbol of relative morals and those willing to modify principled beliefs. Anyone willing to modify their principled beliefs never had them to start with. Anyone willing to follow those people also have no principles. Standing on one's principles isn't a sign of weakness. It's a sign of honor. A willingness to alter what is supposed to be a principled belief in order to get votes, money and free PR is a sign they can't be trusted. Someone that is willing to change that easily is someone that can be trusted in the short term or long term. You never know when it might change again. I'd rather die knowing I held to my belief that die knowing I cowardly changed them to benefit in the ways you think are OK.
Then you've made your choice. Your party has made its choice. That's why your party is going to whither and die while it clings to an idealized past that never truly was and stubbornly alienates anyone who could bring it back from the brink. Have fun being completely powerless and irrelevant in fifty years...

Have fun living your life as a sheep. I'll take being a tiger for a day than an unprincipled, cowardly sheep that can't be trusted for a thousand years. You've made your choice.

That's not why minorities stay away from the GOP. The GOP doesn't pander to them based on skin color like Democrats do. Seems the 20% that stay with the GOP are the smart ones. At least they're willing to get off the plantation and do for themselves.
You do realize that the "plantation" talking point itself makes this party seem pretty racist? There are strong reasons that, from the outside at least, it looks like a party of old, out of touch white men who just can't help saying sexist and racist things even in their attempts to recruit women and minorities. Honestly it couldn't be more blatant if you were saying "n*ggers, fags, and bitches should join us because we love and respect them!" The content of the message runs directly counter to the objective.

That's the problem. You are on the outside looking in and think you know more about what goes on inside.

Funny you mention old.

Funny you use the term "n*ggers". I've heard far more black refer to other blacks by that term than whites. Guess it's only racist when white people do it?
Know who else is on the outside looking in? Every single other person who isn't a member of your party. That includes Democrats, third party members, independents, and even foreigners. If you care about the survival of your party then you'll consider how you come across to prospective members and supporters. The Democrats are in a better position largely because they have done this. They adopted populism and political correctness and made themselves a symbol of cooperation and mutual understanding. They went out of their way to build bridges to other people because they understood that other people mean votes, money, and free PR. It especially helps their cause that the GOP has went out of its way to reject these things as signs of weakness and to focus its efforts on appealing solely to demographic groups which are shrinking in size and power every day. In doing so - in expressing the attitudes which you express here - the GOP has essentially poisoned itself and sacrificed any long term viability for short term gain.

ONE policy conservatives have EVER been on the correct side of US history? Just one???

labor_history.png

Have fun living your life as a sheep. I'll take being a tiger for a day than an unprincipled, cowardly sheep that can't be trusted for a thousand years. You've made your choice.
Hey guys, let's not tell him that his day is already over, and has been for six or seven years now. It's kinder that way.

Someone needs to tell you that living as a coward isn't living. Wait, I have and you can't understand it.

That's not why minorities stay away from the GOP. The GOP doesn't pander to them based on skin color like Democrats do. Seems the 20% that stay with the GOP are the smart ones. At least they're willing to get off the plantation and do for themselves.
You do realize that the "plantation" talking point itself makes this party seem pretty racist? There are strong reasons that, from the outside at least, it looks like a party of old, out of touch white men who just can't help saying sexist and racist things even in their attempts to recruit women and minorities. Honestly it couldn't be more blatant if you were saying "n*ggers, fags, and bitches should join us because we love and respect them!" The content of the message runs directly counter to the objective.

That's the problem. You are on the outside looking in and think you know more about what goes on inside.

Funny you mention old.

Funny you use the term "n*ggers". I've heard far more black refer to other blacks by that term than whites. Guess it's only racist when white people do it?
Know who else is on the outside looking in? Every single other person who isn't a member of your party. That includes Democrats, third party members, independents, and even foreigners. If you care about the survival of your party then you'll consider how you come across to prospective members and supporters. The Democrats are in a better position largely because they have done this. They adopted populism and political correctness and made themselves a symbol of cooperation and mutual understanding. They went out of their way to build bridges to other people because they understood that other people mean votes, money, and free PR. It especially helps their cause that the GOP has went out of its way to reject these things as signs of weakness and to focus its efforts on appealing solely to demographic groups which are shrinking in size and power every day. In doing so - in expressing the attitudes which you express here - the GOP has essentially poisoned itself and sacrificed any long term viability for short term gain.

ONE policy conservatives have EVER been on the correct side of US history? Just one???

labor_history.png
At least it's one more than your side has ever been on.

No he didn't moron.

Really? BUT everyone on the right said that would happen? Everyone on hate talk radio (Rush, Hannity, Beck,Levine, etc), the infotainment Faux, WSJ, etc? What happened?

No, they didn't moron.

The Romney "Landslide" That Wasn't

Dick Morris: "Prediction: Romney 325, Obama 213"

Glenn Beck: "321-217 victory for Romney in the electoral college."

Rush Limbaugh: "Everything -- Except the Polls -- Points to a Romney Landslide"

Michael Barone: "Romney Beats Obama, Handily"

George Will: Romney 321, Obama 217

Newsmax: "Expect a Mitt Romney Landslide"

Larry Kudlow: "I am now predicting a 330 vote electoral landslide."

It didn't work out that way.

The Romney Landslide That Wasn t Blog Media Matters for America

lol

Eight people said it once and none of them were me dumbass.

You really are an idiot. The only question is "how big of one?"

So YOUR earlier posit of THEM not doing it was a total right wing lie. Shocking

You stupid stupid jackass. I said "Hillary can't win and you claimed I said that Romney would win in a landslide. I did not, you are a moron. Go away now you are too stupid to be posting.

Funny you mention old.

labor_history.png

Again Bubba, your dodge noted. Sorry you can't think of even one policy conservatives were on the correct side of US history either!

Really? BUT everyone on the right said that would happen? Everyone on hate talk radio (Rush, Hannity, Beck,Levine, etc), the infotainment Faux, WSJ, etc? What happened?

No, they didn't moron.

The Romney "Landslide" That Wasn't

Dick Morris: "Prediction: Romney 325, Obama 213"

Glenn Beck: "321-217 victory for Romney in the electoral college."

Rush Limbaugh: "Everything -- Except the Polls -- Points to a Romney Landslide"

Michael Barone: "Romney Beats Obama, Handily"

George Will: Romney 321, Obama 217

Newsmax: "Expect a Mitt Romney Landslide"

Larry Kudlow: "I am now predicting a 330 vote electoral landslide."

It didn't work out that way.

The Romney Landslide That Wasn t Blog Media Matters for America

lol

Eight people said it once and none of them were me dumbass.

You really are an idiot. The only question is "how big of one?"

So YOUR earlier posit of THEM not doing it was a total right wing lie. Shocking

You stupid stupid jackass. I said "Hillary can't win and you claimed I said that Romney would win in a landslide. I did not, you are a moron. Go away now you are too stupid to be posting.

I get it Bubba, you are confused. I'm shocked, knowing conservatism is built on ignorance, stupidity and amnesia!

moron called PredFan said:

"It's actually the left that had no one. Hillary can't win."

I SAID:

"And Prez Romney won in a landslide... lol"

moron called PredFan said

"No he didn't moron."

I SAID:

"Really? BUT everyone on the right said that would happen? Everyone on hate talk radio (Rush, Hannity, Beck,Levine, etc), the infotainment Faux, WSJ, etc? What happened?"

moron called PredFan said

"No, they didn't moron."

lol, :dance:

Funny you mention old.

labor_history.png

Again Bubba, your dodge noted. Sorry you can't think of even one policy conservatives were on the correct side of US history either!

Like I said, if it's one, it's one more than Liberals have been correct.

Abortion, the need to root out Communist agents during the Cold War, and Iraq's chemical weapons?

Don't know what policy is huh? I'm shocked

Iraq had WMD's of course, Ronnie sold it to them, of course they were to old and not in anyways the WMD's Dubya spoke of!

Clearly we should just suspend elections and revert back to a monarchy that we fought a bloody war to be free from in the first place. Makes perfect sense.

Iraq had WMD's of course, Ronnie sold it to them, of course they were to old and not in anyways the WMD's Dubya spoke of!
Iraq's WMDs* weren't the WMDs that Bush was talking about when he said that Iraq had WMDs?

*Weapon of Mass Destruction, commonly defined with the acronym CBRN (chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear)

I was going to reply, and try to correct your erroneous thinking, but you can't fix stupid. America is fed up with Obama style politics. That's why you got your asses handed to you in the mid terms. The race hasn't even started yet, and you're declaring victory. That does not bode well for your supposed intelligence.
I'm actually not a Democrat, or even a leftist. I'm probably best described as a socially conservative and fiscally liberal independent. Feed the poor, secure the borders, and let gay people marry so they can adopt and keep babies from being butchered. Anyway, it really doesn't matter what America is fed up with at this point. Every citizen and non-citizen voter in this country could vote for Rep. Billy Joe Bob (R) from Kansas and Hillary is still going to be cheesing at her inauguration in 2017. You can't stop this any more than you could stop Obama. The decision's already been made and neither of us have a role in making it.
"you and me" and "every citizen and non citizen could vote for Rep....." implies the voting public is to have no substantive say in the election of Hilary. Does that mean there is something sinister involved in her putative election?

Clearly we should just suspend elections and revert back to a monarchy that we fought a bloody war to be free from in the first place. Makes perfect sense.

Nah, I like that a national election AGAIN will show the GOP isn't a national party anymore myself!

B7joNkbCMAA3hIq.jpg:large

bobby-jundal1.jpg
Seems the party you say isn't one of the national level handed your party an ass whipping last November.

Iraq's WMDs* weren't the WMDs that Bush was talking about when he said that Iraq had WMDs?

*Weapon of Mass Destruction, commonly defined with the acronym CBRN (chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear)

Don't understand they breakdown over time huh? I'm shocked. No really I am

:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

The New York Times had published a new report detailing the numerous cases of American and Iraqi soldiers accidentally exposed to chemical agents from Saddam Hussein's decaying Gulf War era weapons.

...But as the Times makes clear, far from confirming ongoing conservative claims that Iraq possessed stockpiles of WMD ready for use in 2003, the new revelations prove the reverse:

The discoveries of these chemical weapons did not support the government's invasion rationale.

...All had been manufactured before 1991, participants said. Filthy, rusty or corroded, a large fraction of them could not be readily identified as chemical weapons at all. Some were empty, though many of them still contained potent mustard agent or residual sarin. Most could not have been used as designed, and when they ruptured dispersed the chemical agents over a limited area, according to those who collected the majority of them.

"And all of this was from the pre-1991 era."

New York Times exposes another Bush WMD deception

How Did Iraq Get Its Weapons? We Sold Them

REAGAN AND POPPY BUSH

How Did Iraq Get Its Weapons We Sold Them Common Dreams Breaking News Views for the Progressive Community

Ted Koppel reported on ABC's Nightline that the "Reagan/Bush administrations permitted—and frequently encouraged—the flow of money, agricultural credits, dual-use technology, chemicals, and weapons to Iraq."

United States support for Iraq during the Iran Iraq war - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"you and me" and "every citizen and non citizen could vote for Rep....." implies the voting public is to have no substantive say in the election of Hilary. Does that mean there is something sinister involved in her putative election?
I'm saying nothing more or less than that, if the GOP fielded Yeshua ben Yosef himself and received every single vote cast in the election without a single exception, then Hillary would still be smiling real pretty for the cameras as she gave her speeches and took the oath of office on the Capitol steps come January 20, 2017.

Nah, I like that a national election AGAIN will show the GOP isn't a national party anymore myself!

B7joNkbCMAA3hIq.jpg:large

bobby-jundal1.jpg
Seems the party you say isn't one of the national level handed your party an ass whipping last November.

There a national election last November??? Didn't think so...

GOP Memo: Gerrymandering Won Us The House Majority
GOP Memo Gerrymandering Won Us The House Majority

The Senate's 46 Democrats got 20 million more votes than its 54 Republicans

But here's a crazy fact: those 46 Democrats got more votes than the 54 Republicans across the 2010, 2012, and 2014 elections. According to Nathan Nicholson, a researcher at the voting reform advocacy group FairVote, "the 46 Democratic caucus members in the 114th Congress received a total of 67.8 million votes in winning their seats, while the 54 Republican caucus members received 47.1 million votes."

The Senate s 46 Democrats got 20 million more votes than its 54 Republicans - Vox

Forum List

Back