Why Is Secession Such an Anathema to the Left?

And the same goes for me. I would not leave my home town, my home which I have invested my life into keeping up and renovating just because some in my state decided to make war of the federal government. I guess my neighbors would then make war on me, in spite of the fact that I never did anything to deserve it.

Who is talking about making war?
Secession is an act of treason. The Secessionists had better be prepared to pay the piper.

For people who actually respect the constitution, trying to remove an entire state full of people from it's protection is the blackest treason. Why else would a bunch of neo-confederates try to break away? So they can finally get rid of those pesky parts that grant equal rights and protection to people they really want to fuck over and keep down.

For people who actually respect the constitution, trying to remove an entire state full of people from it's protection is the blackest treason. Why else would a bunch of neo-confederates try to break away? So they can finally get rid of those pesky parts that grant equal rights and protection to people they really want to fuck over and keep down.
^^^

Secession is an act of treason. The Secessionists had better be prepared to pay the piper.

There you have it. Totalitarians masquerading as Liberals. Wake up, America!
Yep! I'm the danger! You see nothing wrong with secession (a poor student of history) and I call secession treason. And I represent the danger to America.

Ever notice how the politically inept tend to project their mistaken positions onto those who vehemently oppose them?

Isn't secession the ultimate expression of self-determination? Why are those on the Left so opposed to allowing a difference of opinion? Conservatives think liberals are idiots and would be happy to have them go somewhere else, but the reverse is certainly not true. Liberals want to enforce their conformity on everyone and recoil at the thought of allowing others to follow a different path.

Is this due to an underlying totalitarian streak that are present in most "progressive" policies, or is it a fear of competition from other ideas? As an out-of-state conservative I had no problems with Romneycare in Massachusetts (as long as I didn't have to pay for it). So why is it you liberals are so opposed to school vouchers in states where you don't live? Why must every policy be dictated by the federal government?

What are you afraid of?

Secession is perfectly okay as long as it is done with the consent of the majority of other states.
In other words, it's not OK. Why should you need permission from the other members of a club when you want to leave that club?

Isn't secession the ultimate expression of self-determination? Why are those on the Left so opposed to allowing a difference of opinion? Conservatives think liberals are idiots and would be happy to have them go somewhere else, but the reverse is certainly not true. Liberals want to enforce their conformity on everyone and recoil at the thought of allowing others to follow a different path.

Is this due to an underlying totalitarian streak that are present in most "progressive" policies, or is it a fear of competition from other ideas? As an out-of-state conservative I had no problems with Romneycare in Massachusetts (as long as I didn't have to pay for it). So why is it you liberals are so opposed to school vouchers in states where you don't live? Why must every policy be dictated by the federal government?

What are you afraid of?

Secession is perfectly okay as long as it is done with the consent of the majority of other states.
In other words, it's not OK. Why should you need permission from the other members of a club when you want to leave that club?

The fundamental problem with your point of view is that you view the United States as nothing more than a club- and the Constitution, nothing more than guidelines for members.

What are you afraid of?

The fundamental problem with your point of view is that you view the United States as nothing more than a club- and the Constitution, nothing more than guidelines for members.

More or less, that's correct. I don't subscribe to the religion that worships the almighty state. If America doesn't serve the purposes of those who suffer under its governance, then it should be dissolved.

Which is why 'secession' is un-Constitutional, it seeks to take an American's citizenship from him against his will; as is the case with a citizen's fundamental rights, whether or not one retains his citizenship is not subject to acts of state government, popular vote, or majority rule.

What are you afraid of?

There are no 'other words.'

The following are the only words that matter: 'secession' is un-Constitutional.

states%20dependency.jpg

Come on liberals, shape up and realize this is a win-win.

There you have it. Totalitarians masquerading as Liberals. Wake up, America!
You know.... when our Founders revolted - they knew they were committing treason.

Difference is: they won.

Winning is everything.

Which proves nothing. Again, you're pushing the "might makes right," theory of morality.

What are you afraid of?

There are no 'other words.'

The following are the only words that matter: 'secession' is un-Constitutional.

The fact that they can't be found in the Constitution is what matters.

Which is why 'secession' is un-Constitutional, it seeks to take an American's citizenship from him against his will; as is the case with a citizen's fundamental rights, whether or not one retains his citizenship is not subject to acts of state government, popular vote, or majority rule.

Wrong. If a state secedes, all the residents who want to remain American citizens do so. Does flying to Mexico remove your American citizenship?

This is the most bogus argument of all.

Wrong. If a state secedes, all the residents who want to remain American citizens do so. Does flying to Mexico remove your American citizenship?

This is the most bogus argument of all.
All horse, no chattel.

Secede the fuck already.

And shut the hell up/

Lets say that the southern states seceded.....all that would do is to have chumps like Trump, declaring that we should build a "great, great wall" along the Mason-Dixon line.

Lets say that the southern states seceded.....all that would do is to have chumps like Trump, declaring that we should build a "great, great wall" along the Mason-Dixon line.

That would be fine with us, sick of all the Northern liberals fucking up the North and then moving down here. But it is kind of funny in a way they take their pensions with them :) enjoy paying it suckers.

I think the left is happy to have ended slavery and kept the country whole but at times it doesn't seem to have been worth it all things considered.

I really think it comes down to the western states and who got control over them.
The GOP was a leftist entity? What next? Pajama wearing rhinoceros...

Forum List

Back